The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Republican 2012 Presidential Nominee

The Situation

2012 Presidential Election  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rachel Maddow..... nice source there, mrs Irony herself, one of many on the conga line of freaks on mSnBc. The Dems tend to whine loudest about voter fraud when they believe they are going to lose. When they win they cease to talk about the fraud, and wait until the next election.

Since you hit both sides, and are not biased like those "hacks" you speak of, could you tell me about the voter fraud that is perpetrated by the Democrats with an emphasis on Cook county ? I say this as I know you will hold both sides accountable and are certainly not a shill for the Democratic party.

P.S. I love the sig beavis ;) .

Rachel Maddow..... nice source there, mrs Irony herself, one of many on the conga line of freaks on mSnBc. The Dems tend to whine loudest about voter fraud when they believe they are going to lose. When they win they cease to talk about the fraud, and wait until the next election.

Since you hit both sides, and are not biased like those "hacks" you speak of, could you tell me about the voter fraud that is perpetrated by the Democrats with an emphasis on Cook county ? I say this as I know you will hold both sides accountable and are certainly not a shill for the Democratic party.

P.S. I love the sig beavis ;) .

Who cares if Paul got screwed out of Maine? It's not like this is the election where it's one party against the other. If the GOP brass are willing to conspire to keep Paul out of the nomination, do you really think they'll support him come November, when whichever nominee will need all they can get to have a chance against Obama? The fact that Ron Paul seems to have the support of about 20% of his party, and is completely ignored or dismissed by the rest probably suggests that he's not going to be a good fit as their leader. As I've already posted, he's got a certain set of ideals, fine. But the members of congress and senators who would make the laws for him to sign don't really share any of them. Yes, as C in C he will be able to bring the troops home, but the rest of his libertarian agenda is not going to make it through the houses.

Who cares what the GOP brass think ? Ron Paul could just ram through any legislation he wants through signing statements. George Bush gave himself the power to ignore hundreds of laws through signing statements and Obama has continued the trend. Any effort to stop this from the legislative branch would die on the vine, just ask Arlen Spector

Who cares what the GOP brass think ? Ron Paul could just ram through any legislation he wants through signing statements. George Bush gave himself the power to ignore hundreds of laws through signing statements and Obama has continued the trend. Any effort to stop this from the legislative branch would die on the vine, just ask Arlen Spector

Well, tonight is Santorum's first debate as the front-runner in the GOP leadership race. Should be interesting to see how he does, considering that up to now, he's been largely ignored in the debates as an afterthought, whereas now, Romney and Paul both have their targets fixed firmly upon him. I don't mention Gingrich because he looks to be pretty much finished. Paul and Romney seem to be ganging up on Santorum rather than attack each other, which probably makes a fair bit of sense as they have a lot more common ground with each other than either has with Santorum.

Romney is considered a heavy favourite to take Arizona. However, Santorum appears to have a slight edge in Michigan, which goes to primaries on the same day. Interestingly, Arizona is a winner-take-all state, meaning Romney has a good shot at adding 29 delegates there. However, it will be interesting to see how the Arizona debate performances affect Michigan polling, where the vote takes place on the same day.

I'll be tuned in, for sure.

To answer your earlier question, GM: If Paul were elected President, he would have trouble moving his agenda forward, but not as much trouble with the houses as Obama has right now. His ideas are not toeing the GOP line, but in the USA's world of two-party partisan politics, the houses are more likely to support Paul the Obama.

Archived