The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Game [Oratio Serenitas]

Krazz

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

MAFIA: GAME 11

Oratio Serenitas

Godfather_PK_3-RR-Xsm.jpg

"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse." - Don Vito Corleone, The Godfather

THE BEGINNING:

Hey folks, welcome back to the return of Mafia: The Game, where Game 11 will be started shortly hereafter. Carrying the name from various games prior, we will be playing under the name Mafia: The Game where the residents reside on an Online forum known as CDC. Basically, Mafia is a game that is played over a few days. People are needed to sign-up before we begin gameplay, and no one may join during a game in progress.

BASIC INTRODUCTION:

Mafia is a game where trusting someone is futile. Your best friend could easily be your worst enemy and that person you're pegging as part of the heartless mafia could possibly be one of the few people trying to protect you.

At the beginning of the game, after everyone participating has signed up, Private Messages [here on in referred to as PMs] will be sent out to players with Special Roles only. Each of the roles in this game will play a serious role in how Mafia unfolds.

PLEASE NOTE: ANYONE WHO DOES NOT RECEIVE A PM IS A TOWNSPERSON.

THE RULES:

There are a few rules I'd like to go over really quickly:

1) Telling people what role you are IS NOT permitted during a game session. I, as the GM, am the only person who actually knows what you actually are so as far as everyone else knows, you're lying. Your role stays secret until I reveal it.

2) Once you've been killed off, please do not interfere with the game. Don't post in debates and loan your opinion to people (In PM or in this thread!) Respect everyone else. It's honesty policy, cause I can't catch you for whispering secrets to each other via e-mail/PM. You may still post in this thread [when you are eliminated]; however, you cannot imply anything, or say anything that may change or alter the course of the gameplay.

3) No personal attacks; it's a game, folks. Warnings will be issued when I feel on the fence with certain comments or remarks. Once I feel that sufficient warnings have been issued, suspensions from future games will be enforced.

4) Alliances and the what-not are encouraged. You trust someone enough to secretly tell them what you think through private messaging and the like? Be my guest, just watch out because you could shoot yourself in the foot and not realize it.

5) Keep your eye on the thread. If you're going to participate, you need to be at least somewhat active, and if you're a key character and I never get your message, I will spin the story and have you killed.

Definition of active: At least one post [of substance] every 36 hours, or one PM every 36 hours. Elimination due to inactivity will be enforced.

6) The number of each role is defined solely by the number of players.

7) Character roles are not based on how I know you, or your personality. Don't think that this is an advantage you can try to manipulate. All Roles are chosen by random.

GOAL OF THE GAME:

The goal of the game for the Townspeople (including the Vigilante, The Doctor [if applicable], the Sheriff and the Twinblade [if applicable]) is to eliminate all of the Mafia.

The goal of the game for the Mafia is to eliminate everyone else. If, at the end of the game, we are left with a Townsperson and a Mafioso, the Mafia will have won the game. If, at the end of the game, we are left with a Kingpin and a Townsperson, the Mafia will have won the game. If, at the end of the game, there are equal numbers between the Mafia and Townspeople, the Mafia will have won the game.

The goal of the game for the Serial Killer is to elimate everyone. If, at the end of the game, we are left with either a Townsperson or a Mafioso and a Serial Killer, the Serial Killer will have won the game.

This can get a little sticky, so watch your back.

ROUND LAYOUT (MUST READ for new players):

The game is played in Rounds, where in each Round, any number of players can be eliminated from the game.

A portion of the game is played behind the scenes by the Specials and they will be communicating with me through PMs.

After I have received PMs from each of the groups, I then announce it via Post on this very Thread at Nightfall. I will inform all participants of who the Mafia made a murder attempt on, who the Vigilante has decided to interrogate [and murder in the process] -- if at all -- and whether or not the Doctor was able to save said players. If the Doctor picked the right player, then the other is eliminated for that Round, and the game continues onto the next Round. If the Doctor saves the wrong player, then those players that were attacked by the Mafia and Vigilante will be eliminated from the game.

This is an example of what it will look like:

Nightfall

The town awakens to the sound of sirens. In the town square, Player A, has had his head smashed in between two golden tablets that can now no longer be located anywhere in the world. Hieroglyphics are written all around him but upon reading them they make absolutely no sense, as if the person writing them thought they knew what they were writing but were completely wrong. Yeah, this reeked of Morons, I mean Mafians.

PLAYER LIST for MAFIA: GAME 11 - ROUND 1

GM/Host:

Krazz

Total: 1

Players:

Witchcraft and Sedinery

gourmet122

Master Radishes

Mr.Empty.Pants

edler rocks

shiznak

SOB for MVP

Caboose

Sharpshooter

Kesler's Happy Dance v2.0

Rick_Rypien

VICanucksfan5551

Baldy.Auldy

Reigning-Champ

Pierre's_Monster

Venom52

Mufasa

JE14

oh captain my captain

One one two

otherwise

Total: 21 players

PM's have been sent.

For returning players, please review the section General Information to see all rule changes and/or revisions for a brief summary.

Changes of note for this game:

• The addition of the Kingpin and the Medic Kit (found under The Roles)

• Voting will not require bolding to become valid. The act of bolding is now optional.

• The inactivity time-frame has been reduced from 48 hours to 36 hours and will be strictly enforced. If you don't want to be active to play the game, don't play.

• A couple of clarifications have been made about the Medic Kit (found under Roles)

Good luck, and have fun.

Cheers,

Krazz

REMEMBER: Those of you who are playing the Townsperson role this game will not be sent a PM!

PS Last words apply to lynched players only! Those that have been killed off by Specials, keep that trap shut!

----------------------------------------

As a reminder: There is no hanging/lynching on the first night. The Specials will make their first moves.

First Nightfall: Friday, October 7, 2011 @ 12:00AM PST (~25 hours)

Second Nightfall: Saturday, October 8, 2011 @ 12:00AM PST (~49 hours)

As the sun unwraps the darkness over CDC, the townsfolk begin to rise. On this particular morning every citizen is vastly more optimistic than the weeks before. Last night's town hall meeting was widely considered a complete success, with a strong majority in agreement on an answer to the overwhelming crime problem: Find and lynch every member of the b!stard Mafian crime family. Of course the townies aren't the only ones with sugar in their coffee, as far as the Mafia are concerned these townsfolk couldn't find a rat in a thimble. Besides, any excuse for a bloodbath is a good one.

Everyone agrees: it's going to be a good week.

Let's get this party started.

Once again, everyone should be as active as possible. Doesn't have to be twenty posts a day, but try for at least two per round that contribute in some way to the ongoing discussion. I realise that's a little hard to do right off the bat, so here are some discussion points we may want to discuss:

-The Med Kit - should we track it? Should we collectively decide who should get it? Should whoever has it reveal themselves, in an attempt to form an alliance now?

-The Vigilante - what if he kills any inactive posters? First couple rounds are a crapshoot anyway - either you strike a mafia or you just off a TP that isn't contributing. Or should we just let him pick his own targets?

-Should we shun and ridicule everyone who will inevitably say "I'm TP, Sheriff investigate me"?

-Should we put together a gift basket for the Mafia, and kindly ask them to leave us alone? Do you think that will work?

At the very least, post to say hi and let us know you're active in the game.

Once again, everyone should be as active as possible. Doesn't have to be twenty posts a day, but try for at least two per round that contribute in some way to the ongoing discussion. I realise that's a little hard to do right off the bat, so here are some discussion points we may want to discuss:

-The Med Kit - should we track it? Should we collectively decide who should get it? Should whoever has it reveal themselves, in an attempt to form an alliance now?

-The Vigilante - what if he kills any inactive posters? First couple rounds are a crapshoot anyway - either you strike a mafia or you just off a TP that isn't contributing. Or should we just let him pick his own targets?

-Should we shun and ridicule everyone who will inevitably say "I'm TP, Sheriff investigate me"?

-Should we put together a gift basket for the Mafia, and kindly ask them to leave us alone? Do you think that will work?

At the very least, post to say hi and let us know you're active in the game.

The Med Kit replaces the Doctor role. Krazz randomly chooses someone to get it at the beginning of the game, and for the first night that person is protected from being killed (i.e. as though the Doc is protecting them). They must then toss it on to someone else, however. They pick two names to send to Krazz, Krazz randomly chooses one of those names, and that person will get the Med Kit for the next night.

Archived