Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Prediction about new players

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#31 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

All in all, my predictions were pretty good.

Yep, not too shabby an average there!

The one post that makes me LOL right now is the guy who (very nicely and not in a trolling way) suggested that the "we will do a big trade" prediction was not going to happen

... his user name has been changed to Zack Kassian,.. a bit ironic.

I really don't know why "prediction" threads don't get much traction here... it seems like the perfect type of thing to do at the start of the season. It is fun and it lets folks kind of put their money where there mouths are.

Edited by Provost, 02 April 2012 - 10:13 AM.

Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#32 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

Interesting Thread Provost. Nice job on the predictions. Good job by Jai604 as well. I'll look for this thread before next season and take part.
Posted Image

#33 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

Interesting Thread Provost. Nice job on the predictions. Good job by Jai604 as well. I'll look for this thread before next season and take part.

Thanks... I think it will be an interesting post to start the season, heck maybe they even pin it.

It really is kind of a neat history about where all of our heads were at a different time in the season. It seems crazy that at one point, many folks were hoping/thinking Sturm would be the answer on the 2nd line. It does show how random this stuff is, even hockey experts blow it fairly regularly.

"Top Ten Predictions 2012/2013" I will try to make a thread in September, and anyone who edits their post automatically loses. You will just have to have the world see the dumb mistakes you make... like me thinking Hodgson was going to be in Chicago by Christmas, he proved me very wrong in that part at the very least. He played better than I thought he would.

Edited by Provost, 02 April 2012 - 08:18 PM.

#34 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,954 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:36 AM

Mhmm, predictions are always fun.

yeah, I totally crapped the bed on the Sturm prediction.

I also really thought Tanev would stick, but I should have factored in AV's love for Rome. My fault, lol.

Posted ImagePosted Image

RIP LB RR PD

#35 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

I predict that we don't win the President's Trophy, but do win the division.

Damn!!! I blew this predication!!!

Rarely have I been so happy about being wrong! (well aside from the time I thought that rash was.... oh wait, never mind)

Edited by Provost, 07 April 2012 - 10:32 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.