Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GototheFlamestotheGo

Calgary Flames 2011/2012

1,670 posts in this topic

its pronounced Nai-yell.. fai-yell for nail? :blink:

Ottawa will land Nail, likely.

Will probably trade Spezza. Eventually.

Calgary will inevitably finish mid-pack, but out, actually.

Okily-dokily?

It's spelled "it's". That's of far more importance on a message board, where nobody is actually speaking.

Besides, even out loud, it sounds pretty similar to me.

Anyone wish Calgary was better?? Kinda wish it was Cowtown will Hall and Eberle rather than Edmonton lol

The rivalry was much better when the standings/playoff sports were in the conversation.

Iginla looks slow now, but he'll likely pick it up in November again and everything will be fine.

Anyone wish Calgary was better?? Kinda wish it was Cowtown will Hall and Eberle rather than Edmonton lol

The rivalry was much better when the standings/playoff sports were in the conversation.

flames fans on calgarypuck not happy at all with the Canucks getting David Booth, on top of being shutout by the preds on home ice and the Canucks winning, not a good time to be a flames fan

Never thought I would say this, but I actually kind of feel sorry for Lames fans right now....

Moss has finally been taken off the top line (thank GOD!!!) and the OMG (Olli-Moss-Glenny) line has been reunited. And it looks like Stempniak and Bourque are on the same line now, which might mean that Bourque will return to playing LW, something he hasn't done in a couple of seasons. Interesting but obvious changes after a very poor start to the season. The center depth is horrendous. Who knew losing a sophmore center can affect the team THIS much!

If Calgary could get a guy like Paul Gaustad, someone who is solid on faceoffs and can penalty kill, that would be a real boon for this team. It's tough to play a puck posession style if you can't win the faceoffs and are constantly chasing.

Bumping this because it seems everyone else wants to contribute in last year's thread

That should be renamed the Calgary Flames trollfest thread and this can be the discussion thread. If only there were more of us Flames fans on here...looks like I'm the only one left...sad.gif

How about that Miikka Kiprusoff? He's had a very strong start so far and I would say atleast 2 out of the 4 wins has been solely because of him. Been hung out to dry so far but he's performed very well! The rest of the team needs to follow suit and fast. The Canucks are going to be one helluva fight!

The Calgary Flames are the most irrelevant NHL team in Canada.

Moss has finally been taken off the top line (thank GOD!!!) and the OMG (Olli-Moss-Glenny) line has been reunited. And it looks like Stempniak and Bourque are on the same line now, which might mean that Bourque will return to playing LW, something he hasn't done in a couple of seasons. Interesting but obvious changes after a very poor start to the season. The center depth is horrendous. Who knew losing a sophmore center can affect the team THIS much!

If Calgary could get a guy like Paul Gaustad, someone who is solid on faceoffs and can penalty kill, that would be a real boon for this team. It's tough to play a puck posession style if you can't win the faceoffs and are constantly chasing.

You are a good poster GototheFlames, but there are no Flames fans here probably because no one actually talks hockey here anymore.

Its just "Lames suck", "Flames are irrelevant"...

I've been around here for a few years now, and the guys that used to come in and talk hockey do not even pop in.

I'll wait for the "you are on CDC, what do you expect?" comments oh and probably a gem from CanucksfoLife

You are a good poster GototheFlames, but there are no Flames fans here probably because no one actually talks hockey here anymore.

Its just "Lames suck", "Flames are irrelevant"...

I've been around here for a few years now, and the guys that used to come in and talk hockey do not even pop in.

I'll wait for the "you are on CDC, what do you expect?" comments oh and probably a gem from CanucksfoLife

Canucks fans, How has the Canucks blueline been after Ehrhoff's departure? Has it affected the breakout and blueline offensive presence as much as people predicted? Has there been a single player who has stepped in yet to fill the void?

I ask because Calgary also lost a long time Dman in Regehr during the off-season and I can tell you, the Flames blueline has become buttery soft! Crease battles especially are constantly lost due to the lack of pure strength and force. Giordano has stepped up a little but the JBo-Butler pairing has been quite soft.

Consider this pre-game scouting for the first Flames-Canucks matchup of the season...tongue.gif