The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Johnny Canuck as an alternate third jersey?

bucsfan

This thread's kind of ironic, I just finished working on a Johnny Canuck jersey concept today. haha

vancouver-canucks-third-jersey.png

I say absolutely, give Johnny Canuck a chance as a 3rd. In my perfect world this team's identity would have the current stick-in-rink 3rds as our primaries and a J. Canuck 3rd. Imo the Orca has overstayed it's welcome.

No. Leave Johnny Canucks Alone!!!!!

It does not look good on a jersey, it doesn't look serious at all and looks kind of kiddie-ish.

Let's leave it with the Orca.. or make the Stick-in-Rink the main logo (which I would definitely approve of). I'm pretty content with our jerseys now, and I don't think they need to be altered at all..

I'm not a fan of the corporate inspired "Orca" jersey either, nothing says Canuck like a freakin' whale???

I don't get the "Vancouver" thing over the logo either, I know where I'm from, apparently those corporate guys needed to know this ain't Seattle???

On a more positive note...

I love our current 3rd jersey the best as it's an updated version of our original 70s jerseys. I wear my "Kesler" 3rd with great pride!

Make our thirds our home and away and then you could possibly bring Johnny back as our 3rds...

that would be OK with this "old timer".

Im sorry, but Johnny Canucks is a HORRIBLE idea from the start... How stereotypical can we be... A lumberjack, i mean really. Its enough that we have the word Vancouver on the jersey, i can deal with that, but if i had to watch our boys skate around with a guy in a plaid shirt on in the middle of their jerseys, it would be a mockery!

Archived