MAFIA: GAME 11
"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse." - Don Vito Corleone, The Godfather
Hey folks, welcome back to the return of Mafia: The Game, where Game 11 will be started shortly hereafter. Carrying the name from various games prior, we will be playing under the name Mafia: The Game where the residents reside on an Online forum known as CDC. Basically, Mafia is a game that is played over a few days. People are needed to sign-up before we begin gameplay, and no one may join during a game in progress.
Mafia is a game where trusting someone is futile. Your best friend could easily be your worst enemy and that person you're pegging as part of the heartless mafia could possibly be one of the few people trying to protect you.
At the beginning of the game, after everyone participating has signed up, Private Messages [here on in referred to as PMs] will be sent out to players with Special Roles only. Each of the roles in this game will play a serious role in how Mafia unfolds.
PLEASE NOTE: ANYONE WHO DOES NOT RECEIVE A PM IS A TOWNSPERSON.
There are a few rules I'd like to go over really quickly:
1) Telling people what role you are IS NOT permitted during a game session. I, as the GM, am the only person who actually knows what you actually are so as far as everyone else knows, you're lying. Your role stays secret until I reveal it.
2) Once you've been killed off, please do not interfere with the game. Don't post in debates and loan your opinion to people (In PM or in this thread!) Respect everyone else. It's honesty policy, cause I can't catch you for whispering secrets to each other via e-mail/PM. You may still post in this thread [when you are eliminated]; however, you cannot imply anything, or say anything that may change or alter the course of the gameplay.
3) No personal attacks; it's a game, folks. Warnings will be issued when I feel on the fence with certain comments or remarks. Once I feel that sufficient warnings have been issued, suspensions from future games will be enforced.
4) Alliances and the what-not are encouraged. You trust someone enough to secretly tell them what you think through private messaging and the like? Be my guest, just watch out because you could shoot yourself in the foot and not realize it.
5) Keep your eye on the thread. If you're going to participate, you need to be at least somewhat active, and if you're a key character and I never get your message, I will spin the story and have you killed.
Definition of active: At least one post [of substance] every 36 hours, or one PM every 36 hours. Elimination due to inactivity will be enforced.
6) The number of each role is defined solely by the number of players.
7) Character roles are not based on how I know you, or your personality. Don't think that this is an advantage you can try to manipulate. All Roles are chosen by random.
GOAL OF THE GAME:
The goal of the game for the Townspeople (including the Vigilante, The Doctor [if applicable], the Sheriff and the Twinblade [if applicable]) is to eliminate all of the Mafia.
The goal of the game for the Mafia is to eliminate everyone else. If, at the end of the game, we are left with a Townsperson and a Mafioso, the Mafia will have won the game. If, at the end of the game, we are left with a Kingpin and a Townsperson, the Mafia will have won the game. If, at the end of the game, there are equal numbers between the Mafia and Townspeople, the Mafia will have won the game.
The goal of the game for the Serial Killer is to elimate everyone. If, at the end of the game, we are left with either a Townsperson or a Mafioso and a Serial Killer, the Serial Killer will have won the game.
This can get a little sticky, so watch your back.
ROUND LAYOUT (MUST READ for new players):
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
GENERAL INFORMATION (returning players):
PREVIOUS GAMES (archive):
Edited by Krazz, 22 October 2011 - 12:21 AM.