The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Republican 2012 Presidential Nominee

The Situation

2012 Presidential Election  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So many conspiracy theorists in this thread. Thinking Occam's Razor for a moment, you really don't need to invoke backroom scheming to keep Paul out of the nomination. You all seem to forget who actually votes in Republican primaries or attends the caucuses. It's not the moderate voters that are attracted to Paul's anti-war stance, emphasis on basic civil liberties or general consistency of message (putting aside that I disagree with him on a lot of things, I will grant that all these things are true about him). It is the hardcore, dyed-in-the-wool voter that wants the candidate to be conservative in every way. It's the social conservative, evangelicals that want to see a Bible in every classroom. It's people who, far from wanting the government to get out of the drug control business, want to see birth control pills made illegal. You may think Ron Paul is a good man, but to win the Republican nomination, you either need to be supported by a bunch of religious wackos, get endorsements from the far right media commentators or have a lot of money with which to spread your lies. The GOP's dedicated members are not in the business of endorsing "good" men.

Ron Paul's concerns are from the heart, out of real concern for his fellow man and woman. Putting a tinfoil hat on him is ridiculously disrespectful.

It really just makes me sick that some one would create an account on a sports forum solely to troll political bs. I was born late but it wasn't yesterday.

This forum would be better off if measures were taken to get rid of these types. You seriously can't even have a conversation online these days without trolls muddying the water. It's so pervasive that I have all but packed it in when it comes to even posting here.

I am fully aware that you can argue this post in to oblivion and that's fine, have at'er. Anyone with their eyes open knows what I mean.

Ron Paul's concerns are from the heart, out of real concern for his fellow man and woman. Putting a tinfoil hat on him is ridiculously disrespectful.

It really just makes me sick that some one would create an account on a sports forum solely to troll political bs. I was born late but it wasn't yesterday.

This forum would be better off if measures were taken to get rid of these types. You seriously can't even have a conversation online these days without trolls muddying the water. It's so pervasive that I have all but packed it in when it comes to even posting here.

I am fully aware that you can argue this post in to oblivion and that's fine, have at'er. Anyone with their eyes open knows what I mean.

We're in the same boat as I have yet to place context to it as well.

Free speech isn't really relative. It's a private forum for a business...

There really is no simple solution at the time being. I suppose one account per IP could do some damage, but not enough...

I personally have flawless "Troll-dar" (lets just say I am psychic...in a scientific way? lol). It all but discourages me from posting. All I can really do is type out a pretty little winking smiley face and know how much it resonates with the real, true, trolls.

;)

Must be a truly fulfilling profession.

We're in the same boat as I have yet to place context to it as well.

Free speach isn't really relative. It's a private forum for a business...

There really is no simple solution at the time being. I suppose one account per IP could do some damage, but not enough....

I personally have flawless "Troll-dar". It all but discourages me from posting.

:)

Just those who only post in political threads, after signing up for a Canucks message board account a couple months ago.

Oh wait..sorry..you posted in one gaming thread. My bad...

But of course, you obviously have a very plausible explanation for that which I am deeply sure you'll inform me of.

I'm sorry bud, you're right, it was the differing point of view.........Not the obvious troll posts that I initially perceived... I feel really bad for this whole thing. Ya know what, lets be friends! Can I get a job??? I like supplimentary income!

Archived