The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

The Situation

I'm also 27. I can still frag, but there is no way my reaction times and aim can compete with the kids playing these days. For me now it's more about playing smart angles and timing things well and using nades effectively, so in essence, experience. To be honest though, we never really ran strats at all with alotapus, haha. We'd played together for so long that we just kind of ran around shooting, but we'd know where and when to go just from having played for years.

Like I said, I scrim all the time with friends that I know in real life. We have a vent server of course, so add me on steam friends and we can scrim.

steam username: pookguy (don't ask, I was a kid when I made it)

For some reason, I have ESEA premium but I've never seen it show up on my credit card bill. I know a friend of mine paid for my premium once because he needed me to join his team so the team wouldn't be marked DEAD and they'd lose their ESEA-IM spot, haha. He's probably still paying for my premium since the subscription keeps going until you cancel it. The guys I play with are thinking about making a team for ESEA season 2 (for some stupid reason registration for season 1 was during CS:GO's beta, wtf?), and I might just join on as a spare.

It's not that I'm too old chronologically, GlassJaw, haha. I just don't put a priority on games, since for me, having to play scheduled matches and practice a little is just ridiculous. I don't have the motivation nor the time, lol. I just like to frag once in a while when I'm bored.

To be honest I only like playing with people I know, now. When alotapus died after CAL-Invite s13 and CEVO-main season 7 I completely quit source. I just picked up CS again because my friends decided to play.

Right on, man..I added you.

Had a couple GO scrims last night, I was pretty much .500 but was still bottom fragging, I am super slow at the new buy menu for some reason and it's definitely taking me time to get used to the game.

I am having a hard time with the CT/T skins, too...to ME they seem similar from a distance and always hesitate to shoot.

I've been playing CS since the CS 1.1 days. I played a little bit competitive when I was younger...I picked this up for PS3. Its fun, brings me back to the mid to early teen days. Though, I have noticed lots of hackers much like always.. The aimbot most specifically. (very easy to tell when someone is hacking..screen bounces and the spray hits very accurately). I am mostly just playing in public servers, not competitively.

I've been playing CS since the CS 1.1 days. I played a little bit competitive when I was younger...I picked this up for PS3. Its fun, brings me back to the mid to early teen days. Though, I have noticed lots of hackers much like always.. The aimbot most specifically. (very easy to tell when someone is hacking..screen bounces and the spray hits very accurately). I am mostly just playing in public servers, not competitively.

I know for a fact I will never ever play leagues again. I'll probably do some roster sitting though, haha, since for some odd reason I still have ESEA premium even though I don't pay for it. I've checked my credit card bills, it's not on there. Somewhere, someone is paying for my premium, or else the system is still giving it to me for some reason.

Anyways, Glassjaw, if you want to scrim, hit me up a PM with your steam info and I'll find you. We scrim pretty often during the week.

Cool, dude. I actually remember that team name, and after looking up your ID, I remember a few of the other teams you've played on as well.

I played for a few crappy teams, and then Apesmash (you might remember), and then alotapus/Doubletake/Seraphic (went through some different sponsors, lol) and that team ended up in invite. For some reason on legitproof it only shows the invite matches, and doesn't show the full history.

I don't play competitive anymore, and I won't ever again (too old for that, lol). These days I just scrim once in a while with a few friends IRL who also play.

I know for a fact I will never ever play leagues again. I'll probably do some roster sitting though, haha, since for some odd reason I still have ESEA premium even though I don't pay for it. I've checked my credit card bills, it's not on there. Somewhere, someone is paying for my premium, or else the system is still giving it to me for some reason.

Anyways, Glassjaw, if you want to scrim, hit me up a PM with your steam info and I'll find you. We scrim pretty often during the week.

Archived