The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Johnny Canuck as an alternate third jersey?

bucsfan

Not a fan of the Johnny Canuck idea, too much like the Penguins logo and I think thats a ridiculous logo also. Stick with the Orca, its stylish at least. The Canuck looks like its just been taken out of a comic book (not that thats a bad thing, just not great for a professional ice hockey jersey)

It was John Mcgaw or whatever Mr. Absentee owner at that time was that basically gave Gretzky a "ultimatum' of sign right bleepin now or go 'f' yourself. Gretzky along with Bure and Mogilny would have been unstoppable! It was a BLUNDER on Pat Quinn(another TOOL who didn't treat players well!)and Orcay Bay to put a gun to his head and sign right awat cause he was going to had the team not been so obnixious to hockeys greatest player!

<br />  <br /><br />So what does this have to to do with the third jersey???  If you want to get you facts straight its was Stan McCammon. Mc Caw right hand man who made that decision the same guy who hired Iron Mike and Fired Burke.<br /> Gretzky along with Almo and Bure would have been unstoppable?? Really! How is Grets going to help Bure with his knee injury? <br />Pat Quinn didn't treat his players properly? My guess is that you been in the dressing room then. Maybe you should asked guys like Linden, Stan Smyl, Cliff Ronning, Capt Kirk, Geoff Courtnall,Lidster, Craven,Lumme.Murzyn.Babych,Valk, ect ect how were they treated in their time in Vancouver under Quinn.<br />

• 5 months later...

<br /><br /><br /> Ah,in response Pat Quinn let Cliff Ronning walk away for nothing poster! And Bure's knee injury came on MUCH LATER IN HIS CAREER,not when the team were in their prime having just lost to the Rangers in the 94 finals. And yes I heard it through close associates that Pat Quinn didn't treat players very well even BURE!And same goes with Giants coach Don Hay,he is another TOOL!P.S I personally know and graduated with Cliff Ronning poster in 1983 from Burnaby North Senior Secondary so yes I have gotten feedback from CREDIBLE sources!Joe Sakic was in grade 8 when I was in grade 12 as well!

Archived