The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

League of Legends

StealthCanuck.

I'm trying to look for champions similar to ashe but more suitable in high levels.

Nothing out there that's really similar to Ashe due to her perma-slow. As long as you can keep positioning, Ashe isn't too horrible. The main problem is that she has no escape except for the use of summoners. Try Tristana, Caitlyn or Miss Fortune. Those are most similar to Ashe imo.

Perma-slow? That means slow right? Can't I just exhaust them then run away, or get really good boots. Thats what I do now, and it works.

Perma-slow = her slow, yeah. And when you use Exhaust to run away, that's what I mean by using your summoners (like Flash, Ghost, etc.). A lot of AD champs have skills that positions them away from their starting point (Graves' E (dash), Tristana's jump, Caitlyn's net, etc.) which gives them an escape on a much lower cooldown. Some of these skills allow them to hop over ledges/walls, so it acts like a second Flash. You could have been using that Exhaust that you burned 60s ago to pick up a kill, but it's on cooldown.

Perma-slow? That means slow right? Can't I just exhaust them then run away, or get really good boots. Thats what I do now, and it works.

Exhaust can be countered with cleanse, which is what most AD carries carry now a days. Ashe's Q is amazing for kiting the enemy team, and to limit the enemy from escaping.

I personally think Ashe is a very strong pick in a pre-made team, because you can utilize her ult and Q to decimate the enemy. While it's very hard to rely on your teammates in solo-queue, which is why I think she's not as viable as other AD champions...

I think you should try out Graves. He's probably the strongest AD carry at the moment. He's amazingly tanky, and deals a s*** load of damage.

Edit: Krazz plays a very good Graves... Just thought I'd let you know... :P

Graves gets banned a lot though.. I like Sivir, she doesn't have a escape ability, but her spell shield can save your life. It looks like the new champion coming out (Sejuana or something) will have an Ashe-like slow, but for a passive. It's pretty weak at 10% until you use one of her abilities.

Graves gets banned a lot though.. I like Sivir, she doesn't have a escape ability, but her spell shield can save your life. It looks like the new champion coming out (Sejuana or something) will have an Ashe-like slow, but for a passive. It's pretty weak at 10% until you use one of her abilities.

IMO, the AD selection goes down the list of

Graves/Vayne

Cait/Sivir

Chaox plays a pretty sick Sivir (unstoppable combo when laning with Taric).

I think Sejuani is going to be a tank-like version of Ashe, which makes me ask Riot:

Y NO MORE SUPPORTS?

IMO, the AD selection goes down the list of

Graves/Vayne

Cait/Sivir

Chaox plays a pretty sick Sivir (unstoppable combo when laning with Taric).

I think Sejuani is going to be a tank-like version of Ashe, which makes me ask Riot:

Y NO MORE SUPPORTS?

<3 Chaox. Imo, best AD player in League right now. :P

Sejuani seems like a very interesting champ... Not sure if I should buy her though, because a lot of the champions that Riot have released recently have sucked imo... Only exception being Ahri (possibly my favorite champion of all time :P)

Read a riot post saying that their favorite support champion is Janna, and they want to create more champions like her. So I'd imagine it being hard to come up with an original champion like Janna.

Usually supports aren't that fun to play, you don't farm and you don't kill anybody. The probably think that people have to hear about amazing new champs that you can destroy with. Supports are like goalies, nobody wants to play them, but everybody has respect for those who do.

I personally like playing supports most of the time because when I do, I'm normally just lazy to farm and worry about myself and try and carry the team.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up to everyone: There's a 5v5 LoL tournament. Pasted the info below for those too lazy to click links.

TNP Gaming has been around for over 6 years and to kick off our re-launch, we will be hosting the League of Legends Cup.

The LoL Cup is one of the 'Big 4' tournaments TNP will be hosting annually for cash. It is a 5v5 tournament for teams who are looking to gain some valuable experience and earn some quick cash along the way. Depending on the tournament's success we will be raising prize money accordingly.

ENTRY IS FREE

General Info

Prize: $25 ($5 a player)

Start Date: February 12th. 2012

End Date: Feb. 28th, 2012

Game Mode: Classic

Map: Summoner's Rift

Game Times: 9 PM EST Monday - Thursday

Season Starts: Feb. 13th, 2012

Season Ends Feb 22nd, 2012

Playoffs Start: Feb 24th, 2012

Playoffs End: Feb. 28th, 2012

For more details such as requirements, game setup, registrations etc. please visit our website and check the forums.

Direct Link to LoL Cup: http://tnpgaming.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=26

^ Do you buy all the new champs that come out? :emot-parrot:

Haha. I wish! I just buy the ones that really interests me (Mostly AP carries).

The champs that I've bought on release are: Ziggs, Ahri, Xerath, and Shyvana... Not many :P

BTW... We should duo-ranked when I get my computer fixed :P Would be... interesting... lol

Archived