The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

The game really reminded me of the 2011 SCF (we all know what happened there...); skill and flair got beat by size and defense (with some timely offense... and Lapierre-like antics by Jordie Alba)

Edited by Phil_314

Bayern are through for sure imo, Barca just hasn't looked right this season. I cant really see Madrid keeping a clean sheet as well as scoring 3 at the Burnebeu. So its looking like an all German Final, which i couldn't be more happy about. Germany has the best squad in football atm and im glad they are being rewarded for it.

Look out for Germany at Brazil 2014, that team is going to be scary good.

Neuer

Lahm - Hummels - Badstuber/Boateng/Mertesacker - Schmelzer

Schweinsteiger - Gundogan/Khedira

Muller/Ozil - Gotze/Ozil - Rues/Podolski/Schurrle

Klose/Gomez/Muller/Rues

MAAAAAN that is an insanely industrious, skilled, pacey and experienced squad that will crush teams in the air and on the counter attack.

Klose may be a stretch, but i would love to see him pick up a goal or two in the early stages of the tournament and tie or become highest scorer in world cup history.

Bayern are through for sure imo, Barca just hasn't looked right this season. I cant really see Madrid keeping a clean sheet as well as scoring 3 at the Burnebeu. So its looking like an all German Final, which i couldn't be more happy about. Germany has the best squad in football atm and im glad they are being rewarded for it.

Look out for Germany at Brazil 2014, that team is going to be scary good.

Neuer

Lahm - Hummels - Badstuber/Boateng/Mertesacker - Schmelzer

Schweinsteiger - Gundogan/Khedira

Muller/Ozil - Gotze/Ozil - Rues/Podolski/Schurrle

Klose/Gomez/Muller/Rues

MAAAAAN that is an insanely industrious, skilled, pacey and experienced squad that will crush teams in the air and on the counter attack.

Klose may be a stretch, but i would love to see him pick up a goal or two in the early stages of the tournament and tie or become highest scorer in world cup history.

Klose is still playing at a pretty good level for 34 year old, I can see him getting a couple of games at the world cup.

Especially since he's so good at these big tournaments.

As for the Champions League, I don't see Barcelona or Real Madrid coming back against those German teams.

Edited by Lost Canuck

"Bild report this evening that Lewandowski has agreed personal terms on two deals with Bayern Munich, the only question is whether the Bavarian side can agree terms with Dortmund" (b/r)

His agent,

"We have reached an agreement with a club and intend (him) to move this summer.

There is a very interesting offer for Robert which fulfils entirely the demands set by Dortmund and also the demands of Robert.

Dortmund have assured us that Robert can move at the end of the season under these conditions." (b/r)

Hope this doesn't happen... normally wouldn't put any stock into this but bild was right about Gotze...

madrid did give a scare in 2nd leg, way too close for comfort.

but dortmund is going to wembley!

No kidding. I was actually walking out of the room saying "well, this one's done" when Benzema scored the 1st goal. The ending too, so frantic. Btw where is Lewandowski gonna end up next season? Now I'm not a Liverpool fan but I think they'd be tough to beat if they could add him next to Suarez.

What a blow again for Barcelona... 7-0 loss over 2 games... It's one thing to lose, but a whole other thing to get humiliated!

Bayern Munich - Dortmund the final, at Wembley Stadium of all places...

• Upvote 1