Here is a clutch baron steal I had in ranked games before the reset with Ezreal

#212 Kass

Kass

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

I am currently streaming some league of legends I also have a new overlay I made for it come check it out @
http://www.twitch.tv/kilzedtv

#213 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Here is a clutch baron steal I had in ranked games before the reset with Ezreal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP5fpcKhVHA

enemy team so bad....

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#214 Kass

Kass

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

I made a over edit montage of a really bad play in a game that I was in last night come check it out

http://www.reddit.co...s_montage_over/

#215 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

I made a over edit montage of a really bad play in a game that I was in last night come check it out

http://www.reddit.co...s_montage_over/

The editing was well done, but there was way too much of it. I'd rather just see raw gameplay. Just my opinion tho. :P

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#216 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Gold 2 baby

If anyone wants to ranked, add me up!

theDanu

No newbies though pl0x

Posted Image

#217 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,292 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

dota 2 > LoL

output_Pdq_B7_F.gif

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#218 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

And yet League of Legends has 5 million concurrent players daily

http://www.riotgames...summit-new-peak

Edited by (>o.o)>, 24 March 2013 - 11:44 PM.

#219 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,292 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

There's no accounting for taste, or lack of it. Some people just prefer a watered down product

output_Pdq_B7_F.gif

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#220 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:39 AM

Quick question. Have you ever even tried League of Legends?

#221 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

There's no accounting for taste, or lack of it. Some people just prefer a watered down product

Or, millions of people prefer to play a game where it's simple to understand and fun to play? Yes, League of Legends is pretty much a carbon copy of Dota2, but at the same time, people who play LoL are either players who have played Dota2 before, play LoL because it's a lot easier to learn and play, and it's also more fun to play than Dota2.

#222 Rhinogator

Rhinogator

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

dota 2 > LoL

I went from Dota 2 to LOL. Its all personal taste, and dependant on what you or your friend plays. Most of my friends and people I know play lol due to the fact that Dota 2 is still unreleased officially and they have been playing league for a while now. So the few of us moved on from dota 2 to join them. Having played both games I would say one is better than another.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#223 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Or, millions of people prefer to play a game where it's simple to understand and fun to play? Yes, League of Legends is pretty much a carbon copy of Dota2, but at the same time, people who play LoL are either players who have played Dota2 before, play LoL because it's a lot easier to learn and play, and it's also more fun to play than Dota2.

The two play very differently.

Edited by (>o.o)>, 25 March 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#224 Spyrocks

Spyrocks

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

I just downloaded this this week. So late to the party. I played a lot of DOTA back in warcraft 3 but just never got into any of the new games that came out and only got LoL cause I had nothing else to play ATM. Its smooth and just what I remember the original DOTA being.

I love looking at characters in LoL and then instantly knowing what character he was in Warcraft. Super easy to get into. Just have to figure out how the runes and meni stuff work now. Any suggestions?

#225 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

I just downloaded this this week. So late to the party. I played a lot of DOTA back in warcraft 3 but just never got into any of the new games that came out and only got LoL cause I had nothing else to play ATM. Its smooth and just what I remember the original DOTA being.

I love looking at characters in LoL and then instantly knowing what character he was in Warcraft. Super easy to get into. Just have to figure out how the runes and meni stuff work now. Any suggestions?

Do not buy any runes until you're at least level 20. Any runes below tier III are garbage, and a waste of IP. You can look up mastery guides online like lolpro.com. Or you can choose the mastery that fits your needs best.

The current meta is one top, one mid, one jungle, adc bot, with support. But since you've just started, I wouldn't worry about it till level 20ish.

Be warned that you will run into a crap load of smurfs.

#226 Spyrocks

Spyrocks

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

Do not buy any runes until you're at least level 20. Any runes below tier III are garbage, and a waste of IP. You can look up mastery guides online like lolpro.com.Or you can choose the mastery that fits your needs best.

The current meta is one top, one mid, one jungle, adc bot, with support. But since you've just started, I wouldn't worry about it till level 20ish.

Be warned that you will run into a crap load of smurfs.

Ah good thing I didn't buy any yesterday, I was looking at them for awhile. It is pretty easy to get into if you have played a ton of DOTA. So many acronyms to learn if you haven;t played before.

#227 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

Ah good thing I didn't buy any yesterday, I was looking at them for awhile. It is pretty easy to get into if you have played a ton of DOTA. So many acronyms to learn if you haven;t played before.

haha Yeah, I didn't bother explaining the acronyms as I assumed you understood them with your DOTA experience :P

#228 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

For me, I saved up all my IP up until lvl 20.. I had close to 40,000 IP I think by the time I was level 20... But then I didn't buy any champions because I was playing on Mac before and then they cancelled it so I got a bunch of champs for free.

#229 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

I hope they nerf Zac, that toss thing and jump around is ridiculous. Not only are you airborne but you can't target him for like 3 seconds.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#230 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

I hope they nerf Zac, that toss thing and jump around is ridiculous. Not only are you airborne but you can't target him for like 3 seconds.

At least he doesn't dish out a lot of damage... But yeah annoying as hell.

#231 Spyrocks

Spyrocks

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

After getting in a bunch of games now, I am surprised how balanced most of the heroes are. Gone are the late game heroes who would suck at the start then just get super OP at the end and gone are the early game heroes that if the game went to long were completely useless at the end from DOTA.

It seems that every hero can be pretty great and it relies more on the player than on the heroes skills. I like that.

Granted, it could be that I am pretty low level to start and so are most of the people in my games. Also LoL seems to be a lot more forgiving than Dota was. No losing money when killed and no tower or creep denies.

Edited by Spyrocks, 12 April 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#232 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

After getting in a bunch of games now, I am surprised how balanced most of the heroes are. Gone are the late game heroes who would suck at the start then just get super OP at the end and gone are the early game heroes that if the game went to long were completely useless at the end from DOTA.

It seems that every hero can be pretty great and it relies more on the player than on the heroes skills. I like that.

Granted, it could be that I am pretty low level to start and so are most of the people in my games. Also LoL seems to be a lot more forgiving than Dota was. No losing money when killed and no tower or creep denies.

There are still some champions that dominate early game like Kha Zix or Rengar but as long as they're not extremely fed like 6-0, then you have no problem against them late game.. Whereas late game champs like a Shen or Singed, if you play against them correctly, they won't do anything late game. It really depends on the player's skills whether or not they have the intelligence to not be super stupid and feed like crazy or do nothing in lane.

Yeah, LoL is like the nicer version of DotA and is just easier to learn/play, which is why it's continuously growing

#233 Spyrocks

Spyrocks

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

There are still some champions that dominate early game like Kha Zix or Rengar but as long as they're not extremely fed like 6-0, then you have no problem against them late game.. Whereas late game champs like a Shen or Singed, if you play against them correctly, they won't do anything late game. It really depends on the player's skills whether or not they have the intelligence to not be super stupid and feed like crazy or do nothing in lane.

Yeah, LoL is like the nicer version of DotA and is just easier to learn/play, which is why it's continuously growing

Ya they are still there but the gap between them is a lot less noticaeable. Making for better games and teams that use a variety of heroes rather than everyone clamoring for the same character.

#234 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

I'll put the question out there to you guys - I have 6700 ip and I'm looking to get an expensive new champion. In terms of position I currently have:

Mid: Brand, Zed
Top: Singed, Zed, Garen
Support: Soraka, Taric, Kayle
ADC: Graves, Corki
Jungle: Voli, Kayle, Amumu, Warwick

I usually main jungle, with Zed or Voli. I'm thinking I need some beef, either a fighter or mid caster. Thoughts?

2d7ye0p.jpg

#235 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

I'll put the question out there to you guys - I have 6700 ip and I'm looking to get an expensive new champion. In terms of position I currently have:

Mid: Brand, Zed
Top: Singed, Zed, Garen
Support: Soraka, Taric, Kayle
ADC: Graves, Corki
Jungle: Voli, Kayle, Amumu, Warwick

I usually main jungle, with Zed or Voli. I'm thinking I need some beef, either a fighter or mid caster. Thoughts?

My personal favorites for each role:

Mid: Ahri, Xerath, Ziggs, Brand
Top: Shen, Wukong, GP, Shyv, Rumble
Support: Lulu, Janna, Sona, Thresh, Leona, Taric
ADC: Graves, Corki, Cait, Trist, Draaaaven
Jungle: Udyr, Noc, GP, Shyv

Note: Most of these picks are S2 picks, S3 I've basically only played the support role. So yeah...

Too lazy at the moment type out who I'd recommend for S3... -_-

#236 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

If you're going ADC, I would get Caitlyn... Been playing her since she was first released and I've loved her since. Easily the easiest ADC to use because it's all auto attack and some skill level but her range is the farthest in terms of auto attacking. I see some really bad Catilyn's and I see some really good ones but as long as you get her mechanics down and understand how much damage she can do/requires, she is a viable option. She works best with, well for me anyways, Taric, Lux, Thresh, Leona, and Zyra.

If you're gonna buy an expensive champion, maybe Leona just because she's viable in almost every team comp and her 3 stuns are very useful.

Why not get Swain? He's pretty beefy in mid if played and built properly. Can easily 1v3, maybe even 1v4 if fed enough and has the proper items.

EDIT: how about Diana? She's really annoying too.. Or Hecarim as jungle? Hecarim ruins everyone's day

Edited by Apple Juice, 12 April 2013 - 02:11 PM.

#237 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Thanks guys. I went with Nasus, he seems unbeatable this season. I've seen some bad Hecas so i was a little turned off. Cait will be my next buy.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#238 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Thanks guys. I went with Nasus, he seems unbeatable this season. I've seen some bad Hecas so i was a little turned off. Cait will be my next buy.

Guess it's too late to tell you that Nasus is getting his wither nerfed... The move that has made him dominate thus far.

#239 Spyrocks

Spyrocks

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

I just bought Shen as my first purchase. He was on sale and had some skills i wanted to try out. I like him so far pretty simple to use, so I use him in games where I dont want to think to hard. Any tips on him that might be useful?

I love surprising the other team with his teleport from across the map.

#240 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:57 AM

I just bought Shen as my first purchase. He was on sale and had some skills i wanted to try out. I like him so far pretty simple to use, so I use him in games where I dont want to think to hard. Any tips on him that might be useful?

I love surprising the other team with his teleport from across the map.

The one and only tip you willl find useful is that Shen is OP when built properly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.