Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 6 votes

Calgary Flames 2011/2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1668 replies to this topic

#841 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,152 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

Look at you B)

It's fine wearing Canucks shirts, but it's gonna be Flames and the Oilers tonight, not the Canucks.

Oh...missed that essential point.

If you wear a Canucks shirt to a Flames game not featuring the Canucks, it doesn't matter how kind and respectable you act, you'll still be a douche deserving of a beat down.

PBF020-Skub.gif

#842 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,804 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

Oh...missed that essential point.

If you wear a Canucks shirt to a Flames game not featuring the Canucks, it doesn't matter how kind and respectable you act, you'll still be a douche deserving of a beat down.

I'm a douche for wanting to support my team? :huh: I was planning on wearing it under a zip up hoodie and not even saying anything about the nucks unless someone else brought it up. Whatever, wearing it anyway.

Thanks for the advice everyone :) I'd try those Heroin Beers but I'm about 20 days away from legal drinking :/ next time I come back I'll try em.

zuhwS.gif

#843 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

I'm a douche for wanting to support my team? :huh: I was planning on wearing it under a zip up hoodie and not even saying anything about the nucks unless someone else brought it up. Whatever, wearing it anyway.

Thanks for the advice everyone :) I'd try those Heroin Beers but I'm about 20 days away from legal drinking :/ next time I come back I'll try em.

It would make more sense to support your team when they are playing no?

It'd be like me wearing my #17 Kurri jersey to a Canucks vs San Jose game. The only thing worse would be an Esks jersey, not even hockey related.
CDC is a reflection of society.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#844 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,804 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

It'd be like me wearing my #17 Kurri jersey to a Canucks vs San Jose game. The only thing worse would be an Esks jersey, not even hockey related.

I tried to get tickets for the CGY-VAN game a while ago, but it was sold out. I've seen lots of people wear team's jerseys that aren't playing, even more in the team's shirts. Nothing really wrong with it. If it helps, I'll be pro-Calgary in the game (my cousins are from Calgary so I have to be on their side :P )

zuhwS.gif

#845 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,152 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

/\
That's just it - there's no reason for it, other than trying to stir the pot.

You say it's to "support my team", who isn't even playing, by wearing their shirt under a zip-up hoodie? And not mention them at all? How does that even make sense?

If you want to be pro-Flames for your family, but don't want to dish out for Flames merch, just wear a plain, red T-shirt. That will show solidarity for the evening, and as a Canucks fan you won't have to light it in effigy after the game.

Edited by D-Money, 21 February 2012 - 04:34 PM.

PBF020-Skub.gif

#846 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

Legal age is 18 in Alberta yo

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#847 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

If I saw you wearing a Kurri jersey, I'd say "hey, nice jersey!" I dunno why some people have such a problem with it....you are at a hockey game, wear your hockey jersey!
Posted Image

#848 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

If I saw you wearing a Kurri jersey, I'd say "hey, nice jersey!" I dunno why some people have such a problem with it....you are at a hockey game, wear your hockey jersey!

I just find it...odd...watching a game and seeing a jeresy in the stands for a team not playing.

Tho I wouldn't find it weird if I saw a Sask Roughriders jersey, them are just strange fans :lol:

Oh and what if it was my # 11 Messier (Oilers) jersey? lol - body punches only please :lol:

Edited by lateralus, 21 February 2012 - 04:50 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#849 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,804 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

Legal age is 18 in Alberta yo

It is?

edit: Woop! It is! I like Alberta a bit better suddenly :)

Edited by Niloc009, 21 February 2012 - 04:56 PM.

zuhwS.gif

#850 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

How was the parade down the dead mile after being in a playoff spot for the first time since 2009? (Albeit tied with Los Angeles)
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#851 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

It is?

It sure is, have fun!

Posted ImagePosted Image

#852 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

How was the parade down the dead mile after being in a playoff spot for the first time since 2009? (Albeit tied with Los Angeles)

24th time.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#853 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

I just find it...odd...watching a game and seeing a jeresy in the stands for a team not playing.

Tho I wouldn't find it weird if I saw a Sask Roughriders jersey, them are just strange fans :lol:

Oh and what if it was my # 11 Messier (Oilers) jersey? lol - body punches only please :lol:

lol I'd probably just give you a dirty look.

I was at a Nucks Wings game last season and a guy was wearing a Boston Orr jersey and he was getting tons of compliments. I didn't find it odd at all.
Posted Image

#854 Banned01

Banned01

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

Honestly man, all you do is make yourself look bad here surrounded by a lot of classy Canuck fans.

The Red Mile was one of the most spontaneous and positive public celebrations in sport. The exact right atmosphere of Mardi Gras, exuberance and respect for public property. It was something that will probably never be repeated.

But hey, I like how you continue to exude the negative energy around the Canucks. If they don't win the Cup this year again, don't ask why, just look in the mirror.

I don't care what people wear to games, it is a free country. The Dome has always filled with Leaf fans who chant for their team every time they visit. Been like that since the team came to Calgary in 1980. Edmonton fans invade the Dome too and they are also very loud, go for it.

Anyway, I don't care if a Canucks fans wears their jersey non-stop in Calgary to everything including their own wedding. Up to them, looks a little odd sometimes but hey, free country. Calgary is used to seeing it, strikes me as looking for attention at a game where the Canucks are not even playing but whatever, that's just an opinion.

T-shirts are fine because hey, it could be wash day but a jersey is usually the thing you want to wear at a game when the team is playing, no?

Edited by Banned_for_truth, 21 February 2012 - 05:12 PM.

#855 coyotecanuck

coyotecanuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

Honestly man, all you do is make yourself look bad here surrounded by a lot of classy Canuck fans.

The Red Mile was one of the most spontaneous and positive public celebrations in sport. The exact right atmosphere of Mardi Gras, exuberance and respect for public property. It was something that will probably never be repeated.

But hey, I like how you continue to exude the negative energy around the Canucks. If they don't win the Cup this year again, don't ask why, just look in the mirror.

I don't care what people wear to games, it is a free country. The Dome has always filled with Leaf fans who chant for their team every time they visit. Been like that since the team came to Calgary in 1980. Edmonton fans invade the Dome too and they are also very loud, go for it.

Anyway, I don't care if a Canucks fans wears their jersey non-stop in Calgary to everything including their own wedding. Up to them, looks a little odd sometimes but hey, free country. Calgary is used to seeing it, strikes me as looking for attention at a game where the Canucks are not even playing but whatever, that's just an opinion.

T-shirts are fine because hey, it could be wash day but a jersey is usually the thing you want to wear at a game when the team is playing, no?

So if the Canucks don't win the cup this year we can blame Canuck-fo-life because of his negative posts on CDC? Groovy.

And if the Flames don't win, or make the playoffs, which poster should get the blame?

"Who knows, the center ice ref might have had a better view than the ref 5 feet away."

#856 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

Honestly man, all you do is make yourself look bad here surrounded by a lot of classy Canuck fans. The Red Mile was one of the most spontaneous and positive public celebrations in sport. The exact right atmosphere of Mardi Gras, exuberance and respect for public property. It was something that will probably never be repeated. But hey, I like how you continue to exude the negative energy around the Canucks. If they don't win the Cup this year again, don't ask why, just look in the mirror. I don't care what people wear to games, it is a free country. The Dome has always filled with Leaf fans who chant for their team every time they visit. Been like that since the team came to Calgary in 1980. Edmonton fans invade the Dome too and they are also very loud, go for it. Anyway, I don't care if a Canucks fans wears their jersey non-stop in Calgary to everything including their own wedding. Up to them, looks a little odd sometimes but hey, free country. Calgary is used to seeing it, strikes me as looking for attention at a game where the Canucks are not even playing but whatever, that's just an opinion. T-shirts are fine because hey, it could be wash day but a jersey is usually the thing you want to wear at a game when the team is playing, no?

Uuuh, you cant be serious?? The Canucks entire playoff run last year was a party downtown every win, and since Vancouver's a bigger city, we had more people, calgary had one street, Vancouver had all of downtown packed partying, plus 4 or 5 suburbs had streets closed down by police cause of Canucks fans celebrating wins. I was downtown a few times and met Americans who said they never saw anything like it. Nice try though

This is OUR year

#857 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

Oilers are truely exposing what the Flames really are........a non-playoff team with no hope.......

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#858 ronsmith

ronsmith

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

Ok i edited my post.

I did not think it was fair to talk about Calgary, Mullets, Camaro loving culture tonight.

I realize today was a tough day for flames fans.

Keep you chin up Flames fans, maybe at least you can get a decent draft choice this year. You are always welcome to put away your flames sweaters and put on NUCKs team Jersey for the post season.

We welcome you to our Canucks team. Don't worry it will feel awkward at first cheering for Van City but after a couple of playoff round wins you will get the hang of it.

There is a lots of room on the ORCA.

Edited by ronsmith, 21 February 2012 - 09:32 PM.

#859 Banned01

Banned01

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

So if the Canucks don't win the cup this year we can blame Canuck-fo-life because of his negative posts on CDC? Groovy.

And if the Flames don't win, or make the playoffs, which poster should get the blame?

Absolutely blame fo-life - you should read the stuff he wrote last year, this year he is little Miss. Sunshine. If the Flames don't win the Cup, blame D Sutter. :lol:

Edited by Banned_for_truth, 21 February 2012 - 09:41 PM.

#860 Banned01

Banned01

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

Uuuh, you cant be serious?? The Canucks entire playoff run last year was a party downtown every win, and since Vancouver's a bigger city, we had more people, calgary had one street, Vancouver had all of downtown packed partying, plus 4 or 5 suburbs had streets closed down by police cause of Canucks fans celebrating wins. I was downtown a few times and met Americans who said they never saw anything like it. Nice try though

Not to point out the obvious here but both teams went to the 7th game SC Final and lost. Was there any difference at that point?

Anyway forget it.

#861 Banned01

Banned01

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

Easily the worst game of the season tonight. Worse even than the Boston Massacre game. The Flames completely abandoned Kipper tonight and every single skater looked weak.

Simply not a team that showed up to play and the Oilers made them pay because of it. You perform like that you don't deserve to be in the playoffs, simple as that.

#862 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,804 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

Easily the worst game of the season tonight. Worse even than the Boston Massacre game. The Flames completely abandoned Kipper tonight and every single skater looked weak.

Simply not a team that showed up to play and the Oilers made them pay because of it. You perform like that you don't deserve to be in the playoffs, simple as that.

Agreed. I haven't watched many Calgary Flames games this year, but that was literally one of the worst performances I've ever seen.

Absolutely no hustle from any Calgary player. Kiprusoff was the only good player, didn't deserve the hook. Defencemen were a no show. From the opening faceoff there were odd-man rushes all night long.

Offence was nowhere to be found either. They had what? 20 shots? I'm honestly surprised they had that many. Every time a forward got the puck, one of 3 things happened. 1) A pass was made, and it was fumbled. 2) a shot was taken, and it hit the side of the net or the boards. 3) They gave it away to an Oiler skater.

By the end of the game, there were way more Oiler fans in the rink than there were Flames ones. They gave out reusable shopping bags at the beginning of the game, and after the game, at least 25 were laying on the ice surface, thrown by unhappy fans. And I can't blame them.

zuhwS.gif

#863 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

Hi! I just wanna say I'm gonna enjoy watching the Flames and the 5 other teams battle to the death to get the 8th spot and be feasted upon by the Canucks.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#864 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

To add to the fire, Butler is out with a lower body injury.

Great

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#865 JoeyBats

JoeyBats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

Posted Image

Your stupid
Your dum

#866 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,964 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

I had a feeling the Flames were due for a letdown game, so I put money on the Oilers to win. Just didn't think it was going to be this much of a letdown. Although I'm not complaining.
Posted Image

#867 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,156 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

The Flames have been a pleasant surprise getting themselves into contention - of course they have some solid veterans so it is not shocking when they come up with a few good wins, but they obviously don't have the depth to handle any injuries at all (and at this time of the season the going gets rougher, and guys get tired...a bad combination) - having to over-ride your aging horses is going to catch up with them... It would be even more shocking if they managed to sustain their pace - a young, fleet team like Edmonton was not what the doctor ordered, but perhaps they should take note... Hopefully Feaster's decision to "make a run" doesn't come up just short, AND prevent them from making the moves they probably should get around to, in order to retool their team for the future. This seems to be a perenial catch-22...

#868 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:01 AM

Real tough game for the Flames, with an injury to boot.

Oilers - why oh why can't you play like this every night?
Ok maybe even 1/2 the nights?

Nice to see Smyth pot one on his bday.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#869 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,219 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

Hey who is going to replace Butler and his experience of holding the worst plus minus in a game? wont even make a difference looks like the flames are going to be crashing down to the bottom of the standings but for my sake finish 9th overall losing out on the playoffs because of this game 6-1 LOL. But on topic I believe the flames should try and get some picks at the upcoming trade deadline might help them in the future but it looks like they dont really care about the future. :bigblush:
GO Canucks GO

#870 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

With the draft being thin this year, the flames again wont have a top 10 draft pick, in an already thin pool or prospects. Getting into 8th and being humiliated by the Canucks or Wings isnt a step forward, its a huge step back. The fact Feaster or Sutter or whoever in that organization thinks this team can get to the playoffs and do something is on crack. I hate the flames, the city, everything, but im speaking as a hockey fan here, and this team is in for a rough future, even worse than these last 3 years.

The Canucks went through this, but only for one season, and changed things around in 2006, have missed the playoffs only once since then, and have now fresh off a Cup finals appearance, with another good shot this season.

At what point do people higher up in this organization change things for the better??? Bringing back useless garbage like jokinen,tanguay and camalleri isnt going to do much. Why the hell would they bring these guys back anyway??? It didnt work the first time and it sure as hell isnt gonna work this time. Ive never seen any other team bring back the amount of players from before like calgary has, ever.

I already know many flames fans who have given up their season tickets and have stopped watching their games (great fans you have there).

Its to the point now where if I was in charge, id trade players for picks and bring up younger guys from the farm, that way you could build and actually challenge for a spot way higher in the standings 3-4 years down the road. Pittsburgh and Chicago are prime examples of that. Although I dont think calgary would be able to find a Toews,Crosby or Kane in the drafts ahead, but still you get the point.

This is OUR year

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.