The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nail Yakupov -- The Next Elite NHL Superstar.

Guest Voucer

that's the most idiotic thing i've heard yet... congrats.

4 d-men (one top 6, one 7th, and 2 potential studs)

a forward

both of our goalies

3 first round picks

a second round pick

a seventh round pick

for a single unproven prospect with loads of talent.

maybe if we were in the east where you can just run and gun your way to victory

I don't want to take too much away from him but he missed the cut off for the 2011 draft by about 3 weeks. RNH is in his 18 year old season and is an NHL rookie. Yakupov is in his 18 year old season and is in his draft year. He's pretty much the same age as RNH. I'm pretty sure there is about 3 1/2 months difference between them. What kind of numbers would Nugent-Hopkins be putting up in the CHL right now?

I'm not saying he doesn't have star potential. I just think the stats may be a little misleading. This isn't the typical draft year we're seeing. If he was 3 weeks younger he would have went head to head with RNH last season and would likely be in the NHL right now.

I don't want to take too much away from him but he missed the cut off for the 2011 draft by about 3 weeks. RNH is in his 18 year old season and is an NHL rookie. Yakupov is in his 18 year old season and is in his draft year. He's pretty much the same age as RNH. I'm pretty sure there is about 3 1/2 months difference between them. What kind of numbers would Nugent-Hopkins be putting up in the CHL right now?

I'm not saying he doesn't have star potential. I just think the stats may be a little misleading. This isn't the typical draft year we're seeing. If he was 3 weeks younger he would have went head to head with RNH last season and would likely be in the NHL right now.

Archived