The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Don't post here much, but just wanna say how frustrating it is to see that bonehead manage the Devils...probably not used to seeing the men execute and perform at a high level like they did under Sir Alex but still, what's wrong with them?

The players are practically the same yet they are playing horrible football...wins are coming but it's not consistent and they look pretty poor. I hope they can somehow pick it up but man is Moyes clueless...

Yea, I heard...you at the game or just spreading the news?

I wasn't at tonight's as I'm completely broke due to being offered a job, accepting it and then being told that they no longer want me 7 weeks later as they've implemented a freeze on new hires. I hate missing Champions League games :sadno:

I've heard from friends at the game though and from what they've told me and what I've read in the match reports it wasn't the friendliest atmosphere in the stadium.

1382478930-660.jpg

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck

Oh, I see...yea, Celtic games are usually pretty rough and personal for fans...why football has the craziest and best fans out there.

We generally get on pretty well with the opposition fans, unless they have some sort of connection with or affinity for Rangers.

I've been to games with Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Benfica, Rennes, Udinese etc. and the fans have been mingling together in the pubs and getting on fine. Hooliganism was (and still is to an exent) a problem in the Netherlands so Ajax didn't surprise me.

Brilliant performance by the Reds today. Sets up a big game with Arsenal next weekend. If Liverpool can walk into the Emirates and win it'll be huge.

Looked as if there was only 1 team on the pitch against West Brom. They were terrible. Reds looked great. You're gonna do well when you get 4 goals from your strikers. Back 3 looks a little sketchy, at times, but, infinitely better than last year's group. It'll be even better when Enrique gets back. Mignolet has been awesome, too. Still 3/4 of the year to go... Hope this carries on for a CL spot for next season.

I just want to know,

Has anyone seen the guys dressed in black cloaks with what looks like satanic writing on them, wearing masks that have been turning up all year at premiere league games and basically top tier games all season long?

I'll try to find a picture of them, its damned eerie

5lUhMEQ.jpgAs seen at the Chelsea vs Man City in the VIP section no less

And

CkZHPmx.png

Edited by Warhippy

I just want to know,

Has anyone seen the guys dressed in black cloaks with what looks like satanic writing on them, wearing masks that have been turning up all year at premiere league games and basically top tier games all season long?

I'll try to find a picture of them, its damned eerie

5lUhMEQ.jpgAs seen at the Chelsea vs Man City in the VIP section no less

And

CkZHPmx.png

No idea, there's a few guesses going around. Something about #WinnerTakesEarth. Their Twitter said there will be an announcement on November 1st.

No idea, there's a few guesses going around. Something about #WinnerTakesEarth. Their Twitter said there will be an announcement on November 1st.

Solid marketing scheme then, I keep seeing the camera pan in on these guys all over Europe and then in the Chelsea VIP box I was kinda confused

We generally get on pretty well with the opposition fans, unless they have some sort of connection with or affinity for Rangers.

I've been to games with Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Benfica, Rennes, Udinese etc. and the fans have been mingling together in the pubs and getting on fine. Hooliganism was (and still is to an exent) a problem in the Netherlands so Ajax didn't surprise me.

In addition, Ajax Hooligans are well known in Western Europe. When Ajax played in Dortmund last year, they destroyed one passenger car of the local metro and the police arrested like 50 of them. I don't really get it why they behave like this. Normally international games are really nice in tolerant countries, when you can visit a new city and drink beer with the locals. I don't know why you'd want to spoil this against a non-enemy-club (i could understand it against Twente Enschede, because they are befriended with Herne, but Ajax?)

Edited by DennisK-Meson

I had no idea this topic existed! Finally somewhere to talk about teams we're passionate about! As an Arsenal fan I can say I'm very happy we beat Liverpool, though I must say, if Liverpool had played with a back 4 instead of only 3 at the back, like they did in the 2nd half, it might of been a different game.