The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bettmans revenge, Budweiser

Sonar64

So Im in the Best Buy Club a couple nights ago and order a Molsen. The waitress says, we are a Labatts House now, I say great, I'll have a Labatts and she says here is our beer list. Budweiser and Stella, so where is the Labatts? Headed downstairs and Bud everywhere, no good beer to be found. I am guessing this is a NHL thing system wide, but lame is the only word I can use to describe this. They are going to be about $2k lighter at the end of the year due to just me. Hopefully they come around.

If it's cold, I'm all good. Nothing like a game and a cold beer.

What is it about putting other people down for their tastes? If someone likes Canadian, so what? Kokanee? Who cares? You don't have to "be experienced" to know what you like. I have probably had 75+ beers in my lifetime and my favorites are ice, cold Bud light Lime and Ice cold

Corona with a lime twist. Just beacause I don't drink Granville Island Extra Frothy Bird Sh!t Stoudt doesn't mean that I am an inexperienced drinker, it means I know what I

enjoy.

If you want to drink your favorite beer stay home and do it.

Who goes to a game just to drink beer? I'll take your

tickets and an ice cold Bud any day!

towel.gif2e6c8lc.png

Mostly it's disappointing because there are so many good breweries and such a great range of beer to choose from in BC (particularly the lower mainland and on the island) that it seems like a wasted opportunity to showcase local selection. Obviously it's a corporate thing, and I understand why they decide to go that way, but more selection is always better when we're talking about beer.

Archived