The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Republican 2012 Presidential Nominee

The Situation

2012 Presidential Election  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Polls are nice guy.... but it is April not November...

What will Obama run on this time guy ? What are his cohorts in the media pushing ? The lack of accomplishments mirror his lack of real world experience.

1. General Mills, the third-biggest food supplier in America, reports that its year-to-year input costs are now between 10 and 11 percent. Inflation on food costs will soon be so high that even Ben Bernanke won’t be able to ignore it.

2. According to the World Bank, the GDP of the United States in 2011 was $14.5 trillion. (That’s the entire output of our economy.)

3. The “official” debt of the U.S. government, as of March 1, 2012, was $15.5 trillion – $1 trillion more than the output of our economy.

4. Unfunded liabilities (Social Security, Medicare, federal pensions, etc.) for the federal government for fiscal year 2011 totaled $50.5 trillion – more than 3 times our total economic production!

5. When you total unfunded liabilities and the national debt, and subtract income from tax revenues, the U.S. was short by more than $60 trillion for fiscal year 2011.

6. Every household in America is on the hook for $513,380 that our government owes.

7. The median net worth of an American is now $6,000.

8. Our national debt has to increase by more than $1 trillion per year to keep up with government spending.

9. The Department of Homeland Security – tasked with policing us here at home – just awarded a contract to ATK to purchase 450,000,000 rounds of .40 caliber ammunition. Our population as of the end of 2011 is approximately 311,591,917. Bullets to citizens ratio = 1.4 to 1.

10. The current U.S. House has proposed 1,523 bills that would increase federal spending, and 122 bills that would decrease federal spending – a difference of 12.5 to 1.

11. The current U.S. Senate has proposed 948 bills that would increase federal spending and 54 bills that would reduce federal spending – a difference of 17.5 to 1.

12. 14.7 percent of Americans are on food stamps.

13. The teen pregnancy rate in America is higher than anywhere else in the world – 22 percent.

14. The population growth rate in America slowed to 0.9 percent in 2011. Future generations will face an even more staggering level of debt to be repaid.

15. Between state and federal taxes, and hidden taxes in consumable goods, every American now forfeits 37 percent of their wealth to government. By comparison, God Himself only asks for a 10 percent tithe from Christians.

16. Total housing activity (home sales, starts and permits) has declined by more than 100 percent in the last 6 years.

#1 Today there are 88 million working age Americans that are not employed and that are not looking for employment. That is an all-time record high.

#2 When Barack Obama was elected, the percentage of unemployed Americans that had been out of work for more than 52 weeks was less than 15%. Today, it is above 30%.

#3 There are 1.2 million fewer jobs in America today than there were when Barack Obama was inaugurated.

#4 When Barack Obama first took office, the number of “long-term unemployed workers” in the United States was approximately 2.6 million. Today, that number is sitting at 5.6 million.

#5 The average duration of unemployment in the United States is hovering close to an all-time record high.

#6 During the Obama administration, worker health insurance costs have risen by 23 percent.

#7 Since Barack Obama has been president, the average price of a gallon of gasoline in the United States has increased by 90 percent.

#8 Since Barack Obama has been president, home values in the United States have declined by another 13 percent.

#9 Under Barack Obama, new home sales in the U.S. set a brand new all-time record low in 2009, they set a brand new all-time record low again in 2010, and they set a brand new all-time record low once again during 2011.

#10 Since Barack Obama took office, the number of Americans living in poverty has risen by more than 6 million.

#11 Since Barack Obama entered the White House, the number of Americans on food stamps has increased from 32 million to 46 million.

#12 The amount of money that the federal government gives directly to Americans has increased by 32 percent since Barack Obama entered the White House.

#13 According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the percentage of Americans living in “extreme poverty” is now sitting at an all-time high.

#14 When Barack Obama first took office, an ounce of gold was going for about $850. Today an ounce of gold costs more than $1700 an ounce.

#15 Since Barack Obama became president, the size of the U.S. national debt has increased by 44 percent.

#16 During Barack Obama’s first two years in office, the U.S. government added more to the U.S. national debt than the first 100 U.S. Congresses combined.

#17 During the Obama administration, the U.S. government has accumulated more debt than it did from the time that George Washington took office to the time that Bill Clinton took office.

#18 The U.S. national debt has been increasing by an average of more than 4 billion dollars per day since the beginning of the Obama administration.

Yea...Bush did it all...and nothing before or after him did much of anything.... I mean I don't know if you really believe that or you have been conditioned to vomit it out, but either way it is rubbish. I see you parrot the "war against women line"... Try thinking for yourself .... it might do you some good.

Yea don't refute facts...it's a difficult propostion even for a person like yourself. Believe me it is early and Obama is very shaky and vunerable.

Yea...Bush did it all...and nothing before or after him did much of anything.... I mean I don't know if you really believe that or you have been conditioned to vomit it out, but either way it is rubbish. I see you parrot the "war against women line"... Try thinking for yourself .... it might do you some good.

Yea don't refute facts...it's a difficult propostion even for a person like yourself. Believe me it is early and Obama is very shaky and vunerable.

uUsyv.jpg

You don't think it's possible that the combination of massive tax breaks, a huge uptick in government spending (on foreign warfare), and a complete deregulation of the financial industry leading to the elimination of some $30 trillion in global wealth (all done under the Bush administration) may have had something to do with the present fiscal climate? George W. Bush was in power for 8 years, and I take a fairly dim view of any one-sided argument that points out the state of the economy under Obama and then seeks to blame him for it without considering the context. However, I'm not entirely sure you understand the concept of a "fact". The "war on women" isn't just a Democratic party talking point. It's been a very common theme throughout the Republican campaign, with clear flashpoints such as the Limbaugh-Sandra Fluke affair, and some of Santorum's more incendiary comments where the GOP field made it clear that if there's one thing the government SHOULD preside over, it's womens' vaginas. As a result, women (you know, those people that make up half the electorate) polled prefer Obama to Republican candidates by something like 20 points.

But that's the whole aspect that isn't getting through to you. Even if I were to accept everything you type at face value (which obviously I do not), what's new? Anyone who's going to be swayed by that type of material is going to be polling for Romney now anyways, yet he's far behind. This is why I think your assertions are ludicrous: all the reasons why people are going to reject Obama that you've listed are reasons that exist already and have been expounded upon relentlessly by the right wing media and any Republican with a soapbox, and yet the President is trending way ahead of any of them. What exactly do you expect to see changing over the next 7 months? Anyone who's going to believe that stuff already does, and makes up the 40% of people who are going to vote Republicon. That's not close to enough to take the Presidency.

Archived