The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Quite the win for Celtic yesterday.

Didn't see the match, but, read about it and saw highlights. Great finish by Samaras to win it!

I live in Northern British Columbia, Scottish. Here, and in the rest of the province, we have access to a channel called Sportsnet World where I see my Scottish footy. Thing is, we only get 1 or 2 matches a week live. It sucks!

Do you have a suggestion as to where I can consistently stream Celtic's matches? I have been a fan since I was 9 (my Dunbar club wore Celtic 2nd's at the time... Green and Black verticals), but, I rarely get to see live matches. Sometimes, I get lucky and find a good free stream. Mostly, I don't.

Can you help me, dude?

Anybody have any predictions for the Champions league games?

I'm saying Dortmund over Malaga with Isco and Gotze being the difference makers.

Madrid over Galatasaray with Drogba and Ronaldo trading multiple goals.

Barcelona over PSG with Messi scoring two and Beckham living up to the hype.

Bayern over Juventus with a battle of the goaltenders. This "series" will be the best to watch of the4 and will likely require extra time.

I'm saying Dortmund over Malaga with Isco and Gotze being the difference makers.

Bayern over Juventus with a battle of the goaltenders. This "series" will be the best to watch of the4 and will likely require extra time.

Dortmund over Malaga, easy, general tandem of Gotze and Reus doing what they do.

Madrid over Gala obviously, Madrid doing what they do as well.

Barca over PSG, but it comes closer than many people think. They only edge them by 1 goal on aggregate is my guess.

Bayern over Juventus with Bayern likely out-pacing Juve, and possibly managing to control Pirlo at least somewhat.

Agg scores something like:

Dortmund 5 Malaga 1

Barca 5 PSG 2

Madrid 4 Galatasaray 0

Bayern 3 Juventus 1

and I am sorry, if you think Drogba can still cut it at this level you are seriously mistaken, there are reasons (besides money) that since leaving Chelsea he has played in the powerhouse leagues of China and Turkey.

Worst Champions League quarter final draw I can remember, roll on the semis where, whatever way they come out of the heated ball pot, there will be 2 classic ties to watch. The final will be well worth a watch too

Agg scores something like:

Dortmund 5 Malaga 1

Barca 5 PSG 2

Madrid 4 Galatasaray 0

Bayern 3 Juventus 1

and I am sorry, if you think Drogba can still cut it at this level you are seriously mistaken, there are reasons (besides money) that since leaving Chelsea he has played in the powerhouse leagues of China and Turkey.

Worst Champions League quarter final draw I can remember, roll on the semis where, whatever way they come out of the heated ball pot, there will be 2 classic ties to watch. The final will be well worth a watch too

I don't believe that he is the player that he used to be, but I think that they will underestimate him and he might sneak in one or two. I also wanted to throw in a wild card in my assumptions.

Didn't see the match, but, read about it and saw highlights. Great finish by Samaras to win it!

I live in Northern British Columbia, Scottish. Here, and in the rest of the province, we have access to a channel called Sportsnet World where I see my Scottish footy. Thing is, we only get 1 or 2 matches a week live. It sucks!

Do you have a suggestion as to where I can consistently stream Celtic's matches? I have been a fan since I was 9 (my Dunbar club wore Celtic 2nd's at the time... Green and Black verticals), but, I rarely get to see live matches. Sometimes, I get lucky and find a good free stream. Mostly, I don't.

Can you help me, dude?

Celtic streams are generally pretty hard to come by if the game isn't being broadcast on Sky Sports or ESPN. For other games I'm usually stuck with a crappy Celtic TV stream, where the commentary is so bad and biased that I usually just mute it. If I find any decent streams for games in the future I'll PM them to you.

Celtic streams are generally pretty hard to come by if the game isn't being broadcast on Sky Sports or ESPN. For other games I'm usually stuck with a crappy Celtic TV stream, where the commentary is so bad and biased that I usually just mute it. If I find any decent streams for games in the future I'll PM them to you.

That's funny, Scottish. I always just figured you would get every game on the regular tube. I have often thought of joining CelticTV, but $25 a month seems a little steep for 4 or 5 matches. I have found free Euro and CL streams from various countries in various languages, but, their quality is sketchy. I guess I'll have to settle for a game a month on SportsnetWorld, for now.

I was thinking the other day... I really miss watching Henrik Larsson in his #7 Hoop jersey.

I hate Wales more than the English national team.

Just as arrogant, twice as annoying.

dont hate them any more than the English but I do tar them with the same brush, they are far more sneaky though.....stab you in the back types. Amazing how when you walk into a pub in Wales all of a sudden they all start speaking in Welsh

Poor San Marino, LOL

should never ever be allowed in a qualifying group, absolute joke. UEFA/FIFA really need to introduce pre qualifying for Euros/World Cups qualifying groups.

The England fans chanting against Rio Ferdinand last night are either complete idiots or Chelsea fans. Woy and the FA made their choice what side of the fence they were sat on when they left him out for "football reasons" when he has been the best English centre half in the Premier league this year. They wanted "JT" and now they realise they have made a massive massive mistake.....love the fact that Rio told them to f**k off, just wish he had done it with the same publicity that Woy did when he snubbed him but no, Rio and Manchester United have far more class than that and Rio did it face to face with Woy. As the Stretford End chant goes "You can stick you're f**king England up your ar*e" and "Once more than England, World Champions twice"

The England fans chanting against Rio Ferdinand last night are either complete idiots or Chelsea fans. Woy and the FA made their choice what side of the fence they were sat on when they left him out for "football reasons" when he has been the best English centre half in the Premier league this year. They wanted "JT" and now they realise they have made a massive massive mistake.....love the fact that Rio told them to f**k off, just wish he had done it with the same publicity that Woy did when he snubbed him but no, Rio and Manchester United have far more class than that and Rio did it face to face with Woy. As the Stretford End chant goes "You can stick you're f**king England up your ar*e" and "Once more than England, World Champions twice"

Well said. Terry is done as a player, IMO. Can't even find a regular spot in Chelsea's back line. Rio has been a stud this season, and, I have to say, I am a bit shocked. If Vidic ever regains his form, you have a pretty formidable pair back there. Woy will rue the day he left Rio out of the 3 Lion's plans.