Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Bettmans revenge, Budweiser

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
148 replies to this topic

#121 derpdaderrrr

derpdaderrrr

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:32 AM

Ur absolutely right +10...

Lets revisit Belgian beers . Hoegaarden, pronounced who-hard-en by the way, is a white beer spiced with coriander. I happen to think its excellent with food but not everyone likes it.

Bellevue Kriek is a beer made with cherries. This variety is made with a syrup but the original was made in oak barrels with real cherries... Obviously very fruity, and commonly called a girls beer there. Bellevue also makes a raspberry variety.

Tripels are usually of higher strength... 8% alcohol or higher . Very distinct taste . I think we have karmeliet tripel ...

All these can be found here and I encourage you to check them out... Its all very distinctive...

Yes. I sell all of those beers and about 400 others...
. And Karmeliet kills it.

#122 VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:13 AM

Try something not owned by a massive corporation.

Edited by VersusTheMoose, 08 October 2011 - 03:14 AM.

Packer/Canuck/Raptor/Blue Jay fan from the Maritimes

#123 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,719 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

There's no snobbery to it, it's just asking for a little variety. Do you only eat at McDonald's? do you only want compact cars to drive? if you go into a liquor store and they have 500 different wines to choose from, no body bats an eyelash. But walk into a liquor store and see if they have more 10 beers that don't fall into the macro-lager category and you get looked at sideways. Thankfully people are beginning to change that and restaurants are putting as much efforts into their beer lists as much as their wine lists. Mind you, We beer nerds are a passionate bunch and are rather vocal about our obsession with it. We want beer to be made the way it used to be...
and as far as being "elegantly wasted", I can't remember the last time I got hammered.... and now I have that INXS song stuck in my head. thanks....

to say that beer is just beer and call everyone idiots is dismissive. That's like saying pasta is pasta and then eating nothing but Kraft Dinner.

Ha ha, no I do agree with you about variety. But if someone hands you a beer and you say something like, "Oh no I only Fierkengarden". At the end of the day it's water, barely, and hops, with a bit of fermentation. To pretend it's some high end product or something is funny to me.

I'm Elegantly Wasted! :D

Edited by Dogbyte, 08 October 2011 - 05:01 PM.

There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#124 derpdaderrrr

derpdaderrrr

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

Ha ha, no I do agree with you about variety. But if someone hands you a beer and you say something like, "Oh no I only Fierkengarden". At the end of the day it's water, barely, and hops, with a bit of fermentation. To pretend it's some high end product or something is funny to me.

I'm Elegantly Wasted! :D

Kinda.... it's the use of Corn (usually a 70% Barley to 30% Dextrose) because Corn is cheap and barley is expensive... and that's what I can't stand with a lot of those guys... Budweiser/Kokanee/Coors/Canadian/etc. even a lot of the imported Green beers use some amount of corn.

but I know what you mean man. I try to be as apologetic as possible if someone offers me a beer I don't like, because I always appreciate the gesture... even if it is a Cariboo....

#125 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:26 PM

Kinda.... it's the use of Corn (usually a 70% Barley to 30% Dextrose) because Corn is cheap and barley is expensive... and that's what I can't stand with a lot of those guys... Budweiser/Kokanee/Coors/Canadian/etc. even a lot of the imported Green beers use some amount of corn.

but I know what you mean man. I try to be as apologetic as possible if someone offers me a beer I don't like, because I always appreciate the gesture... even if it is a Cariboo....

Bud uses rice as an adjunct no?
Sent from my iPhone Canucks App

View Postnhlconspiracy, on 21 April 2011 - 02:05 PM, said:

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#126 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,417 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:34 PM

No, they use cricket urine.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#127 derpdaderrrr

derpdaderrrr

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:13 PM

I believe both rice and corn/dextrose.... dextrose is just cheaper. and the price of rice is on the rise...

#128 joecanada777

joecanada777

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:31 PM

Yes. I sell all of those beers and about 400 others...
. And Karmeliet kills it.

Ok plug time for u... Whats Ur business?
And what other belgians u carry?

QUOTE(queen_canuck_fan)
cuz when I saw you outside in the bushes, by length I would have guessed 11...

QUOTE(Whiskey7 @ Apr 19 2007, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is done in almost every sport, in every league, for a great player who has an "oooooo" sound in his name. I'm always a bit surprised when people don't pick up on it, and announcers on TV have to clarify for those at home.

#129 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:39 PM

Beer at the end of the day is Barley, Hopps, Water, and Yeast , and they are the 4 basic food groups as I am concerned.

I'll take an ice cold Grolsch over any other beer these days.

Edited by IamCANADIAN013, 09 October 2011 - 11:35 AM.

#130 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:45 PM

I just want to take a moment and say how amazing it is that such a ridiculous original post turned into a fascinating discussion on beer varieties. Especially here on CDC. Quite refreshing.

I just started learning stove top brewing last year and can already tell its the kind of thing I'll always need to improve upon. So many possibilities. Incidentally, I have a German friend in Berlin who is actually getting a university degree in beer brewing. They take it really seriously over there. Far as I know, there's no equivalent to that level of craftsmanship here in Canada (not to say there aren't any good beers, just that I haven't heard of anyone studying for 3 or 4 years in advance).

#131 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:00 AM

I just want to take a moment and say how amazing it is that such a ridiculous original post turned into a fascinating discussion on beer varieties. Especially here on CDC. Quite refreshing.

I just started learning stove top brewing last year and can already tell its the kind of thing I'll always need to improve upon. So many possibilities. Incidentally, I have a German friend in Berlin who is actually getting a university degree in beer brewing. They take it really seriously over there. Far as I know, there's no equivalent to that level of craftsmanship here in Canada (not to say there aren't any good beers, just that I haven't heard of anyone studying for 3 or 4 years in advance).

A good friend of mine is the brewmaster at a Vancouver area brewery. He did his degree at the University of Edinburgh.

If you haven't I recommend picking up:

http://ecx.images-am...7YL._SX300_.jpg

Posted Image

Edited by Lonny Bohonos, 09 October 2011 - 12:02 AM.

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#132 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,656 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:41 AM

Fan-Tastic! Thanks for the recommendation Lonny. That also reminded me that I've had a Chapters giftcard sitting in a drawer since my birthday in May, so I know where I'm headed tomorrow.

#133 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:57 AM

seriously why are still talking about this??

#134 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:38 AM

seriously why are still talking about this??

Beer is critical to civilization.

Logic at its finest.

#135 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,719 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by Dogbyte, 10 October 2011 - 04:40 PM.

There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#136 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,382 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:54 PM

new sponsors every year...if this is league wide...great for the NHL. That must have been one hell of a sponsorship deal. If you drink beer, you will end up buying budweiser soon enough...you will then probably get to enjoy the taste and associate it with the Canucks. You will then go buy a budweiser to watch a game at home to simulate the game experience of Rogers Arena.

yup...basic consumer behaviour and product association. same with pepsi.
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#137 diehard1973

diehard1973

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:15 PM

Bud does use rice as an adjunct. Most American Panther-Piss does. They say it 'smooths' the product out. Makes a crappy product taste like a watered-down crappy product!

Those who condemn the past are those who are condemned to repeat it!

<beaniebabies>

I WOULD ASK, "WOULD YOU LIKE SOME CHEESE WITH THAT WHINE?" IF I COULD. ALAS, THE IRISH CAN'T MAKE WHINE OUT OF POTATOES OR WHISKEY...

</bettmansbitches>

#138 derpdaderrrr

derpdaderrrr

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:47 AM

new sponsors every year...if this is league wide...great for the NHL. That must have been one hell of a sponsorship deal. If you drink beer, you will end up buying budweiser soon enough...you will then probably get to enjoy the taste and associate it with the Canucks. You will then go buy a budweiser to watch a game at home to simulate the game experience of Rogers Arena.

Nope. League sponsor is Molson-Coors. Canucks' sponsor is Labatt.

Not sure about "get to enjoy taste and associate it with the Canucks" part... I'll see if it works with my Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.... now THAT is a tasty beer that I can associate with Hockey...

#139 tcatt

tcatt

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

Not sure if this has already been mentioned... I'm pretty sure Kokanee is a Labbatt product these days.

Edited by tcatt, 11 October 2011 - 01:53 PM.

#140 Wh!stler R!der

Wh!stler R!der

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:11 PM

So is this Budwieser deal league wide or in just some arenas? I just find it funny that we have decent beer GIB and Molson in this city yet we don't have it in our own hockey arena??? Money talks but come on!
This city deserves a championship. This is the best era in Canucks history, keep bleeding blue n green always!
Win it for Ripper, Luc and Demo.

#141 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:46 PM

So is this Budwieser deal league wide or in just some arenas? I just find it funny that we have decent beer GIB and Molson in this city yet we don't have it in our own hockey arena??? Money talks but come on!

BEER TEAMS

Labatt Breweries of Canada may have lost out on its bid for the rights to sponsor the NHL, but on Tuesday it announced it had scored new deals for sponsoring three of the league's Canadian teams, including its newest club and the Stanley Cup finalist. Here's a breakdown of the brewery-team matchups:

Labatt: Winnipeg Jets, Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames

Molson: Edmonton Oilers, Toronto Maple Leafs, Ottawa Senators, Montreal Canadiens
CDC is a reflection of society.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#142 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,683 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

I am certainly a 1%er in terms of most beer drank and I still haven't had even one Budweiser. If I want a beer I will walk eight sections over to grab a Kokanee.

If I am in a hurry or they run out of Kokanee I Keith's is OK in a pinch.

I can't beleive that with eight pages nobody complained that they not only made the beer crappier but also smaller and more expensive (16 ounces at 8$ = 0.50 an ounce, 12 ounces at 7.50 = 0.625 and ounce, i.e. a massive 25% increase).

They did acheive their goal though, it often results in me not having any beer at all. More money for me though I can't help but notice the radical run on the fans through vicious prices and playing only the corporate card means that if I decide I don't even want to go to the game it's not like there's a huge clamour for tickets even any more!

But despite all this what I don't get is why it's 99% bud everywhere. It's freaking labatt why not have some Labatt blue? Why not a few more locations that sell Kokanee (heck, make a bud zone downstairs for premium, and then make the current Bud zone upstairs the Kokanee zone (where it could be the beer up here), market both products, and provide some variety somewhere other than 308? Heck, just having a variety stand every 8 sections or so would allow them to have a variety of Labatts products, market their whole line, and still have an overwhelming bud vibe to the building if that's what they are keen to do.

But rest assured, even in my keenest moment for a beer, I ain't drinking a budweiser. If a bud girl comes down, sits and my lap, and offers me one, I will tell her to leave and take that pisswater with her.

#143 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

You have no taste or are extremely inexperienced in Canadian beer if you think that mass produced swill is the best available.

Other than micro-brews, OK Springs is probably the best. Keith's and Rickard's aren't bad though.

Got duped by a vintage thread.

Edited by Champions of Nothing, 24 January 2012 - 04:25 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#144 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

What is Bettman getting vengeance for exactly?
"Suck it Phaneuf" -Scott Hartnell
The poster formerly known as "CAPSLOCK"
Posted Image

#145 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,909 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

Molson taste like water. Budweiser taste like water mixed with beer. (Drinkable)

Stella taste like :towel:

Edited by warmplate, 24 January 2012 - 04:51 PM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#146 JamesTW

JamesTW

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

Maudite, La Fin Du Monde, Lambics and trappistes etc are fine beer and can usually be purchased for a few bucks each.

Edited by JamesTW, 24 January 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#147 Magikal

Magikal

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,516 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

I will never buy a beer at a hockey game again. There is never any good selection and the prices are just plain stupid. Anyone drinking beer at a hockey game is just stupid.

Just bring a flask of your favorite drink like most of us and put it in your girlfriends purse so they can't search and find it ;)

You want a nice beer? Try Black Bute. A bit hard to find in BC but definitely worth it if you love porter.
Posted Image
Credit to Lahey.

October1st,2013. #HistoryWillBeMade

#148 Sonar64

Sonar64

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

update end of Season later, Bud in all Rogers Arena, but you can get a 16 oz Molsen Canadian for $6.50 at Jobbing.com Arena/Phoenix Coyotes. Whats up with that?

#149 Odjickwillkillyou

Odjickwillkillyou

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

We get Labatt's and no other Canadian beers at Stars games. And it is only when Canadian teams are in town.

"Just cause I am from Cali does not mean I am not a Canuck. We are all Canucks!"

Special thanks to Marleau 12 for the siggy...

"Gino's got the Zaaaaaaaaaaaa's"

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.