The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

that is bizarre becuse it is not listed anywhere and Craig Brown was going mad about the fact Jack was booked and Mulgrew was not. Lennon probably had a word, we all know he gets what he wants with the SFA

Who do you think Celtic will sign in Jan? Would not have thought that they would have that much £ to spend and would have to clear some wages. Who would want to play in Scotland now anyway? Its a joke............

You can't be serious? I know you're a pretty knowledgeable poster so I'll let that slide on account of you being annoyed with the weekend's result.

Celtic could sign anyone and it would be an improvement on what we have in defence now. I can't wait til Izaguirre's back. I expect them to shell out at least £2.5-3 million on a CB. They really don't have an excuse, since we're getting extra revenue out of the Europa League which we really shouldn't be getting.

Samaras has to go in January. We were offered quite a bit of money for him in the Summer but he refused to leave I think.

Edited by Sc♂ttish⑦Canuck™
  • Upvote 1

You can't be serious? I know you're a pretty knowledgeable poster so I'll let that slide on account of you being annoyed with the weekend's result.

Celtic could sign anyone and it would be an improvement on what we have in defence now. I can't wait til Izaguirre's back. I expect them to shell out at least £2.5-3 million on a CB. They really don't have an excuse, since we're getting extra revenue out of the Europa League which we really shouldn't be getting.

Samaras has to go in January. We were offered quite a bit of money for him in the Summer but he refused to leave I think.

Do you think Izaguirre will stay? I think if he had not broke his leg he would have been gone in January, he is too good for Scotland and United need a left back............just sayin ;)

Will be interesting to see what happens with Sion's appeal too which it looks like they are going to win, what a farce, UEFA and FIFA just keep on setting themselves up to look even more stupid than each other (if thats even possible)

Do you think Izaguirre will stay? I think if he had not broke his leg he would have been gone in January, he is too good for Scotland and United need a left back............just sayin ;)

Will be interesting to see what happens with Sion's appeal too which it looks like they are going to win, what a farce, UEFA and FIFA just keep on setting themselves up to look even more stupid than each other (if thats even possible)

I'd love for him to stay if he plays as well as he did before his injury. But if the price is right we're not really going to say no.

I've become fed up of the whole Sion thing, so I stopped reading about it a while back. If they get back in there are going to be a lot of unhappy teams. It's going to mess up the tournament.

I'd love for him to stay if he plays as well as he did before his injury. But if the price is right we're not really going to say no.

I've become fed up of the whole Sion thing, so I stopped reading about it a while back. If they get back in there are going to be a lot of unhappy teams. It's going to mess up the tournament.

they are going to win the appeal, no question about it. I seen a list of UEFA's possible solutions to the issue and stopped reading at about the third one which was Celtic and Sion splitting the remaining league games and if they qualified from the group, have a one game, neutral venue play off.........no kidding, that was one of their options!!!! :lol:

makes sense to do it now, even with the 10 point deduction, they will still be top of the league

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know... that's depressing.

They've got £260,000 left in their accounts, with a wage budget of £3m. Should they go into administration I've heard that all season tickets become void (?) too. What's even actually involved with admin? Do they just get deducted 10 points and then start afresh?

I know... that's depressing.

They've got £260,000 left in their accounts, with a wage budget of £3m. Should they go into administration I've heard that all season tickets become void (?) too. What's even actually involved with admin? Do they just get deducted 10 points and then start afresh?

its pretty much a way of getting the tax man off their case. The inland revenue is not considered a preferential creditor which means they basically get shafted. All staff must be paid first and then the club/bank will make an offer to HMRC, probably something like 10p in the £ max, and HMRC have little choice but to accept it.

It makes total sense for Rangers to go into admin, other than the shame of it, with the lead they have in the SPL, there is no punishment and it frees up millions

Not sure how the season tickets would be void though, they dont belong to Glasgow Rangers FC, surely they belong to individuals? unless financed through the club I guess......I dont know about that one

Not an expert in this by any stretch of the imagination and Im sure there is more to it than that.........but thats my understanding of it. watch this space I guess!!!!!

ONE thread for all of European soccer?

There aren't enough soccer fans on here to justify having all these threads for different leagues, so most of them just end up dying because no-one posts in them.

I thought it would be better to keep it all in one thread, but other people evidently feel differently because they never post in here. It's kind of turned into a bit of a Scottish football thread anyways...

Arsene Wegner has the gunner's flying right now! 5 straight wins!

Robin Van Persie is showing why he is one of the top strikers in the world!

I have to admit, I am actually surprised at how good RVP has been this year, I have always seen him as one of those, very good but not great players and certainly not a leader but with all the gunners have been through this last year or so and the way he is playing and leading now, I have been proved wrong. Keep it up Robin and you might yet get your dream move to United ;)

and north of the border another good weekend for the huns, celtic are so bad its untrue, funny though :lol::lol::lol:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/31102011/58/spl-rangers-docked-75-points.html

SPL - Rangers 'could be docked 75 points'

SPL leaders Rangers could be docked as many as 75 points if they are forced to become a new entity due to their current financial problems, according to the Daily Record.

The Ibrox giants are facing a £49 million tax bill which early this month club chairman Craig Whyte admitted was "paralysing" the club.

The Scottish champions are involved in two separate disputes with HM Revenue and Customs, relating to payments before Whyte completed his takeover.

The club have not paid a £2.8m tax bill which first emerged in April, relating to payments made to staff between 1999 to 2003. They are believed to be disputing a fine that goes with it.

A tax tribunal, which could cost the club £49m, will resume in November.

Now the Daily Record is claiming that there would be no way that Rangers could possibly pay that money back, and that the penalty for entering a club into the SPL under a new guise would be severe.

If such a situation transpires, then the Record claims that Rangers could face an extra 15 point deduction on top of the usual 10 point deduction that goes to a club that enters administration.

In the piece written by James Traynor, the paper also claims that such a penalty could be imposed for three consecutive season meaning they would be docked 75 points in total.

If Rangers were forced to rebrand themselves as a new club, they would also face being banned from European football for three seasons by UEFA under recently introduced guidelines.

Edited by topbananas

I would have been on commenting on how horrible Celtic were at the weekend but CDC has only just started working for me again. Yeah, I saw that. Doubt they'll get the 75 point penalty though, although if they want to set an example it would be a good way of going about it (I'd also love that so much).

They're obviously in a terrible state as the papers have been reporting they've had their winners medals seized to pay debts.

I would have been on commenting on how horrible Celtic were at the weekend but CDC has only just started working for me again. Yeah, I saw that. Doubt they'll get the 75 point penalty though, although if they want to set an example it would be a good way of going about it (I'd also love that so much).

They're obviously in a terrible state as the papers have been reporting they've had their winners medals seized to pay debts.

I wondered where you had been, I had just hoped you had not taken a jump off the forth road bridge after the weekends results ;)

more good news fdor the huns, naismith out for the season........ouch, that hurts!!! rangers midfielders dont have much luck at Aberdeen

Yeah, and he deserves it. Injured himself in a tackle he should have been sent off for. Potential leg breaker and he wasn't even booked.

212cwgi.gif

439000212.jpg

Karma's a b!tch.

but we all know that glasgow based players are allowed to tackle like this without punishment ;)

looking bleak for terry in this race row now, I heard he strongly denies racially abusing his friend Anton but has not completely ruled out sha**ing his wife :lol: