83 replies to this topic

#61 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

Playing this makes me wish day of defeat would go console. Also any word if valve will add maps for consoles? They forgot about a bunch of old classic maps. Havana is greatly missed.

People actually played Havana? :huh:

A lot of the maps people played before have been ported over like mill, cbble, strike (de_mirage), contra, and updated version of nuke (de_nuke_ve). You can find them on gamebanana.

RIP LB RR PD

#62 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

People actually played Havana? :huh:

A lot of the maps people played before have been ported over like mill, cbble, strike (de_mirage), contra, and updated version of nuke (de_nuke_ve). You can find them on gamebanana.

How could I forget cbble and strike! Also are these ported to ps3? Having a hell of a time navigating the site
Posted Image

#63 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

I put in my time when i was in high school. Back in 03 ect... Those days where a blast... Then 1.6 came out :( 1.5 For life :)
Posted Image

#64 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

How could I forget cbble and strike! Also are these ported to ps3? Having a hell of a time navigating the site

Question is, does it have Siege and oilrig. Some of the first maps...
Posted Image

#65 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

Question is, does it have Siege and oilrig. Some of the first maps...

Haha, the assassination game modes haven't been around for a long time now. Not since 1.6 have there been as_ maps, neither Source nor GO have it.

RIP LB RR PD

#66 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:41 AM

I've got it for xbox now, anyone know of a way to join competitive matches. I used to be big on source in 06/07, pub scrubs get tiresome. Looking for the Cal-O comparative I guess.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#67 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:44 AM

I've got it for xbox now, anyone know of a way to join competitive matches. I used to be big on source in 06/07, pub scrubs get tiresome. Looking for the Cal-O comparative I guess.

I have no idea how you could play counterstrike without a mouse and keyboard.... lol

That being said, I don't know about the xbox version, but in the PC version those game modes are built in. You can search for casual, competitive, or mother game modes. However, the skill level in competitive modes is still pretty mediocre.

On the PC it's a lot easier I guess, since you can just browse for community servers (competitive deathmatches) and then scrim with your friends.

RIP LB RR PD

#68 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:49 AM

I have no idea how you could play counterstrike without a mouse and keyboard.... lol

That being said, I don't know about the xbox version, but in the PC version those game modes are built in. You can search for casual, competitive, or mother game modes. However, the skill level in competitive modes is still pretty mediocre.

On the PC it's a lot easier I guess, since you can just browse for community servers (competitive deathmatches) and then scrim with your friends.

Ya, I'm looking to scrim or play against set teams. mIRC was great for that back in the day, I'm just wondering if there is any substitute for Xbox.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#69 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:20 AM

Ya, I'm looking to scrim or play against set teams. mIRC was great for that back in the day, I'm just wondering if there is any substitute for Xbox.

I doubt it.

On PC, people still use IRC to find scrims, or just use ESEA. I can't imagine playing CS on a console, why'd you switch? Don't have a rig to play CS with?

RIP LB RR PD

#70 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

Anybody watch the recent pro tournaments? Dreamhack? ESWC?

Don't think anyone can beat NiP right now.

RIP LB RR PD

#71 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,481 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

Is anybody a big computer gaming/perfomance guru?
I have a computer that has 12 gigs of RAM but sometimes when I play CS:GO (Which my computer blows the minimum requirements out of the water) it is super choppy, my fps is low and then magically after 10-15 minutes of playing it goes back to being smooth.

Trying to troubleshoot and can't seem to figure out what the problem is.
Posted Image
Thanks to JimLahey for the great Sig!
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#72 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

I have a computer that has 12 gigs of RAM but sometimes when I play CS:GO (Which my computer blows the minimum requirements out of the water) it is super choppy, my fps is low and then magically after 10-15 minutes of playing it goes back to being smooth.

Sounds like a memory leak in the game.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#73 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

That doesn't sound like a problem with your RAM, tbh.

Post your specs? Hard to help you if we don't know what kind of computer you've got. Does this happen in other games?

RIP LB RR PD

#74 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

That doesn't sound like a problem with your RAM, tbh.

Post your specs? Hard to help you if we don't know what kind of computer you've got. Does this happen in other games?

It sounds exactly like a memory leak.
The only other thing I could think of is a poorly scheduled update. (But this is apparently happening consistently so I doubt it).
Do a virus scan and a spyware scan. I doubt it will help, but there's a small chance you've got some malware interfering with your computers performance.
Since it happens regularly though I am sure it's a memory leak.
Update your video card too.
Did a quick google search.
http://forums.macrum...d.php?t=1394496

Edited by Stefan, 15 November 2012 - 01:21 PM.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#75 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,481 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

Hey guys,
I did a reformat yesterday on my computer hoping it would help. But nothing changed at all.
I have installed the latest update for my video card and still nothing.

Jai - I don't think it did it with CSS, it didn't do it with BF3 so it could be game specific? I am re-installing source right now and going to jump into an ESEA server to check it out.

My comp specs are

Gateway FX-6801
Intel Core i7 (2.67 GHz)
12 GB Ram
Windows 7
NVidia GeForce GTX 285
Posted Image
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#76 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,481 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Just played source and it was fine, must be game specific then?
Posted Image
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#77 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, I suddenly got the crashing bug as well in GO.

I've changed some video settings and it seems to have helped. None of the other games I have cause me to crash.

I've done some reading on the steam forums and the settings that seem to be the culprit are:

Multi-core rendering: Turning this off apparently has worked wonders for a lot of people.

Global Shadows: Turning these to low have supposedly helped some people with the issues.

Give those settings a try, see if that helps. Do you notice that the issue is specifically when you're spectating? Because if so, you have the infamous spectator glitch that a ton of people have been getting in GO. It's game-related.

RIP LB RR PD

#78 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

I still can't believe there is no new maps announced for consoles! I have finished all my map accomplishments and want new ones. I posted this in the steam forums since valve doesn't have forums of their own and it turned into a pc fanboy flame off.
Posted Image

#79 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,481 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

Yeah, I suddenly got the crashing bug as well in GO.

I've changed some video settings and it seems to have helped. None of the other games I have cause me to crash.

I've done some reading on the steam forums and the settings that seem to be the culprit are:

Multi-core rendering: Turning this off apparently has worked wonders for a lot of people.

Global Shadows: Turning these to low have supposedly helped some people with the issues.

Give those settings a try, see if that helps. Do you notice that the issue is specifically when you're spectating? Because if so, you have the infamous spectator glitch that a ton of people have been getting in GO. It's game-related.

Are these settings that can be changed in game? or Video card specific?
I'll stutter while playing and only for the first 10-15 (sometimes longer) then it will be super smooth.
I cancelled my ESEA subscription and haven't played for a few days because it's too frustrating starting a pug going 1-7 or something then playing catch up once my game is good again haha.
Posted Image
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#80 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

Are these settings that can be changed in game? or Video card specific?
I'll stutter while playing and only for the first 10-15 (sometimes longer) then it will be super smooth.
I cancelled my ESEA subscription and haven't played for a few days because it's too frustrating starting a pug going 1-7 or something then playing catch up once my game is good again haha.

Those are settings you just change in the Video Settings menu under "Advanced". Nothing to do with vid card settings.

RIP LB RR PD

#81 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,481 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

The problem was solved from a Steam support admin, wrote in with my problem a couple weeks ago and finally heard back a few days ago.

I had to delete all the game file content from the steam folder except my steamapps folder, leaving the steam.exe file in there, reboot my computer then run the game through the steam.exe icon which I had left there. Worked like a hot damn, haven't had any issues yet.

Oh, except the issue of my crappy RWS in ESEA because players are way better than me, that I have to fix on my own LOL.
Posted Image
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#82 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,422 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hey guys,
I did a reformat yesterday on my computer hoping it would help. But nothing changed at all.
I have installed the latest update for my video card and still nothing.

Jai - I don't think it did it with CSS, it didn't do it with BF3 so it could be game specific? I am re-installing source right now and going to jump into an ESEA server to check it out.

My comp specs are

Gateway FX-6801
Intel Core i7 (2.67 GHz)
12 GB Ram
Windows 7
NVidia GeForce GTX 285

On a note ram doesn't do much in terms of gaming performance, in fact the game does not even utilize more then 4 gb perhaps only 2. The reason you might be experiencing choppy performance is your video card and possibly your processor.

http://www.videocard...h_end_gpus.html Have a look at these benchmarks your card is quite old, it falls well bellow many cards.

Video card and the processor are the most important things for gaming performance. Ram doesn't really matter as long as you have 4.

Edited by Sanford, 30 November 2012 - 07:09 PM.

Posted Image

#83 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,481 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Playing CSGO with Jai604 last night was the best night of my life.
Posted Image
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#84 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

Playing CSGO with Jai604 last night was the best night of my life.

LOL

Good times.

By the way, a quick tip, if you turn up "digital vibrance" (essentially colour saturation) on your nVidia card settings (desktop colour management) it makes things a LOT easier to see. I've been using this for quite some time now, and I would highly suggest it. CS:GO's colours are really washed out, making things hard to see.

Edited by Jai604, 24 February 2013 - 11:27 PM.

RIP LB RR PD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.