Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GototheFlamestotheGo

Calgary Flames 2011/2012

Oh...missed that essential point.

If you wear a Canucks shirt to a Flames game not featuring the Canucks, it doesn't matter how kind and respectable you act, you'll still be a douche deserving of a beat down.

I'm a douche for wanting to support my team? :huh: I was planning on wearing it under a zip up hoodie and not even saying anything about the nucks unless someone else brought it up. Whatever, wearing it anyway.

Thanks for the advice everyone :) I'd try those Heroin Beers but I'm about 20 days away from legal drinking :/ next time I come back I'll try em.

It would make more sense to support your team when they are playing no?

It'd be like me wearing my #17 Kurri jersey to a Canucks vs San Jose game. The only thing worse would be an Esks jersey, not even hockey related.

/\

That's just it - there's no reason for it, other than trying to stir the pot.

You say it's to "support my team", who isn't even playing, by wearing their shirt under a zip-up hoodie? And not mention them at all? How does that even make sense?

If you want to be pro-Flames for your family, but don't want to dish out for Flames merch, just wear a plain, red T-shirt. That will show solidarity for the evening, and as a Canucks fan you won't have to light it in effigy after the game.

I'm a douche for wanting to support my team? :huh: I was planning on wearing it under a zip up hoodie and not even saying anything about the nucks unless someone else brought it up. Whatever, wearing it anyway.

Thanks for the advice everyone :) I'd try those Heroin Beers but I'm about 20 days away from legal drinking :/ next time I come back I'll try em.

It would make more sense to support your team when they are playing no?

It'd be like me wearing my #17 Kurri jersey to a Canucks vs San Jose game. The only thing worse would be an Esks jersey, not even hockey related.

If I saw you wearing a Kurri jersey, I'd say "hey, nice jersey!" I dunno why some people have such a problem with it....you are at a hockey game, wear your hockey jersey!

How was the parade down the dead mile after being in a playoff spot for the first time since 2009? (Albeit tied with Los Angeles)

How was the parade down the dead mile after being in a playoff spot for the first time since 2009? (Albeit tied with Los Angeles)

I just find it...odd...watching a game and seeing a jeresy in the stands for a team not playing.

Tho I wouldn't find it weird if I saw a Sask Roughriders jersey, them are just strange fans :lol:

Oh and what if it was my # 11 Messier (Oilers) jersey? lol - body punches only please :lol:

Honestly man, all you do is make yourself look bad here surrounded by a lot of classy Canuck fans.

The Red Mile was one of the most spontaneous and positive public celebrations in sport. The exact right atmosphere of Mardi Gras, exuberance and respect for public property. It was something that will probably never be repeated.

But hey, I like how you continue to exude the negative energy around the Canucks. If they don't win the Cup this year again, don't ask why, just look in the mirror.

I don't care what people wear to games, it is a free country. The Dome has always filled with Leaf fans who chant for their team every time they visit. Been like that since the team came to Calgary in 1980. Edmonton fans invade the Dome too and they are also very loud, go for it.

Anyway, I don't care if a Canucks fans wears their jersey non-stop in Calgary to everything including their own wedding. Up to them, looks a little odd sometimes but hey, free country. Calgary is used to seeing it, strikes me as looking for attention at a game where the Canucks are not even playing but whatever, that's just an opinion.

T-shirts are fine because hey, it could be wash day but a jersey is usually the thing you want to wear at a game when the team is playing, no?

Honestly man, all you do is make yourself look bad here surrounded by a lot of classy Canuck fans. The Red Mile was one of the most spontaneous and positive public celebrations in sport. The exact right atmosphere of Mardi Gras, exuberance and respect for public property. It was something that will probably never be repeated. But hey, I like how you continue to exude the negative energy around the Canucks. If they don't win the Cup this year again, don't ask why, just look in the mirror. I don't care what people wear to games, it is a free country. The Dome has always filled with Leaf fans who chant for their team every time they visit. Been like that since the team came to Calgary in 1980. Edmonton fans invade the Dome too and they are also very loud, go for it. Anyway, I don't care if a Canucks fans wears their jersey non-stop in Calgary to everything including their own wedding. Up to them, looks a little odd sometimes but hey, free country. Calgary is used to seeing it, strikes me as looking for attention at a game where the Canucks are not even playing but whatever, that's just an opinion. T-shirts are fine because hey, it could be wash day but a jersey is usually the thing you want to wear at a game when the team is playing, no?

Ok i edited my post.

I did not think it was fair to talk about Calgary, Mullets, Camaro loving culture tonight.

I realize today was a tough day for flames fans.

Keep you chin up Flames fans, maybe at least you can get a decent draft choice this year. You are always welcome to put away your flames sweaters and put on NUCKs team Jersey for the post season.

We welcome you to our Canucks team. Don't worry it will feel awkward at first cheering for Van City but after a couple of playoff round wins you will get the hang of it.

There is a lots of room on the ORCA.

So if the Canucks don't win the cup this year we can blame Canuck-fo-life because of his negative posts on CDC? Groovy.

And if the Flames don't win, or make the playoffs, which poster should get the blame?

Uuuh, you cant be serious?? The Canucks entire playoff run last year was a party downtown every win, and since Vancouver's a bigger city, we had more people, calgary had one street, Vancouver had all of downtown packed partying, plus 4 or 5 suburbs had streets closed down by police cause of Canucks fans celebrating wins. I was downtown a few times and met Americans who said they never saw anything like it. Nice try though

Easily the worst game of the season tonight. Worse even than the Boston Massacre game. The Flames completely abandoned Kipper tonight and every single skater looked weak.

Simply not a team that showed up to play and the Oilers made them pay because of it. You perform like that you don't deserve to be in the playoffs, simple as that.