The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

League of Legends

StealthCanuck.

Nice nice, I hope most people here are level 30's though :P If we have a solid team, we should try some ranked 5 vs 5 games. I've only played 6 ranked games so far: 4-2 so far, and have 400+ normal wins under my belt.

I can pretty much play anything the team needs except jungler (don't like it).

I main Garen, Caitlyn, Morgana. But also have a lot of other champs I'm fairly good at. This list is only for the champs that I own:

Ranged carry: Caitlyn, Ashe

AD Tanky DPS: Garen, Wukong

AD Assassin: Talon

Tank: Alistair, Singed, Malphite, Amumu

AP: Morgana (I don't really play her as a support), Fiddlesticks

Support: Alistair, Kayle

Champs that I don't own but fairly good at: Karthus, Cho'gath, Anivia, Xin Zhao, Corki, Lee sin, Malzahar, Blitzcrank

Edit: username: StealthCanuck

try out a few different champions to see what style you like, and which ones you like. The free ones rotate from week to week so you have plenty of opportunities to try before you buy lol.

if you aren't comfortable playing vs other ppl (LoL community can be pretty harsh on the best of days) you can always play vs the computer until you get proficient. That being said, I wouldn't neglect pvp for too long.

If you need help, you can look up various guides on mobafire.com on how to build your champion of choice, and they usually give some good tips on how to play the champ as well.

More than anything, it's getting comfortable with what kind of role you like to play and which champion you like to play.

When starting, There are 3 lanes, Top Mid and Bot (bottom). Mid is usually soloed, and exp for your champ is split between how many allies you have in your lane. Usually it goes 2 top, 1 mid, 2 bot. Sometimes you get people that like to 'jungle', but that's for later on. For now, play the tutorial and learn the basic mechanics, but most of all have fun.

try out a few different champions to see what style you like, and which ones you like. The free ones rotate from week to week so you have plenty of opportunities to try before you buy lol.

if you aren't comfortable playing vs other ppl (LoL community can be pretty harsh on the best of days) you can always play vs the computer until you get proficient. That being said, I wouldn't neglect pvp for too long.

If you need help, you can look up various guides on mobafire.com on how to build your champion of choice, and they usually give some good tips on how to play the champ as well.

More than anything, it's getting comfortable with what kind of role you like to play and which champion you like to play.

When starting, There are 3 lanes, Top Mid and Bot (bottom). Mid is usually soloed, and exp for your champ is split between how many allies you have in your lane. Usually it goes 2 top, 1 mid, 2 bot. Sometimes you get people that like to 'jungle', but that's for later on. For now, play the tutorial and learn the basic mechanics, but most of all have fun.

Thanks a lot man. I haven't played many RTS games except for Age of Empires so i'll be sure to start off offline to get the hang of it.

Downloading the game now. Any tips for a beginner?

Don't auto attack creeps. Always go for the last hit on creeps.

Always be aware of the minimap. If one or more enemy is mia, play with a lot of care.

Wards! Gives you map control. Limits ganks against you.

If you're really unsure on how to build your champ. You can go to mobafire.com or even http://www.solomid.net/guides.php.

Try to be efficient with at least three or more champs. 'Cus when you play ranked, there's a chance that your main champ(s) will get banned.

That's all I got for now... Not very good at giving out tips... :(

Don't auto attack creeps. Always go for the last hit on creeps.

Always be aware of the minimap. If one or more enemy is mia, play with a lot of care.

Wards! Gives you map control. Limits ganks against you.

If you're really unsure on how to build your champ. You can go to mobafire.com or even http://www.solomid.net/guides.php.

Try to be efficient with at least three or more champs. 'Cus when you play ranked, there's a chance that your main champ(s) will get banned.

That's all I got for now... Not very good at giving out tips... :(

Thanks.

Oh, and maybe try out the "recommended" champions first just to get a hang of how things work. I would recommend picking one champion that you like playing with and try to get better with them first, then move on to trying all the champions to get a "feel" of them and how to counter them. I would say Ashe, Master Yi, and Ryze are the easist champions to learn the game. Ryze was my first ever champ :P

Oh, and maybe try out the "recommended" champions first just to get a hang of how things work. I would recommend picking one champion that you like playing with and try to get better with them first, then move on to trying all the champions to get a "feel" of them and how to counter them. I would say Ashe, Master Yi, and Ryze are the easist champions to learn the game. Ryze was my first ever champ :P

Master Right Click

Horribad. :P I'm not at that skill level yet. I think their team was all 30s? :emot-parrot: 10 levels above me + more experience

No worries. Sometimes it's not about skill lvl, and experience, it's about runes. I've played with a lot of idiotic lvl 30's, and the only reason they did well in the game is because they had all the runes, and masteries.

Archived