The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Republican 2012 Presidential Nominee

The Situation

2012 Presidential Election  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vice President Johnson, Mr. Speaker, Mr. Chief Justice, President Eisenhower, Vice President Nixon, President Truman, reverend clergy, fellow citizens, we observe today not a victory of party, but a celebration of freedom -- symbolizing an end, as well as a beginning -- signifying renewal, as well as change. For I have sworn before you and Almighty God the same solemn oath our forebears prescribed nearly a century and three quarters ago.

The world is very different now. For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty and all forms of human life. And yet the same revolutionary beliefs for which our forebears fought are still at issue around the globe -- the belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state, but from the hand of God.

Finally, whether you are citizens of America or citizens of the world, ask of us here the same high standards of strength and sacrifice which we ask of you. With a good conscience our only sure reward, with history the final judge of our deeds, let us go forth to lead the land we love, asking His blessing and His help, but knowing that here on earth God's work must truly be our own.

President John F. Kennedy - January 20, 1961

Just some excerpts from that crazy Catholic JFK... He is revered by the left, but perhaps he would have some "flaws" viewed through the tolerant eyes of the left today.

Vice President Johnson, Mr. Speaker, Mr. Chief Justice, President Eisenhower, Vice President Nixon, President Truman, reverend clergy, fellow citizens, we observe today not a victory of party, but a celebration of freedom -- symbolizing an end, as well as a beginning -- signifying renewal, as well as change. For I have sworn before you and Almighty God the same solemn oath our forebears prescribed nearly a century and three quarters ago.

The world is very different now. For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty and all forms of human life. And yet the same revolutionary beliefs for which our forebears fought are still at issue around the globe -- the belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state, but from the hand of God.

Finally, whether you are citizens of America or citizens of the world, ask of us here the same high standards of strength and sacrifice which we ask of you. With a good conscience our only sure reward, with history the final judge of our deeds, let us go forth to lead the land we love, asking His blessing and His help, but knowing that here on earth God's work must truly be our own.

President John F. Kennedy - January 20, 1961

Just some excerpts from that crazy Catholic JFK... He is revered by the left, but perhaps he would have some "flaws" viewed through the tolerant eyes of the left today.

You know I was thinking who you remind me of... Then it came to me, that stupid Beavis cartoon character. Why you are the way you are isn't important... I would imagine a combination of fetal alcohol syndrome and sucking on lead paint chips...

You talking about being partisan .... do you read what you drone on about ? The words infantile and insipid of course come to mind, but it is more than that. Why don't comment on the budget he put forth oh wise one and how it will trim the deficit by four trillion dollars... This will piggyback your tretise on natural law that was so impressive...

You know I was thinking who you remind me of... Then it came to me, that stupid Beavis cartoon character. Why you are the way you are isn't important... I would imagine a combination of fetal alcohol syndrome and sucking on lead paint chips...

You talking about being partisan .... do you read what you drone on about ? The words infantile and insipid of course come to mind, but it is more than that. Why don't comment on the budget he put forth oh wise one and how it will trim the deficit by four trillion dollars... This will piggyback your tretise on natural law that was so impressive...

It's incredible how sane and civil some of the Republican politicians of yesteryear seem in comparison. Ages ago I posted a thread about Eisenhower, who in a similar fashion to Mr. Goldwater's decrying of religion and government, described how essential it was that the government never come under the influence of military corporate interests, the so-called "military-industrial complex". And going back even further, Herbert Hoover, before being President, was the head of the American Relief Administration, an early foreign aid agency which helped to feed millions of Russian people starving following the Russian Revolution. Present day Republicans would slam such a program for wasting money and probably have Hoover incarcerated for aiding and abetting communism.

Archived