The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bettmans revenge, Budweiser

Sonar64

I do the oversize glass thing, too, riffraff! I have a 1.5 litre "Super Mario Bros." mug from 1989 that I use. 2/3 full of ice, 3 or 4 "glugs" of Jack and top in with your choice of mix... or not!

I enjoy Palm Bay's in this mug, as well. 1/2 ice, a Palm Bay and top with Club Soda to water down the sweetness. Mmmm....

2e6c8lc.png

Lol. Respect to super Mario. Nothing like a good mug for a great drink. I rock the ceramic "Pilsner" pro-mo stein myself.

Sounds like you are drinking some tasty "Daddy's Water" to me....

True Stella is simply a mass produced swill from Belgium, but do you really want to pay 12 bucks for a real beer imported from belgium ? All countries have "plain" beers whether its Stella, Canadian, corona , sapporo , etc... But its fine for swilling once in while at a game. Stella owns bud as Intetbrew owns all... Hence the bud. They own about 30 percent of all themajor beers in the world.. You will never beat a good microbrew like corsendonk from Belgium brewed by monks for 400 years but hey if u wanna get pissed up u can always chug mikes hard lol

If it's cold, I'm all good. Nothing like a game and a cold beer.

What is it about putting other people down for their tastes? If someone likes Canadian, so what? Kokanee? Who cares? You don't have to "be experienced" to know what you like. I have probably had 75+ beers in my lifetime and my favorites are ice, cold Bud light Lime and Ice cold Corona with a lime twist. Just beacause I don't drink Granville Island Extra Frothy Bird Sh!t Stoudt doesn't mean that I am an inexperienced drinker, it means I know what I enjoy.

If you want to drink your favorite beer stay home and do it. Who goes to a game just to drink beer? I'll take your tickets and an ice cold Bud any day!

towel.gif2e6c8lc.png

So Im in the Best Buy Club a couple nights ago and order a Molsen. The waitress says, we are a Labatts House now, I say great, I'll have a Labatts and she says here is our beer list. Budweiser and Stella, so where is the Labatts? Headed downstairs and Bud everywhere, no good beer to be found. I am guessing this is a NHL thing system wide, but lame is the only word I can use to describe this. They are going to be about $2k lighter at the end of the year due to just me. Hopefully they come around.

For one.... Only 75 beer? I've done that over a long weekend (not proud of that)

Second... you have a good point. Everyone's tastes are different and depending on the situation tastes can change...

... Hot summer day - Corona or Bud Light Lime

... After a long day at work - Canadian

... With Dinner - Stella

.... Kegger - Kokanee Gold

A Beer for every occasion! Just don't abuse it or eventually they'll try to cut off liquor sales in arenas.

I honestly don't know what I will end up drinking this year. I will probably end up with the Stanley park beer, but I really hate how it is carbonated like pop instead of beer. Beer bubbles should be smooth not fizzy.

I didn't see the stella when I was there. Is that one in bottles?

Maybe I should switch to wine. Anybody know what they are carrying?

Bud sucks unless you're at a party and shotgunning them ice cold.

Non-Micro Brews that are decent:

Keiths IPA

Sleeman's Honey Brown

From BC, there are a lot of good beers. I like:

Okanagan Springs Pale Ale, and 1516 Bavarian Lager

Granville Island Brockton IPA

Red Truck

Archived