The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best Resteraunts in Vancouver?

Bilbro Baggins

I'd like to add my 2 cents here with a good affordable fusion sushi restaurant.

Sushiyama

It's located on broadway just before main st, heading west.

For the quality of food and the price you pay, I don't think there's a better sushi place. It's not a quantity over quality place.

I used to think Sushi Garden was the bomb till I found this place and now sushi garden tastes like garbage!

Try their monkey roll and sushi pizza (bizzare I know, but addictive!)

It was probably Samurai Sushi. Definitely a quantity over quality place. Like you said, the sushi isn't bad but if you're looking for some place cheap that will fill you up then its a good place to go.

memphis blues sucks the sauce is crap, the seasoning on the meats is mediocre at best and the meats are so overcooked they turn to mush. i hear all the time omg memphis blues is so good and its the pinnacle of bad bbq. the thing is there are NO good bbq restaurants in vancouver; the only reason you think its good is because you haven't had real bbq. you would think someone would come out with some REAL bbq but no. everything is sushi crap nowadays.

gotta make your own ribs, brisket etc if you want good bbq in vancouver. or find one of those bbq food trucks some of them are pretty good; i can't recall their name though.

Guest Voucer

+1 for Memphis Blue being sub-par, but also for being about as good as it gets {mostly by default} for Southern BBQ in Vancouver. On top of their food court quality food they're expensive for what you get and I find the staff is usually full of attitude. If you want decent BBQ anywhere in this region you pretty much have to go to Seattle.

Actually, that also goes for Mexican, Caribbean Central and South American, Soul, and basically any other type of cuisine that's not Asian, Seafood, West Coast or high end designer.

I found I can make better dishes at home than what most of the restaurants here call their specialty, with the above exceptions, and I'm not exactly a trained chef. It shouldn't be like that, the Lower Mainland really needs to improve its dining!

+1 for Memphis Blue being sub-par, but also for being about as good as it gets {mostly by default} for Southern BBQ in Vancouver. On top of their food court quality food they're expensive for what you get and I find the staff is usually full of attitude. If you want decent BBQ anywhere in this region you pretty much have to go to Seattle.

Actually, that also goes for Mexican, Caribbean Central and South American, Soul, and basically any other type of cuisine that's not Asian, Seafood, West Coast or high end designer.

I found I can make better dishes at home than what most of the restaurants here call their specialty, with the above exceptions, and I'm not exactly a trained chef. It shouldn't be like that, the Lower Mainland really needs to improve its dining!

Reading this thread made my hungry, even at 10:30pm, and reminded me that I haven't been to Gyoza King in awhile and should go about fixing that. Gyoza King is one my favorites downtown, with my usual items being the Ebi Mayo and Chicken Teryaki Udon. I also really like the Oyster Katsu and they have tasty yakiudon choices.

I saw The Peartree mentioned...I've had the Lobster Cappuccino, it's exceptional...and very different. The chocolate ganache is still one of the best desserts I've ever had. As for mains, the chicken breast is great, but I'm giving a slight edge to the ribeye.

In terms of chain restaurants, I've always liked the burgers at Red Robin. Both the 5 Alarm Burger and Blackened Chicken Burger are very tasty. Also, since it's not trying to double as burlesque house, the service is generally solid.

Archived