The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nail Yakupov -- The Next Elite NHL Superstar.

Guest Voucer

Kid looks good, but so does every first overall pick, *cough* Daigle *cough* I mean him on Washington would be deadly but not at the same time, IMO Ovi = Lindros he wont last long so him and Yakupov wouldn't play together for long + salary cap, Ovi 10 mil Semin 5 mil Backstrom 6 mil Green 4mil ect Yakupov would want 5-6mil but if he goes to Edmonton they will have a sick set of forwards but this is what I say, with no goalie and no D the Oil arn't going any where.

I don't want to take too much away from him but he missed the cut off for the 2011 draft by about 3 weeks. RNH is in his 18 year old season and is an NHL rookie. Yakupov is in his 18 year old season and is in his draft year. He's pretty much the same age as RNH. I'm pretty sure there is about 3 1/2 months difference between them. What kind of numbers would Nugent-Hopkins be putting up in the CHL right now?

I'm not saying he doesn't have star potential. I just think the stats may be a little misleading. This isn't the typical draft year we're seeing. If he was 3 weeks younger he would have went head to head with RNH last season and would likely be in the NHL right now.

With Galchenyuk dropping after the injury (hopefully) we should trade up and draft him. Yakupov already loves the Canucks and this is just the extra incentive to come here to Van with his juniors scoring duo partner being drafted by us :D. If the Canucks could get Yakupov we would be almost unstoppable. As a bonus Galchenyuk is already a beast.

towel.gif *I highly doubt any of this happens but us fans can dream right?*

Larionov and Krutov.

Bure and Mogilny.

Galchenyuk and Yakupov.

I like how you think! The International Scouting Services has him ranked at #17 right now.

In all likelihood, the top three prospects on the list are guaranteed to be picked in the top three. If so, it will be:

1. Only the third time that two Russian players have been picked in the top three (2001 [#1. Kovalchuk, #3. Svitov], 2004 [#1. Ovechkin, #2. Malkin]).

2. Only the third time that a Russian player has been chosen first overall (2001 [Kovalchuk], 2004 [Ovechkin]).

3. Only the second time that two Russian players have been picked first and second overall in the draft (2004 [Ovechkin, Malkin]).

And it's the first time ever that a Russian player picked first or second overall has spent time in North America prior to being drafted. This is going to be a special draft.

https://www.isshocke...m/scouting/home

Archived