42 replies to this topic

#31 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,752 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:49 AM

The thugs are quite easy once you've figured them out. I usually use an advanced baseball bat, but the thugs are so slow in their wind up to punch you, that you can usually run in, take a swing, and jump out of the way. Repeat that 6 or 7 times and they're dead without touching you once.

On another note, I just got in to the city and woah.... Lets just say I need to find somebody to play with. So much fun though! It really seems every new "world" or act brings a different dimension to the game. Playing in the city is way different than playing in the resorts. And the zombie in the straight jacket? You'll never think a thug is hard again haha

I rented Dead Island on Tuesday to hold me off for 7 days until NHL 12.
I'm Level 15 and also in the city now, and I haven't even seen a gun yet. Although one of my sidequests I have available will give me a pistol.

Yeah, that straight jacket guy...I molotov'd him and he died in like 6 seconds. :D Easy peasy.

This game is so fun and awesome, the reviews weren't great but I'm glad I gave it a try.

What people were talking about earlier, yeah the Thugs get annoying. Basically just run in, hit him in the head twice and jump out. Time it between his arm swings. Also....you can just aim at his arms and break them so he can't swing at you anymore. But then he'll try to bite you.

PS: I love the Infected....when they scream and start sprinting towards you....timing it 'just' right so you can clobber them right in the head. Priceless.

Posted Image
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

#32 Bigturk8

Bigturk8

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:57 AM

Played this game briefly a few days ago, only long enough to get to level 4. Really enjoyed it though. Nothin like clubbing a zombie in the head with a spiked baseball bat, or throwing a knife at a propane tank and have it miraculously explode.

I think i'll be picking this up next week.
Posted Image

#16 is skeptical about the validity of your post...

#33 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,257 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:10 PM

I rented Dead Island on Tuesday to hold me off for 7 days until NHL 12.
I'm Level 15 and also in the city now, and I haven't even seen a gun yet. Although one of my sidequests I have available will give me a pistol.

Yeah, that straight jacket guy...I molotov'd him and he died in like 6 seconds. :D Easy peasy.

This game is so fun and awesome, the reviews weren't great but I'm glad I gave it a try.

What people were talking about earlier, yeah the Thugs get annoying. Basically just run in, hit him in the head twice and jump out. Time it between his arm swings. Also....you can just aim at his arms and break them so he can't swing at you anymore. But then he'll try to bite you.

PS: I love the Infected....when they scream and start sprinting towards you....timing it 'just' right so you can clobber them right in the head. Priceless.

I found some guns around the city... I assume that they are only found act 2 onwards, thus none before now.
Posted Image

#34 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,752 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:14 PM

I found some guns around the city... I assume that they are only found act 2 onwards, thus none before now.

I would guess so, unless you're that Australian girl. Her Fury is where she pulls out a gun and headshots people.

Lol, I'm the black rapper who only had a one hit wonder. :lol:
His Fury is awesome....he punches his fists then you can go punching everyone to death in 1-2 hits. Even Thugs.

Punching somebody's head off is amazing. :P

Posted Image

#35 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,257 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:11 PM

I would guess so, unless you're that Australian girl. Her Fury is where she pulls out a gun and headshots people.

Lol, I'm the black rapper who only had a one hit wonder. :lol:
His Fury is awesome....he punches his fists then you can go punching everyone to death in 1-2 hits. Even Thugs.

Punching somebody's head off is amazing. :P

I went with the football 'star'.

I keep my 'fury' for when there is a ram/thug and a bunch of walkers, then mow through them.

Gonna have to do the first act with all 4 characters for the achievement though.
Posted Image

#36 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,752 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

I went with the football 'star'.

I keep my 'fury' for when there is a ram/thug and a bunch of walkers, then mow through them.

Gonna have to do the first act with all 4 characters for the achievement though.

Lol the rap song isn't half bad that they made up for the black guy. You hear it in the intro before the game menu.

I got a skill now that I can just sprint and ram through zombies. It's awesome. Also I can sprint through locked doors.

I hate that I don't have lock pick skill up yet, because I see so many locked chests and I know I won't remember where they were once I get the skill.

Posted Image

#37 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,257 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:38 PM

Lol the rap song isn't half bad that they made up for the black guy. You hear it in the intro before the game menu.

I got a skill now that I can just sprint and ram through zombies. It's awesome. Also I can sprint through locked doors.

I hate that I don't have lock pick skill up yet, because I see so many locked chests and I know I won't remember where they were once I get the skill.

yeah - I know what you mean

I just focused my skill upgrades to that, but now I noticed I am less effective in combat as I spent the last few levels trying to get lock-pick skill
Posted Image

#38 c00kies

c00kies

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,100 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

More zombies...pass.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#39 CARTER

CARTER

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:11 PM

I cant wait till' NHL 12, I rented this to tide me over. I had fun but is now boring.

#40 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,752 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:04 PM

I cant wait till' NHL 12, I rented this to tide me over. I had fun but is now boring.

Yeah same here. I rented it 7 days before the NHL 12 release.

Dead Island was extremely fun, but I just don't feel like playing it...
I will play sometimes though to co-op with my brother.

Posted Image

#41 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,257 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:24 PM

Yeah same here. I rented it 7 days before the NHL 12 release.

Dead Island was extremely fun, but I just don't feel like playing it...
I will play sometimes though to co-op with my brother.

Personally - I am still rocking it.

I really enjoy the game, yes it has glitches, and yes it can get annoying, but the overall experience has been very good.
Posted Image

#42 iLoveRunningMan

iLoveRunningMan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:26 PM

If you guys are wondering why it's not saving on the PS3 here is the solution. What you have to do to make it save at a checkpoint is to either play it offline or change it to a LAN connection, but if someone tries to join the game and it says that the person has failed to connect; that means it will no longer save.

Some ways to tell if it is working or not is when you have continue your story there should be something at the bottom left corner saying multiplayer enabled, if it says that and your friend successfull enters the game first try then it will save and if you recieve a trophy challenge and recieve no trophy then it's glitched... sorry.

PS Tesla mod on my sledgehammer equals pure win.

Posted Image

#43 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,257 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

Dead Island: Riptide trailer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.