The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

That's a horrible way to lose a game but with the score 0-0 through 120+ minutes, if they played until the golden goal, some players might die out there. I dont know how many of you play soccer but I play with a team and we arent super competitive but we are all super fit. And after 90 minutes of playing we are all dead laying on the ground. I dont know how long it would take before a goal would be scored but it would zap a team's energy. For this reason I am glad they do penalty kicks even though it is sadly, a tough way to lose.

How do you think Celtic will fare in the Scottish League? Champs again?

I would be very disappointed if they didn't win it with Rangers likely to be gone.

I think the priority for this season is qualifying for the Champions League group stage. I'd be happy with third place in that getting us into the knockouts of the Europa as I think we'll probably be 4th seeds. But I think if the club is going to have continued success they need to start qualifying for the CL every year. The money is huge for us.

Charles Green does not own Rangers Football Club. Rangers Football Club are still in administration and still being run by Duff and Phelps until such time as the court appointed liquidators step in to finally close them down. Rangers Football Club is dead. It still has its history but that history now has a line under it, it cannot be added to.

Charles Green is the CEO of either Sevco 5088 or Sevco Scotland. He wont say which. One or possibly both of these companies have purchased the assets of Rangers Football Club. These assets consist of Ibrox stadium, Murray Park and the Albion car park.

Sevco is not Rangers Football Club, has never been and can never be Rangers Football Club, it also cannot be The Rangers Football Club for the time being anyway.

Sevco is not a football team. It is not registered with any Football Association nor does it have a league to play in. It does not hold the registration papers for any football players, neither can it hold the registration of any professional football player until it is a registered football team.

Sevco has no automatic right to enter the professional game in Scotland. It is a newco, a new company and a new club. It has no history. It has no place in any league, therefore it cannot be 'relegated', it cannot be 'demoted' it can only be admitted.

If Sevco is to be admitted to the professional game in Scotland then it must first apply to join the Scottish FA to become a member. It must then apply to enter the third division, the bottom tier of Scottish Football.

This application process will be open to any club that wishes to participate, It is likely that there will be strong applications from Spartans FC, Cove Rangers FC and possibly some others. These clubs have been through this process before, they are aware of the necessary criteria for applying and they will meet this criteria by providing amongst other things three years accounts.

Sevco cannot produce three years accounts therefore it fails to meet the necessary criteria for admittance to the SFL third Division.

Any move to circumvent the already established process and criteria for entry into the professional game in Scotland in order to favour one hopeful club over another, will result in a legal challenge by the disaffected clubs, which will suspend the beginning of the Scottish season.

Sevco are not banned from Europe for three years they are not permitted to play in European competitions because they are a new club and cannot provide three years audited accounts, unlike the SFA, UEFA will not bend nor ignore their rules just because it is Rangers. Another point to be noted, it will actually be four seasons before sevco can play in Europe because they have now missed the cut off point for submitting this years accounts .

Because they are not banned from Europe the only punishment Rangers Football Club has so far received for their years of corrupting the Scottish game to their own advancement and financial gain has been to be deducted ten points, an automatic penalty for entering administration. They have also been fined a paltry £160,000, It is unclear if this fine remains with Rangers Football Club or is to be transferred to Sevco. So when you hear it said Rangers have been punished enough ask in what way have they been punished. They have not been banned from Europe, they have not been demoted, they have suffered no financial penalty of note.

Everything that has happened to Rangers Football club has been their own doing, their own choice rather than pay off the debts that they accrued whilst attempting to be the most successful team in Scotland they chose administration, they chose liquidation, they chose to form a Newco!

• Upvote 1

How do you think Celtic will fare in the Scottish League? Champs again?

I would be very disappointed if they didn't win it with Rangers likely to be gone.

I think the priority for this season is qualifying for the Champions League group stage. I'd be happy with third place in that getting us into the knockouts of the Europa as I think we'll probably be 4th seeds. But I think if the club is going to have continued success they need to start qualifying for the CL every year. The money is huge for us.

The Rangers debarcle has given teams like Aberdeen great incentive to spend some money and have a real go, Celtic are not a good team and are not unbeatable. I am delighted Aberdeen have stated their intention to have a go and have started by signing Johnny Hayes, a decent winger who should do well at Pittodrie.

Sorry pal, but I cannot see Celtic making the group stages of the Champions League, I would imagine yous will still get to the knockout stages of the Europa league though

The Rangers debarcle has given teams like Aberdeen great incentive to spend some money and have a real go, Celtic are not a good team and are not unbeatable. I am delighted Aberdeen have stated their intention to have a go and have started by signing Johnny Hayes, a decent winger who should do well at Pittodrie.

Sorry pal, but I cannot see Celtic making the group stages of the Champions League, I would imagine yous will still get to the knockout stages of the Europa league though

I think we have a good chance. The teams we could potentially play aren't great. But then again, we have a remarkable ability to mess up in Europe. Particularly away from home.

And I welcome competition in the league. It would be a boring season if there wasn't any.

Surprised at this, I thought Becks was a lock to make the team. Disappointed for him but chuffed to bits for Giggs

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7846753/Beckham-left-out-of-Team-GB

David Beckham has confirmed that he has not been included in Great Britain's football squad for the Olympic Games.

The 37-year-old former England midfielder had made the final short-list and was widely expected to be confirmed in the 18-man party by coach Stuart Pearce.

But now the Los Angeles Galaxy star has revealed that he will not be taking part in the London games.

"Everyone knows how much playing for my country has always meant to me, so I would have been honoured to have been part of this unique Team GB squad. Naturally I am very disappointed, but there will be no bigger supporter of the team than me and like everyone, I will be hoping they can win the gold."

It is understood Ryan Giggs, Craig Bellamyvand Micah Richards will be the three over-age players confirmed by Pearce next week.

wtf all games end 0-0.

come on!

haha I think Ronaldo was dissapointed after the game. he was talking to himself

it was fun when he faked an injury to stop an attack from spain.

and when he was laying down crying and then suddenly ran away hehe

if ronaldo is playing it is always exciting!