Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Windows 8 launches tonight

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
96 replies to this topic

#91 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

Can it stream flash videos? Nope?, so it doesn't accomplish what my playbook accomplishes?

Don't know about others but my iPhone streams flash.
Posted Image

#92 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,435 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

I know Vista is garbage but how is Windows 7 garbage? Are you ranting just for the sake of ranting or what?

Yeah I don't know how anyone can take issue with 7...I've installed it on numerous computers and it has worked flawlessly. Speedy, stable, looks nice...what's the problem?
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#93 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

Yeah I don't know how anyone can take issue with 7...I've installed it on numerous computers and it has worked flawlessly. Speedy, stable, looks nice...what's the problem?

because Apple is "hip" right now.
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#94 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,406 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

No. I don't think that should effect it at all.

By the way, is the download working for you? I thought it was unlocked at 12pm Pacific.

It seemed to be, but when I got to the actual part of downloading it I backed out. I had to reinstall everything a while back from the discs that came with my computer. Ever since I've had issues with windows 7 updating. Getting message of "updates failed to install, reverting changes" or something close to that.

Little nervous about spending the money and then not having the upgrade work

qrak1x.jpg

#95 OgS.MVP

OgS.MVP

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

Still miles and miles behind Mountain Lion in its intuitiveness.

#96 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,485 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

I absolutely hate it, not only does it look like a smart phone, its confusing as hell to use.

Why fix something that isnt broken? they could have just improved Windows 7 and fix some issues but instead they decide to change the whole look of Windows...

#97 -Goose-

-Goose-

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

It seemed to be, but when I got to the actual part of downloading it I backed out. I had to reinstall everything a while back from the discs that came with my computer. Ever since I've had issues with windows 7 updating. Getting message of "updates failed to install, reverting changes" or something close to that.

Little nervous about spending the money and then not having the upgrade work

AH. It will warn you before you install for certain things like iTunes authorizations and such. I upgraded without a hitch. Will probably go out tomorrow and look for a new laptop too.

SO far it's been great. Booting under ~10seconds with an HDD

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.