Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bilbro Baggins

Best Resteraunts in Vancouver?

69 posts in this topic

I've been watching a lot of Man v. Food recently, and it's got me thinking... What are some really good restaurants in Vancouver? I mean reasonably priced, not any overly expensive, fancy, reservations restaurants.

Wetcoaster in 3... 2... 1...

If you were watching Man v Food, maybe you are looking for the kind of restaurant with eating challenges as well? I'd love to hear if there are any local.

Cactus Club. Food is ok, overpriced but the scenery is worth every dime

White Spot. Solid place. Love their Pulled Pork Sandwich!

If you like Greek you can't go wrong with Stepho's on Daive street. Usually a line up but the chicken souvlaki and roasted potatoes are amasing, decent prices too.

Cactus Club. Food is ok, overpriced but the scenery is worth every dime

Zefferreli's on Robson.

My buddy is from Sicily and lived in Rome for years. I took him there, and he asked the manager to come over. I'm like "uh oh". The manager comes over and he says to her it's the best pasta he's had outside of Italy! Now that's a compliment! About $20 per plate. But it's worth every penny.

http://www.zefferellis.com/

ahaha if there were any places with eating challenges in Vancouver i'd be over there in a heartbeat! :lol:

their blackened creole chicken is hands down the best thing ive ever eaten. that said i consider it a chain not really a place u need to make reservations at

God you guys like bad restaurants...seriously, Cactus Club? It's terrible, along with all the other chain restaurants. The best restaurants in the city imo would be...

Cibo, amazing food amazing Chef. Everything is local, seasonal and done right. You're not going to find amazing plating here but you will find mazing food. By far my favourite restaurant in the city. If you go get the bone marrow.

LaQuercia, another great restaurant. They offer a constantly changing menu and offer family style dining. Just let the kitchen cook for you and you won't be disappointed.

Hawksworth Restaurant. If you like pretty plates of the restaurants I like Hawksworth definitely has the prettiest plating. A lot of fusion which I'm normally not a fan of but I have to admit his food is good. Have the short ribs.

Maenam, if you like thai you'll love Maenam. Here you'll find modernized thai food. Gone is the sloppy decor and poor plating and in comes a nice trendy little restaurant. Have the red curry duck and hot and sour soup.

Earls. Ribs and chicken one of the best meals I've ever had. I know people think Earls isn't all that good but try the Ribs and Chicken. Otherwise Tuna club sandwich at Joey's

Eddy's Pink Peppercorn Seafood House.... one of the successor of the Cannery :towel:

Ensemble is owned and operated by the winner of Top Chef Canada Dale MacKay. Haven't tried it yet but heard its pretty good.

why do people keep saying earls, cactus club, joey's.. you dont need reservations for them not even on game days. plus they are chains

I'm not a fan of Cactus Club, but they're fancy salad (can't recall then name...the most expensive one) is really good.

Nick's Spaghetti House on Commercial is excellent home cooked Italian.

The Irish Heather/Shebeen in Gastown. Best Irish house, flooring from the Guinness Brewery and the best Scotch list in Vancouver. Food's ok, nothing to get excited about.

Gotta agree with Wetcoaster's assessment....in particular Memphis Blues....try the Beef Brisket, but don't come too late or it will all be gone (they start cooking it in the morning and once they're out, there's no more until the next day).

Cactus Club is the most overrated and overpriced chain in town. 10-15 years ago they were where the kids ate and they catered to that crowd. Then they redid all their interiors and raised the bar a lot in atmosphere and service but its still the same old crapty food but at inflated prices. If you really want a chain restaurant go to the Keg for the same money and get a decent meal out of it.

Also avoid Olive Garden like the plague. They even make their salads bad for you. Where else can a simple plate dish run over 3000 calories and 80 grams of fat. NOTHING on their menu is healthy. NOTHING. Their "heart healthy" meals are not healthy, just slightly less unhealthy than their usual stuff. Go to their website. Read the nutritional information page and gasp in awe at the massive numbers in the calories, fat and sodium columns. Itll hurt your heart just reading it.