The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nail Yakupov -- The Next Elite NHL Superstar.

Guest Voucer

I know this is a bad comparison, and Yakupov's Junior Numbers blow this guy out of the water, but...

Does he not remind you of Gilbert Brule in a small way. Obviously way bigger offensive potential, but the way he throws his checks reminds me

of Brule with the Giants.

Might just be me though

That's the strategy the Panthers took and it obviously hasn't paid off. They traded down in 2002 and 2003. They walked away with JayBo and Horton when they could have had Nash and Eric Staal. How different would Florida look with those two players right now? Those two decisions are probably the biggest reasons the Panthers are now on the list of teams to try and rebuild and fail.

HIGHLY doubt Edmonton would get him... Their kids, though still young, will probably play at levels that will bring them beyond being at the bottom of the pile again, plus Dubnyk's not half bad in goal. I was thinking more of fLOLida or Ottawa (filled with many scrubs plus a few good core players who aren't enough by themselves to carry their teams), Dallas (bankruptcy, Richards for scrubs) or even Phoenix (the Coyotes' defensive system probably won't work so well now that it's Smith in goal instead of Bryz, quite the mega dropoff there and they have little, heck, NO offensive firepower to make up for it and the Kyle Turris contract show so it should be a LONG season in the desert). I'd venture to say that one of these four teams ends up dead last and gets Nail, not the Avs or the Oil.

That's the strategy the Panthers took and it obviously hasn't paid off. They traded down in 2002 and 2003. They walked away with JayBo and Horton when they could have had Nash and Eric Staal. How different would Florida look with those two players right now? Those two decisions are probably the biggest reasons the Panthers are now on the list of teams to try and rebuild and fail.

Sometimes, I wish the Canucks were a bottom-feeding team just because some of the top prospects you see at the drafts look so crazy talented...then I realize the Nucks still have a Stanley Cup to win and slap myself. Even still...this guy is sure one exciting player and should have a bright future ahead of him.

why is he 5'3 in NHL 12?

Archived