The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

The Situation

You can't really compare CS to BF/COD since there completely different games even though they're both first person shooters. CS is famous for its simplicity and BF is famous for its complexity. I'm not even gonna both with COD.

But with that being said, hopefully the console version is dumbed down from the PC version. The game is meant for PC and nothing should be made worse on PC just to have the game "work" on consoles.

You can't really compare CS to BF/COD since there completely different games even though they're both first person shooters. CS is famous for its simplicity and BF is famous for its complexity. I'm not even gonna both with COD.

But with that being said, hopefully the console version is dumbed down from the PC version. The game is meant for PC and nothing should be made worse on PC just to have the game "work" on consoles.

The fan service probably won't get better than this. A pure reboot of the game with an extra secondary weapon. A CS fan's dream.

But I see some problems here, first being that it''s too late. It's been seven years since Source and they'll have to do some wicked marketing to get interest back into this game. Problem is, they're marketing the exact same game. Perfect for CS fans, terrible for casual gamers and those who were never fans in the first place. And when you look at CS fans, they're probably in their mid-20s. I'm not sure if the teenage market will be so quick to pick it up.

Truly fan service at its best, but I think it's gonna backfire on them. Or maybe I'm underestimating the video game culture. What do you folks think?

Archived