The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Have to say that I am totally gutted by the offside decision given against Liverpool in injury time to take away 3 points at Goodison today. Terrible officiating was the word of the day in the EPL this weekend. Torres' sending off... Suarez not being sent off... Rafael offside on Chicharito's goal... all garbage calls.

Arsenal vs reading game was historic, thats all that needs to be said, great comeback by the gunners, walcott definitely showing some promise as well as chamakh, wish they would both start lighting it up, but we know how thatll most likely end up, i was jumping up and down at work while watching all of this go down, not gonna lie.

chelsea and man u, i hate both teams with a passion, but i hate chelsea less, wasnt rooting for either side but was happy with this result, good open game which is what i like the most!

Another frustrating day to be a Liverpool supporter!

Totally outplayed and outclassed (see Coloccini foul on Suarez) the Magpies. 23-11 shots... 66-34 possession... What would they do without Suarez? I hate to say it, but, Gerrard looks to me to be just about done as a top flight player. He can still spray the ball around well, but, he isn't an impact, game-changer anymore. Sad to see as he is one of my favorite players of all-time.

Is there going to be any quality available at the mid-season window to fill the Red's need for a striker?

Another frustrating day to be a Liverpool supporter!

Totally outplayed and outclassed (see Coloccini foul on Suarez) the Magpies. 23-11 shots... 66-34 possession... What would they do without Suarez? I hate to say it, but, Gerrard looks to me to be just about done as a top flight player. He can still spray the ball around well, but, he isn't an impact, game-changer anymore. Sad to see as he is one of my favorite players of all-time.

Is there going to be any quality available at the mid-season window to fill the Red's need for a striker?

Gerrard looked pretty good in Europe over the summer, wouldn't you say?

Maybe his surroundings are dragging him down ;)

Gerrard looked pretty good in Europe over the summer, wouldn't you say?

Maybe his surroundings are dragging him down ;)

You're right, GLASSJAW. Stevie G looked great at Euro. He hasn't, IMO, looked very good in the EPL games he's played in this year, though. Maybe Euro was his last hurrah? Still 30 games to go. Maybe he'll turn things around?

I'd be frustrated if I were him, for sure. The Reds are definitely changing guard right now. Lots of promising youth mixed with some vets. Europe doesn't look like it's in the cards for next year at this point.

apparently walcott/sturridge to liverpool highly possible in the january transfer window

Haven't heard this one yet. One or both, Gabes?

Walcott would look good on the outside with Johnson, when he returns. Sturridge up front with Suarez would be a nice pairing.