Sign in to follow this  
Scottish⑦Canuck

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I'm surprised that it took them this long.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47691296

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer appointed Manchester United manager

Unconfirmed reports say United gave Molde £500k out of goodwill. Also world that there will be a friendly between the 2 sides as well with proceeds going to them.

OGS, the baby faced assassin. All positive on the outside but fair when behind closed doors, with players and upper management. He told Woodward he expects business to be done this summer & to extend Phelan and the rest of the staff.

Exciting times are ahead...the United culture is back!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Unconfirmed reports say United gave Molde £500k out of goodwill. Also world that there will be a friendly between the 2 sides as well with proceeds going to them.

OGS, the baby faced assassin. All positive on the outside but fair when behind closed doors, with players and upper management. He told Woodward he expects business to be done this summer & to extend Phelan and the rest of the staff.

Exciting times are ahead...the United culture is back!

Glory Glory!

30 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Pozuelos debut was something else

Looks like a world class player for the MLS...

Find the highlights

I know what you are trying to say, but that is not the definition of World Class

20 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I know what you are trying to say, but that is not the definition of World Class

For the MLS though? lol

Lets be real about the standard for this league

He could play in any league and produce..so yes he's world class

11 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

For the MLS though? lol

If that is your definition of World Class then there are about 300 WC players in the world.

United make no sense. Should’ve been up 3, 4-0 but couldn’t finish...Lukaku should have had 2, Fred can’t control a pass without bobbling it, defence can’t run the ball out...McTominay and Dalot only ones who came out to make a difference.

48 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

United make no sense. Should’ve been up 3, 4-0 but couldn’t finish...Lukaku should have had 2, Fred can’t control a pass without bobbling it, defence can’t run the ball out...McTominay and Dalot only ones who came out to make a difference.

The race for third and fourth spot (and a place in the Championship League) between Arsenal, United,  Tottenham and Chelsea has gotten pretty interesting!

Gunners!!!

And speaking of which, Sports Illustrated has done a breakdown of each team's chances:

https://www.si.com/soccer/2019/04/02/premier-league-top-four-arsenal-man-united-tottenham-chelsea?utm_campaign=si-extra&utm_source=si.com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=2019040212PM&eminfo={"EMAIL"%3a"LvyFAxRXrYkvxcpwN%2biPS96HGpWbRE2a"%2c"BRAND"%3a"SI"%2c"CONTENT"%3a"Newsletter"%2c"UID"%3a"SI_EXT_621CA40A-744C-4C5E-B664-9B6CDA41E5AC"%2c"SUBID"%3a"98886429"%2c"JOBID"%3a"945558"%2c"NEWSLETTER"%3a"SI_EXTRA"%2c"ZIP"%3a""%2c"COUNTRY"%3a"CAN"}

Edited by UnkNuk

On 3/30/2019 at 2:46 AM, naslund.is.king said:

For the MLS though? lol

Maybe he's world class in an alternate universe, but he sure as hell isn't in this one. If he was he wouldn't be in the MLS. 

Giovinco was far closer to being world-class than Pozuelo has and ever will be.

Pozuelo has talent, creativity, et al.  But it has been 100% relative to the leagues he's been playing in.

Spurs open up their new stadium with a CL win over City...

Granted, it's only a 1-nil lead heading into the second leg and Lloris had to save a penalty at 0-0, but it's a positive start.:)

Ajax! Bloody fantastic!

Great football, young players and the underdog wins. Fantastic evening! (also, I do love me some sad Ronaldo :ph34r: )

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Lateralus91 said:

Ajax! Bloody fantastic!

Great football, young players and the underdog wins. Fantastic evening! (also, I do love me some sad Ronaldo :ph34r: )

As a fan of Dutch football, I endorse this sentiment. Especially at the expense of the Portuguese pretty boy...

• Hydration 1