The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

The Situation

I have no idea how you could play counterstrike without a mouse and keyboard.... lol

That being said, I don't know about the xbox version, but in the PC version those game modes are built in. You can search for casual, competitive, or mother game modes. However, the skill level in competitive modes is still pretty mediocre.

On the PC it's a lot easier I guess, since you can just browse for community servers (competitive deathmatches) and then scrim with your friends.

• 1 month later...

Is anybody a big computer gaming/perfomance guru?

I have a computer that has 12 gigs of RAM but sometimes when I play CS:GO (Which my computer blows the minimum requirements out of the water) it is super choppy, my fps is low and then magically after 10-15 minutes of playing it goes back to being smooth.

Trying to troubleshoot and can't seem to figure out what the problem is.

I have a computer that has 12 gigs of RAM but sometimes when I play CS:GO (Which my computer blows the minimum requirements out of the water) it is super choppy, my fps is low and then magically after 10-15 minutes of playing it goes back to being smooth.

Hey guys,

I did a reformat yesterday on my computer hoping it would help. But nothing changed at all.

I have installed the latest update for my video card and still nothing.

Jai - I don't think it did it with CSS, it didn't do it with BF3 so it could be game specific? I am re-installing source right now and going to jump into an ESEA server to check it out.

My comp specs are

Gateway FX-6801

Intel Core i7 (2.67 GHz)

12 GB Ram

Windows 7

NVidia GeForce GTX 285

Yeah, I suddenly got the crashing bug as well in GO.

I've changed some video settings and it seems to have helped. None of the other games I have cause me to crash.

I've done some reading on the steam forums and the settings that seem to be the culprit are:

Multi-core rendering: Turning this off apparently has worked wonders for a lot of people.

Global Shadows: Turning these to low have supposedly helped some people with the issues.

Give those settings a try, see if that helps. Do you notice that the issue is specifically when you're spectating? Because if so, you have the infamous spectator glitch that a ton of people have been getting in GO. It's game-related.

Yeah, I suddenly got the crashing bug as well in GO.

I've changed some video settings and it seems to have helped. None of the other games I have cause me to crash.

I've done some reading on the steam forums and the settings that seem to be the culprit are:

Multi-core rendering: Turning this off apparently has worked wonders for a lot of people.

Global Shadows: Turning these to low have supposedly helped some people with the issues.

Give those settings a try, see if that helps. Do you notice that the issue is specifically when you're spectating? Because if so, you have the infamous spectator glitch that a ton of people have been getting in GO. It's game-related.

Are these settings that can be changed in game? or Video card specific?

I'll stutter while playing and only for the first 10-15 (sometimes longer) then it will be super smooth.

I cancelled my ESEA subscription and haven't played for a few days because it's too frustrating starting a pug going 1-7 or something then playing catch up once my game is good again haha.

Archived