The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedin point watch

Captain Bob

Hank only needs 90 points? I still think they'll have a bad season, but I can see Daniel scoring in the final game of the regular season to give them joint lead of the franchise record.

Yes that means Daniel outscores Henrik by 15 points, might be because Hank misses a game or two due to back problems or Daniel just explodes, but the twins have been eerily similar all their careers. It wouldnt suprise me.

EDIT: Scratch previous post, I read the OP wrong.. lol Daniel will catch up, he's been a beast lately. I still imagine a line of D. Sedin - Kesler - Burrows, imagine that for the 1st PP (With Edler, Bieksa on D) and Sturm - H. Sedin - Nolan with Sameulsson on the point (Hamhuis/Salo being the D) for the 2nd PP unit. :)

I had one of these going for Henrik's assist watch and wanted to do one for the points chase. I'll update this as often as I can through out the season. If they have another season like the last 2 this will be the year it happens, otherwise it'll be very early next season.

Markus Naslund - 756

Trevor Linden - 733

Stanley Smyl - 673

Henrik Sedin - 666

Daniel Sedin - 651

also to add to these stats (and for those who think they arent playoff performers):

Playoffs Leaders

Linden - 95PTS

Bure - 66PTS

H. Sedin - 66PTS

D. Sedin - 62 PTS

another long run in the playoffs and they could be close to or even at the top of this list.

We are lucky to have these guys, may they retire as canucks and bring the cup where it truly belongs ;)

ummm yes they do...

don't they?...I would assume all goals scored in an NHL game would count towards a players career totals?

Nope, that's a different category. When you hear career totals they do not include playoffs. Those numbers for Naslund, Linden and Smyl do not include their playoff totals.

Yeah and if Daniel light up the green light a little he could be knocking on the most goals next year; but it probably won't happen until the final year of his contract. also if Kesler keeps getting better he is currently on a better pace than the twins.

The light is actually red ;). Green is for the end of periods :P

• 1 month later...

I'm not so much excited about them becoming 1 and 2 for the franchise, it is going to happen. If not this season, early next. I am more excited for when they battle it out for supremacy as the #1 franchise point leader.

I could see Daniel not retiring because he is in 2nd, so than Henrik doesn't retire because he doesn't want his #1 position stolen. A brotherly battle until they are to old to play anymore. (50+ lol)

They better retire with the Canucks or I will be thoroughly disappointed.

Question: Do you think they will retire together?

Archived