The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Republican 2012 Presidential Nominee

The Situation

2012 Presidential Election  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe none of the above? Or some independents? Its the choice between the lesser evils.

I don't agree with everything Ron Paul says and I certainly wouldn't classify myself as conservative. I think many of his supporters feel the same way but he's the only sane one among them.

Policy issues aren't as important to me as the systemic ones. Ron Paul recognizes that war can only be declared with the approval of Congress. Something that hasn't happened since the end of WW2. All the conflicts the USA have been involved in have been declared police actions to circumvent the constitution. It's issues like that which draw me to Paul. The system needs to be fixed before we can even entertain questions of drug policy and healthcare.

That system is broken and has been for a long time. It's only continued to ride off the rails during the Obama tenure. That is my opinion.

Policy issues aren't as important to me as the systemic ones. Ron Paul recognizes that war can only be declared with the approval of Congress. Something that hasn't happened since the end of WW2. All the conflicts the USA have been involved in have been declared police actions to circumvent the constitution. It's issues like that which draw me to Paul.

Romney is really the one to beat and I don't see Rick Santorum getting the nomination as he is too socially conservative.  Santorum did well with all the evangelicals in Iowa but New Hampshire is much different from Iowa.

I see John McCain endosing Romney which is good news for him.

Right Wing Republicans don't like Romney but giving a choice between Romny and Obama, they will hold their nose and vote for Romney.  That is why political pundits predict Romney has a 50/50 chance against Obama, compared to other nominees.

Romney is really the one to beat and I don't see Rick Santorum getting the nomination as he is too socially conservative.  Santorum did well with all the evangelicals in Iowa but New Hampshire is much different from Iowa.

I see John McCain endosing Romney which is good news for him.

Right Wing Republicans don't like Romney but giving a choice between Romny and Obama, they will hold their nose and vote for Romney.  That is why political pundits predict Romney has a 50/50 chance against Obama, compared to other nominees.

Congress has never formally declared war since WW2.

And to the best of my knowledge the bill they approved in the case of the Iraq war was passed a year before combat operations began. At some point we need to apply common sense to this issues because they are not as complex as they appear.

Bush and the executive branch entrenched the country into action under false pretenses. When the bill was signed a year before did the congressmen realize they were voting on a bill that would cost 3,000 American lives and take up trillions and trillions of dollars?

On top of that once the executive branch misleads the public and incites a war with a foreign country how much freedom do the congressmen have on such a vote? I remember the mentality of America at the start of the war. Anyone who questioned the validity of the war was blackballed and ridiculed.

This might just be small details to alot of people but the constitution of the US was built upon failures from the past. They recognized these problems and tried to have checks and balances to prevent them from happening.

Job Stewart on the Iowa caucus yesterday was on the spot. In the end, you're still end up with Romney with a little santorum on him. And ultimately, with Obama back for a second term.

I guess the silver lining is that Obama won't have to worry about a re-election. Here I go being naive again. :(

It's easy to mock Rick Santorum for his extremely social conservative views, but I have to admit, if you listen to his current message, I can see why he's doing well.

He's presenting himself as the conservative working class hero and he's a decent speaker who conveys his message well.

I don't think it's enough to overcome his other deficiencies, mind you, but I do think there might be more gas in the tank than originally thought. NH could be interesting.

Another post from you showing how dumb and ignorant you are. I don't know where you are drinking the kool aid from but Obama will go down as a complete failure on most counts. His record on the economy, civil liberties, and even foreign policy have all been massive failures. I'm not out to convince you of anything, your opinion is of no value and the best judge of Obama will be the historians when they talking about the turning point of American history being the four terms of Bush/Obama 2000-2016. 16 years of a cluster f*ck.

I do not agree with this at all, sorry but I'm not buying the ''Obama is bad'' rhetoric. he has improved the image of the USA in the world, killed Bin Laden, ended the wars, reduced unemployment, got rid of don't ask don't tell, he is a positive person who gives great speeches and there is NOBODY else who could be doing a better job so I don't know why anybody would want him gone.

I think we found the crux of your ignorance!

Drone wars, PATRIOT Act, medical marijuana, indefinite detention, the list is growing longer and longer. And you think he's a good president and don't know why people don't support him? You're clueless to the point of hilarity. Like with alcohol and sex.

I think we found the crux of your ignorance!

Drone wars, PATRIOT Act, medical marijuana, indefinite detention, the list is growing longer and longer. And you think he's a good president and don't know why people don't support him? You're clueless to the point of hilarity. Like with alcohol and sex.

Archived