The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dead Island

That's What She Said

The thugs are quite easy once you've figured them out. I usually use an advanced baseball bat, but the thugs are so slow in their wind up to punch you, that you can usually run in, take a swing, and jump out of the way. Repeat that 6 or 7 times and they're dead without touching you once.

On another note, I just got in to the city and woah.... Lets just say I need to find somebody to play with. So much fun though! It really seems every new "world" or act brings a different dimension to the game. Playing in the city is way different than playing in the resorts. And the zombie in the straight jacket? You'll never think a thug is hard again haha

Played this game briefly a few days ago, only long enough to get to level 4. Really enjoyed it though. Nothin like clubbing a zombie in the head with a spiked baseball bat, or throwing a knife at a propane tank and have it miraculously explode.

I think i'll be picking this up next week.

I rented Dead Island on Tuesday to hold me off for 7 days until NHL 12.

I'm Level 15 and also in the city now, and I haven't even seen a gun yet. Although one of my sidequests I have available will give me a pistol.

Yeah, that straight jacket guy...I molotov'd him and he died in like 6 seconds. :D Easy peasy.

This game is so fun and awesome, the reviews weren't great but I'm glad I gave it a try.

What people were talking about earlier, yeah the Thugs get annoying. Basically just run in, hit him in the head twice and jump out. Time it between his arm swings. Also....you can just aim at his arms and break them so he can't swing at you anymore. But then he'll try to bite you.

PS: I love the Infected....when they scream and start sprinting towards you....timing it 'just' right so you can clobber them right in the head. Priceless.

I would guess so, unless you're that Australian girl. Her Fury is where she pulls out a gun and headshots people.

Lol, I'm the black rapper who only had a one hit wonder. :lol:

His Fury is awesome....he punches his fists then you can go punching everyone to death in 1-2 hits. Even Thugs.

Punching somebody's head off is amazing. :P

Lol the rap song isn't half bad that they made up for the black guy. You hear it in the intro before the game menu.

I got a skill now that I can just sprint and ram through zombies. It's awesome. Also I can sprint through locked doors.

I hate that I don't have lock pick skill up yet, because I see so many locked chests and I know I won't remember where they were once I get the skill.

Archived