83 replies to this topic

#31 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,649 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

It sucks you can't be in party chat while you play it, and you have to listen to the other team talk as well. That killed it for me.

Zf3XIDB.png

Sig by: Samuel Påhlsson

#32 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,291 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

It sucks you can't be in party chat while you play it, and you have to listen to the other team talk as well. That killed it for me.

use mumble if you're playing with friends

or play competitive, not casual

or custom server

Edited by GLASSJAW, 26 August 2012 - 12:17 AM.

output_Pdq_B7_F.gif

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#33 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:25 AM

Grabbed it for the ps3!! Best 11.99 I ever spent. Brought back crazy memories. Thank you again valve!
Posted Image

#34 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,541 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

Just bit the bullet and order it, downloading now.
Used to play source competitively and might nerd out with GO, already found a team in RGA league to play with
/nerd
Posted Image
Thanks to JimLahey for the great Sig!
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#35 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:34 AM

Been playing it a lot the last few days. I used to play way too much CS, played competitive leagues etc.

I've gotten more used to it now compared to source and I like it. The things I griped about before I don't anymore.

By the way, those of you who don't know, you can turn off the tracers for both your own first person view, as well as the tracers of other players (though you should leave these on so you can see people through smoke).

The cvar is r_drawtracers_firstperson 0

That turns off the extremely annoying tracers, and should make aiming and controlling spray a lot easier.

Anybody playing in ESEA?

Those of you who played competitively in CAL and CEVO, which teams did you play for?

Edited by Jai604, 05 September 2012 - 02:38 AM.

RIP LB RR PD

#36 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,541 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

Been playing it a lot the last few days. I used to play way too much CS, played competitive leagues etc.

I've gotten more used to it now compared to source and I like it. The things I griped about before I don't anymore.

By the way, those of you who don't know, you can turn off the tracers for both your own first person view, as well as the tracers of other players (though you should leave these on so you can see people through smoke).

The cvar is r_drawtracers_firstperson 0

That turns off the extremely annoying tracers, and should make aiming and controlling spray a lot easier.

Anybody playing in ESEA?

Those of you who played competitively in CAL and CEVO, which teams did you play for?

I'm playing RGA for both Source and GO now...haven't played league in a very long time.
This is my STEAM ID 0:0:12438325
EDIT: casus.Belli (Various open seasons 5+ seasons of IM)
Team Vital (Main placement tourney/most season of Main)

Edited by diesel_3, 05 September 2012 - 09:55 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#37 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

I'm playing RGA for both Source and GO now...haven't played league in a very long time.
This is my STEAM ID 0:0:12438325
EDIT: casus.Belli (Various open seasons 5+ seasons of IM)
Team Vital (Main placement tourney/most season of Main)

Cool, dude. I actually remember that team name, and after looking up your ID, I remember a few of the other teams you've played on as well.

I played for a few crappy teams, and then Apesmash (you might remember), and then alotapus/Doubletake/Seraphic (went through some different sponsors, lol) and that team ended up in invite. For some reason on legitproof it only shows the invite matches, and doesn't show the full history.

I don't play competitive anymore, and I won't ever again (too old for that, lol). These days I just scrim once in a while with a few friends IRL who also play.

RIP LB RR PD

#38 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 13,291 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

How old are you? How can you be too old to play games competitively?

Sure, you won't be the best, but who cares? Still fun.

output_Pdq_B7_F.gif

#39 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,541 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

Cool, dude. I actually remember that team name, and after looking up your ID, I remember a few of the other teams you've played on as well.

I played for a few crappy teams, and then Apesmash (you might remember), and then alotapus/Doubletake/Seraphic (went through some different sponsors, lol) and that team ended up in invite. For some reason on legitproof it only shows the invite matches, and doesn't show the full history.

I don't play competitive anymore, and I won't ever again (too old for that, lol). These days I just scrim once in a while with a few friends IRL who also play.

Haha, I DO remember apesmash! That's so funny...I used to be casus.BELLI's forum whore and kept updating with all the teams/divisions and who was good/bad and whatnot so I learned a ton of teams names and players just through that.

You have steam friends? I'd scrim for fun!
I actually wouldn't mind getting back into playing league just as a spare, I SUCK at global offensive but it took me a few minutes to get back to being half decent in source, it's just too bad source is so dead but GO is actually bumping in the mirc channels...always people looking for ringers/scrims.

How old are you? How can you be too old to play games competitively?

Sure, you won't be the best, but who cares? Still fun.

Haha....I know man, i'm 27 and played competitively when I was like 19-24...Most of the time I was the youngest on the team! It's still so much fun (as long as there are no hot heads)

You play source, Glass? my buddy has a ventrilo server, it would be fun getting a scrim with some CDCers!
Posted Image
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#40 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

I'm also 27. I can still frag, but there is no way my reaction times and aim can compete with the kids playing these days. For me now it's more about playing smart angles and timing things well and using nades effectively, so in essence, experience. To be honest though, we never really ran strats at all with alotapus, haha. We'd played together for so long that we just kind of ran around shooting, but we'd know where and when to go just from having played for years.

Like I said, I scrim all the time with friends that I know in real life. We have a vent server of course, so add me on steam friends and we can scrim.

steam username: pookguy (don't ask, I was a kid when I made it)

For some reason, I have ESEA premium but I've never seen it show up on my credit card bill. I know a friend of mine paid for my premium once because he needed me to join his team so the team wouldn't be marked DEAD and they'd lose their ESEA-IM spot, haha. He's probably still paying for my premium since the subscription keeps going until you cancel it. The guys I play with are thinking about making a team for ESEA season 2 (for some stupid reason registration for season 1 was during CS:GO's beta, wtf?), and I might just join on as a spare.

It's not that I'm too old chronologically, GlassJaw, haha. I just don't put a priority on games, since for me, having to play scheduled matches and practice a little is just ridiculous. I don't have the motivation nor the time, lol. I just like to frag once in a while when I'm bored.

To be honest I only like playing with people I know, now. When alotapus died after CAL-Invite s13 and CEVO-main season 7 I completely quit source. I just picked up CS again because my friends decided to play.

RIP LB RR PD

#41 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,541 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

I'm also 27. I can still frag, but there is no way my reaction times and aim can compete with the kids playing these days. For me now it's more about playing smart angles and timing things well and using nades effectively, so in essence, experience. To be honest though, we never really ran strats at all with alotapus, haha. We'd played together for so long that we just kind of ran around shooting, but we'd know where and when to go just from having played for years.

Like I said, I scrim all the time with friends that I know in real life. We have a vent server of course, so add me on steam friends and we can scrim.

steam username: pookguy (don't ask, I was a kid when I made it)

For some reason, I have ESEA premium but I've never seen it show up on my credit card bill. I know a friend of mine paid for my premium once because he needed me to join his team so the team wouldn't be marked DEAD and they'd lose their ESEA-IM spot, haha. He's probably still paying for my premium since the subscription keeps going until you cancel it. The guys I play with are thinking about making a team for ESEA season 2 (for some stupid reason registration for season 1 was during CS:GO's beta, wtf?), and I might just join on as a spare.

It's not that I'm too old chronologically, GlassJaw, haha. I just don't put a priority on games, since for me, having to play scheduled matches and practice a little is just ridiculous. I don't have the motivation nor the time, lol. I just like to frag once in a while when I'm bored.

To be honest I only like playing with people I know, now. When alotapus died after CAL-Invite s13 and CEVO-main season 7 I completely quit source. I just picked up CS again because my friends decided to play.

Right on, man..I added you.
Had a couple GO scrims last night, I was pretty much .500 but was still bottom fragging, I am super slow at the new buy menu for some reason and it's definitely taking me time to get used to the game.

I am having a hard time with the CT/T skins, too...to ME they seem similar from a distance and always hesitate to shoot.
Posted Image
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#42 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:18 AM

Right on, man..I added you.
Had a couple GO scrims last night, I was pretty much .500 but was still bottom fragging, I am super slow at the new buy menu for some reason and it's definitely taking me time to get used to the game.

I am having a hard time with the CT/T skins, too...to ME they seem similar from a distance and always hesitate to shoot.

Hmmm, I didn't get the friend request, you must have added the wrong person.

Send me a PM with your info, we can try it that way.

RIP LB RR PD

#43 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

Lol you'll learn to shoot first ask later. As long as you're not using the awp you shouldn't kill them before you figure out who they are.
Posted Image

#44 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

Lol you'll learn to shoot first ask later. As long as you're not using the awp you shouldn't kill them before you figure out who they are.

That strategy might work in pubs but when you're blasting one of your 4 teammates in the back of the head in a match, it matters.

It'll just take time to get used to the skins. I also had a bit of trouble distinguishing between the models at first, but I don't have that issue anymore.

Edited by Jai604, 09 September 2012 - 08:30 PM.

RIP LB RR PD

#45 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,446 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

I used to play competitive 1.6
Might have to check this out...

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#46 Kyle0811

Kyle0811

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

I've been playing CS since the CS 1.1 days. I played a little bit competitive when I was younger...I picked this up for PS3. Its fun, brings me back to the mid to early teen days. Though, I have noticed lots of hackers much like always.. The aimbot most specifically. (very easy to tell when someone is hacking..screen bounces and the spray hits very accurately). I am mostly just playing in public servers, not competitively.
QUOTE (TheDominator)
Kyle. He's so hot right now. Kyle

#47 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

I've been playing CS since the CS 1.1 days. I played a little bit competitive when I was younger...I picked this up for PS3. Its fun, brings me back to the mid to early teen days. Though, I have noticed lots of hackers much like always.. The aimbot most specifically. (very easy to tell when someone is hacking..screen bounces and the spray hits very accurately). I am mostly just playing in public servers, not competitively.

People cheating on the PS3?

I play on the PC and I've only seen a couple of blatant cheaters. One guy was speedhacking around as well as aimbotting, and the other was aimbotting, but that's it, really.

Do people even hack on console games?

RIP LB RR PD

#48 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,451 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

People cheating on the PS3?

I play on the PC and I've only seen a couple of blatant cheaters. One guy was speedhacking around as well as aimbotting, and the other was aimbotting, but that's it, really.

Do people even hack on console games?

You clearly haven't played MW2 nowadays :P

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#49 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 13,291 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

You play source, Glass? my buddy has a ventrilo server, it would be fun getting a scrim with some CDCers!

Nah, I grew up playing games competitively, but never CS. Usually just the Quake games

I play GO a few times a week though. Thing about PC FPS games, the skill set generally translates from one game to the next, so I'm not bad at it, most of the time. And the complaints a lot of people have (i.e. hit registration and all that) doesn't really bother me, because I have no previous frame of reference.

Fun game though.

output_Pdq_B7_F.gif

#50 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Did some scrims with diesel_3 the other day, was fun.

I'm still rusty as hell though and horribad after not playing CS for so many years.

RIP LB RR PD

#51 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,541 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

Did some scrims with diesel_3 the other day, was fun.

I'm still rusty as hell though and horribad after not playing CS for so many years.

Dude,
You were solid! I was playing like crap that night, the team we were playing with picked me up as an alternate and it's pretty fun, slowly getting it back....I still chuckle thinking i'll be playing in a 'league' after a solid 3 years of not haha.
Posted Image
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#52 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 13,291 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

which league

output_Pdq_B7_F.gif

#53 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,541 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

which league

RGA, it's a very poor man's CAL lol.
Posted Image
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#54 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 13,291 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

wooord, when does that start?

output_Pdq_B7_F.gif

#55 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

I know for a fact I will never ever play leagues again. I'll probably do some roster sitting though, haha, since for some odd reason I still have ESEA premium even though I don't pay for it. I've checked my credit card bills, it's not on there. Somewhere, someone is paying for my premium, or else the system is still giving it to me for some reason.

Anyways, Glassjaw, if you want to scrim, hit me up a PM with your steam info and I'll find you. We scrim pretty often during the week.

RIP LB RR PD

#56 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

You guys ever remember a team named Terminus? 2 of my good friends ran it.. they were pretty damn good.

#57 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,541 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

I know for a fact I will never ever play leagues again. I'll probably do some roster sitting though, haha, since for some odd reason I still have ESEA premium even though I don't pay for it. I've checked my credit card bills, it's not on there. Somewhere, someone is paying for my premium, or else the system is still giving it to me for some reason.

Anyways, Glassjaw, if you want to scrim, hit me up a PM with your steam info and I'll find you. We scrim pretty often during the week.

Hey Jai,
The guys I play with all picked up ESEA and we find scrims on client with our 'scrim team' If you want, you can join up with us, the quality of scrims are way better and it's fun playing actual teams....Our scrim record is 0-4 hahaha.

All you have to do is just go to play now and find teams than find catch my fade, i'll hit you up on steam next time you are on with join PW if you are interested.
Posted Image
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#58 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:36 AM

You guys ever remember a team named Terminus? 2 of my good friends ran it.. they were pretty damn good.

I actually do remember Terminus. That was during my time in CAL. I don't exactly remember the names of the players but yes, I remember Terminus being a pretty good team. CAL-Main, if I remember correctly, right?

Edited by Jai604, 23 September 2012 - 06:40 AM.

RIP LB RR PD

#59 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

I actually do remember Terminus. That was during my time in CAL. I don't exactly remember the names of the players but yes, I remember Terminus being a pretty good team. CAL-Main, if I remember correctly, right?

Believe so. Palatro and Shaker (didn't really go by this name, but random names every game for some reason) were there best player. Mostly Palatro. Kid was gifted.

#60 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:14 AM

Playing this makes me wish day of defeat would go console. Also any word if valve will add maps for consoles? They forgot about a bunch of old classic maps. Havana is greatly missed.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.