Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GototheFlamestotheGo

Calgary Flames 2011/2012

1,670 posts in this topic

Seemed logical to open up a Calgary Flames thread for this season considering that the Flames' season opener will be this evening. As before, the rules against trolling fans from all teams is prohibited. (I give it 7 posts until it is violated though...laugh.gif)

The projected lines for the opener are as follows (as per flames.nhl.com):

PROJECTED FLAMES LINES & PAIRINGS

Alex Tanguay - David Moss - Jarome Iginla

Curtis Glencross - Olli Jokinen - Lee Stempniak

Niklas Hagman - Roman Horak - Rene Bourque

Tom Kostopoulos - Matt Stajan - Tim Jackman

Mark Giordano - Scott Hannan

Chris Butler - Jay Bouwmeester

Anton Babchuk - Cory Sarich

Miikka Kiprusoff

PROJECTED PENGUINS LINES & PAIRINGS

Steve Sullivan - Evgeni Malkin - James Neal

Chris Kunitz - Jordan Staal - Tyler Kennedy

Matt Cooke - Mark Letestu - Pascal Dupuis

Craig Adams - Joe Vitale - Arron Asham

Kris Letang - Deryk Engelland

Paul Martin - Zbynek Michalek

Matt Niskanen - Ben Lovejoy

Marc-Andre Fleury

It'll be interesting to see how the D pairings are going to work for Calgary. Hannan helps make up for the loss of Regehr and I think he will help Giordano balance out the top pairing but will Butler be able to anchor the 2nd pairing and provide the stability needed to allow Bouwmeester to jump into the play and play the offensive style that is required of him?

And how will Stajan fair on the 4th line? Will he create space for TKo and Jackman to crash the net and create havoc or will the puck constantly be turned over at the Pens' blueline?

After a LOOOOONG summer, so happy that hockey's back!

Good on ya for creating this topic

Didn't realize Stajan is down to 4th line.

Good luck to the Flames - they will need it :P

Yeah, he is definitely in Sutter's doghouse. And I don't really blame him. He had a very mediocre pre-season and got out played by Horak, even though Horak didn't get any points.

I didn't get the watch the Canucks-Pens game. How were the Pens playing? Who should we be watching for?

LOL at the Flames lineup, Sutter is drinking early ...

I'm going to predict Flames will make the playoffs and finish 8th.

Round 1 - Flames vs Canucks.

IT'S REVENGE TIME BABY FROM '04!

Yeah, he is definitely in Sutter's doghouse. And I don't really blame him. He had a very mediocre pre-season and got out played by Horak, even though Horak didn't get any points.

I didn't get the watch the Canucks-Pens game. How were the Pens playing? Who should we be watching for?

I'm going to predict Flames will make the playoffs and finish 8th.

Round 1 - Flames vs Canucks.

IT'S REVENGE TIME BABY FROM '04!

I hope for Stajan's sake he can come out of the gate and play well. Otherwise he will be the odd man out once BMo and Backlund come back.

Horak did all the little things right in pre-season even though he had no points. He's looking like a solid 2-way pivot. If he gets 20-30 points I will be very happy.

It's too bad Backlund is hurt for such a long time. He was looking pretty good.

I'm excited for Butler as well. I think him and JBo will make a very good pairing. Both are very mobile and should complement each other well.

Bring on the Pens!

oh dear, with that lineup the Flames'll burn brightly indeed :lol: frankly, Kipper needs to stand on his head for the Pens to not bury them early, b/c I don't see anyone from the Flames' centers who are capable of shutting down Geno; as well, OP is it really a smart move for your team's coach to start Moss on 1st when he has Olli on the 2nd? and why is Hagman still on the 3rd line? I would rather have Jackman get bumped up and play somewhat of a power forward type's role

frankly as evidenced in the Canucks' game vs. Pitt I believe that the Pens' wingers and DEPTH (esp. Dupuis, Cooke, Sullivan, Letestu, Vitale) will be all over the Flames, and adding that to gamebreakers like Malkin and Neal the Flames could be in tough unless Miikka holds down the fort, otherwise it could be a blowout

brian-gordon-green-red-candle-with-smoke-curling-up-from-the-wick-after-being-blown-out.jpg

oh dear, with that lineup the Flames'll burn brightly indeed :lol: frankly, Kipper needs to stand on his head for the Pens to not bury them early, b/c I don't see anyone from the Flames' centers who are capable of shutting down Geno; as well, OP is it really a smart move for your team's coach to start Moss on 1st when he has Olli on the 2nd? and why is Hagman still on the 3rd line? I would rather have Jackman get bumped up and play somewhat of a power forward type's role

frankly as evidenced in the Canucks' game vs. Pitt I believe that the Pens' wingers and DEPTH (esp. Dupuis, Cooke, Sullivan, Letestu, Vitale) will be all over the Flames, and adding that to gamebreakers like Malkin and Neal the Flames could be in tough unless Miikka holds down the fort, otherwise it could be a blowout

You are in trouble as an organization if any one of those centres, including B-Mo, are your #1 guy. At least there is some youth starting to sneak into Sutter's line-up.

It looks like another year of early tee times for the Flames, to me.

towel.gif2e6c8lc.png

They have no depth at center eh? Like if Jokinen were to go down they're really left with no one good.

Gonna be an interesting season for them. I heard they're gonna lighten Kiprusoff's load this year. About time.

Getting exposed by one of the better teams in the league, not a surprise. Have fun flames fans....again

Slow and old again this year... it really is just the Blackhawks for us, nowadays.

Am I looking at the box score right? The Flames only have 9 shots all game and it's the third period?

When the Flames realize a rebuild is necesarry then I will respect them.