The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Republican 2012 Presidential Nominee

The Situation

2012 Presidential Election  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But since it IS being controlled, you might have to play the game to change it.

That's like saying some one who doesn't agree with the system shouldn't vote.

He's the lesser of evils even if some one might not agree with every single thing, and that's not to say that I disagree with this or that.

I don't like the system but while it is in place I am going to follow its rules, and complain about a biased media.

Sigh... ?

And is his position not that he would let the states decide ? Just because his position is against federal regulation, doesn't mean his position says that the states shouldn't have that choice either.

As I already posted (and you ignored, "sigh"),

Paul's stance is that of the states regulating not the federal gov, so this is a moot point. Perhaps you should think before you point.

But lets run with your analogy.....

Would you still not call the cops? Taking a dangerous situation in your own hands would not result in being put in jail?

I would still call the cops even if I WAS for abolishing their services, because the law, or system, would still throw my ass in jail.

Thanks for proving my point. Cheers mate.

Anderson Cooper? Wolf Blitzer? Is that you?

Okay...this is the third and final time I'm going to clarify this for you.

Dr Paul proposes the states to decide. Your point doesn't hold water because it is based on a common misinterpretation that seems to be deliberately spread by the media and certain people.

I've already illustrated how your cop comparison lends credence to my side of the argument, even if it doesn't really cover the scope of what we are talking about.

It isn't a hypocritical position. These issues aren't black and white. If your eyes only see two extreme shades , I guess there isn't much left for me to say.

Long live the propaganda machine and all it's little minions

I would assume that most states would end up adopting similar regulations anyway in the interest of making things work, at their discretion. The crazy ones would opt out.

It would not be a federally mandated regulation, if it was up to Paul, yet there would still be the opportunity for states to continue down the current path if they see fit so on and so forth.

This is all beside the point. You claimed Ron Paul wanted to deregulate TV and that I was a hypocrite for supporting him and saying people should write the FCC. I disagree and I think common sense does too.

It's my belief that while rules are what they are they should be followed and the correct paths should be taken to voice your opinion, until things are changed.

The fact that you keep running on a premise that is false (paul's stances) troubles me. I don't mean to be disrespectful either...but when you start throwing out sighs insinuating people don't know what they're talking about or are unaware of some media drummed up fallacy of hypocrisy...you better know what you're talking about.

My take on the candidates still in the race:

Rick Perry: George Bush v2.0 but (somehow!) more stupid.

Newt Gingrich: Probably one of the most corrupt, insincere people in politics. And that's saying a lot.

Mitt Romney: This is the scariest guy in the field, not because he's the worst, but because he's probably the only one who can beat Obama. The rest are too crazy and people will figure it out; Romney seems more "normal" so he stands a chance. But he's a corporate tool, he'll sell out to personal interest groups at the drop of the hat, and unless you're rich you're going to suffer a lot under him while he grows richer.

Ron Paul: On the one had, he's my favourite candidate, because he's the only one in the field who has an ounce of sincerity behind the things he says. On the other hand, many of his policies are ridiculous and he would also serve primarily the rich. But at least he's honest.

Rick Santorum: Competing with Perry for the dumbest candidate in the field. A bigoted homophobic tool. I hope he wins, because there's not a chance Obama will lose to this guy.

John Hunstman: All things considered, probably the best candidate the Republicans have. Not as sincere as Paul, but his policies are less insane. Not to say I especially like him, but he's probably the only one that wouldn't destroy the country as a Republican president. Of course, he doesn't stand a chance.

stupid questions. For energy, every answer other than 'none of the above' started with 'increase domestic oil and gas production'. Not much of an option there...

Obama

Paul

Huntsman

although that's kinda irrelevant given how leading the questions were.

stupid questions. For energy, every answer other than 'none of the above' started with 'increase domestic oil and gas production'. Not much of an option there...

Obama

Paul

Huntsman

although that's kinda irrelevant given how leading the questions were.

Archived