#61 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,783 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:46 AM

its pronounced Nai-yell.. fai-yell for nail? :blink:

It's spelled "it's". That's of far more importance on a message board, where nobody is actually speaking.

Besides, even out loud, it sounds pretty similar to me.
Posted Image

#62 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,687 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:22 AM

Ottawa will land Nail, likely.

Will probably trade Spezza. Eventually.

Calgary will inevitably finish mid-pack, but out, actually.

Okily-dokily?
Posted Image

#63 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:05 PM

easy 1st round opponents for us

Posted Image

#64 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:08 PM

easy 1st round opponents for us

Anyone can Cinderella, but I don't really think they'll make the playoffs this year.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#65 #1Luongo06

#1Luongo06

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:50 AM

It's spelled "it's". That's of far more importance on a message board, where nobody is actually speaking.

Besides, even out loud, it sounds pretty similar to me.

I dont care abt spelling if your coming up with a loser tank slogan at least have it rhyme. "It's" pronounced Nai-yell or Nai-yeel Yakupov. But please keep on going with your witty responses.

Edited by #1Luongo06, 21 October 2011 - 06:50 AM.

#66 JoeyBats

JoeyBats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:02 AM

Anyone wish Calgary was better?? Kinda wish it was Cowtown will Hall and Eberle rather than Edmonton lol
The rivalry was much better when the standings/playoff sports were in the conversation.

Your stupid
Your dum

#67 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,687 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:06 AM

Iginla looks slow now, but he'll likely pick it up in November again and everything will be fine.
Posted Image

#68 MashedBananas

MashedBananas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,671 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:08 AM

Anyone wish Calgary was better?? Kinda wish it was Cowtown will Hall and Eberle rather than Edmonton lol
The rivalry was much better when the standings/playoff sports were in the conversation.

I kinda do. We had a great rivalry with Calgary, but thanks to a GM named Sutter, that rivalry is all but dead at the moment.
Posted Image

Sig Credit goes to Henrik Sedin

#69 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:23 PM

flames fans on calgarypuck not happy at all with the Canucks getting David Booth, on top of being shutout by the preds on home ice and the Canucks winning, not a good time to be a flames fan
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#70 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,687 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:16 PM

Is it ever?
Posted Image

#71 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,536 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:50 PM

Never thought I would say this, but I actually kind of feel sorry for Lames fans right now....

Edited by Rypien37, 23 October 2011 - 03:53 PM.

Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#72 GototheFlamestotheGo

GototheFlamestotheGo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:37 PM

Moss has finally been taken off the top line (thank GOD!!!) and the OMG (Olli-Moss-Glenny) line has been reunited. And it looks like Stempniak and Bourque are on the same line now, which might mean that Bourque will return to playing LW, something he hasn't done in a couple of seasons. Interesting but obvious changes after a very poor start to the season. The center depth is horrendous. Who knew losing a sophmore center can affect the team THIS much!

If Calgary could get a guy like Paul Gaustad, someone who is solid on faceoffs and can penalty kill, that would be a real boon for this team. It's tough to play a puck posession style if you can't win the faceoffs and are constantly chasing.

Edited by GototheFlamestotheGo, 24 October 2011 - 07:37 PM.

#73 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:29 AM

Bumping this because it seems everyone else wants to contribute in last year's thread
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#74 GototheFlamestotheGo

GototheFlamestotheGo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:55 PM

That should be renamed the Calgary Flames trollfest thread and this can be the discussion thread. If only there were more of us Flames fans on here...looks like I'm the only one left...Posted Image

How about that Miikka Kiprusoff? He's had a very strong start so far and I would say atleast 2 out of the 4 wins has been solely because of him. Been hung out to dry so far but he's performed very well! The rest of the team needs to follow suit and fast. The Canucks are going to be one helluva fight!

#75 Mighty Chin

Mighty Chin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:29 AM

The Calgary Flames are the most irrelevant NHL team in Canada.
No advertising please.

#76 J-Bo09

J-Bo09

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:13 AM

The Calgary Flames are the most irrelevant NHL team in Canada.

2 points behind the mighty Canucks with two games in hand....

It's funny every few months a new Canuck poster likes to come on and insult the Flames, CalgaryPuck, talk about how we are irrelevant, but here you are talking about them non-stop.

Fact is the Flames will never be irrelevant to the Canucks and vice versa. Same with Oilers vs Flames etc.

You think TO and MTL will ever be irrelevant to each other?

#77 J-Bo09

J-Bo09

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:17 AM

Moss has finally been taken off the top line (thank GOD!!!) and the OMG (Olli-Moss-Glenny) line has been reunited. And it looks like Stempniak and Bourque are on the same line now, which might mean that Bourque will return to playing LW, something he hasn't done in a couple of seasons. Interesting but obvious changes after a very poor start to the season. The center depth is horrendous. Who knew losing a sophmore center can affect the team THIS much!

If Calgary could get a guy like Paul Gaustad, someone who is solid on faceoffs and can penalty kill, that would be a real boon for this team. It's tough to play a puck posession style if you can't win the faceoffs and are constantly chasing.

You are a good poster GototheFlames, but there are no Flames fans here probably because no one actually talks hockey here anymore.

Its just "Lames suck", "Flames are irrelevant"...

I've been around here for a few years now, and the guys that used to come in and talk hockey do not even pop in.

I'll wait for the "you are on CDC, what do you expect?" comments oh and probably a gem from CanucksfoLife

Edited by J-Bo09, 30 October 2011 - 09:18 AM.

#78 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:50 AM

You are a good poster GototheFlames, but there are no Flames fans here probably because no one actually talks hockey here anymore.

I've been around here for a few years now, and the guys that used to come in and talk hockey do not even pop in.

I'll wait for the "you are on CDC, what do you expect?" comments oh and probably a gem from CanucksfoLife

I can't speak for anyone else but I stopped coming around because the thread dedicated to your team became over-run with pathetic trolls. It's honestly embarrassing IMO. But what can you or I expect, this is CDC! ;) This place certainly doesn't have a sparkling reputation when it comes to well-thought, level-headed discussion. I will rarely go into Canucks Talk after a loss anymore, it's that bad......probably pretty funny for you guys though.
Posted Image

#79 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

I would talk Flames with you but I actually haven't watched a game of theirs this season yet.

#80 GototheFlamestotheGo

GototheFlamestotheGo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:08 PM

Canucks fans, How has the Canucks blueline been after Ehrhoff's departure? Has it affected the breakout and blueline offensive presence as much as people predicted? Has there been a single player who has stepped in yet to fill the void?

I ask because Calgary also lost a long time Dman in Regehr during the off-season and I can tell you, the Flames blueline has become buttery soft! Crease battles especially are constantly lost due to the lack of pure strength and force. Giordano has stepped up a little but the JBo-Butler pairing has been quite soft.

Consider this pre-game scouting for the first Flames-Canucks matchup of the season...Posted Image

#81 Mighty Chin

Mighty Chin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

2 points behind the mighty Canucks with two games in hand....

It's funny every few months a new Canuck poster likes to come on and insult the Flames, CalgaryPuck, talk about how we are irrelevant, but here you are talking about them non-stop.

Fact is the Flames will never be irrelevant to the Canucks and vice versa. Same with Oilers vs Flames etc.

You think TO and MTL will ever be irrelevant to each other?

A single Thread that trickles along slowly throughout the year is hardly Non Stop? But leave it to a Flame fan to over state their importance.

The Canucks may be relevant to the Flames but they are barely noticed by us. Sad but true.
No advertising please.

#82 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:50 AM

Canucks fans, How has the Canucks blueline been after Ehrhoff's departure? Has it affected the breakout and blueline offensive presence as much as people predicted? Has there been a single player who has stepped in yet to fill the void?

I ask because Calgary also lost a long time Dman in Regehr during the off-season and I can tell you, the Flames blueline has become buttery soft! Crease battles especially are constantly lost due to the lack of pure strength and force. Giordano has stepped up a little but the JBo-Butler pairing has been quite soft.

Consider this pre-game scouting for the first Flames-Canucks matchup of the season...Posted Image

How has Butler looked? I listened to Feaster saying on the radio that he was the key to the deal, that Butler made it a hockey deal as opposed to a salary dump.

#83 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,783 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:43 AM

Haven't really watched the Flames much at all this year. But have tickets to the game on Tuesday, so I'll have more to say later in the week.

Still think they should blow it up though. If Kipper is playing well, the best thing for the franchise would be to sell high.

Turris + Smith (+pick?)
-for-
Kiprusoff?

Edited by D-Money, 31 October 2011 - 09:43 AM.

Posted Image

#84 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:38 AM

That should be renamed the Calgary Flames trollfest thread and this can be the discussion thread. If only there were more of us Flames fans on here...looks like I'm the only one left...Posted Image

How about that Miikka Kiprusoff? He's had a very strong start so far and I would say atleast 2 out of the 4 wins has been solely because of him. Been hung out to dry so far but he's performed very well! The rest of the team needs to follow suit and fast. The Canucks are going to be one helluva fight!

Right here!

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#85 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,783 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:00 PM

I will say this: living in Calgary, and rubbing shoulders with fans, I think a poor season this year will be twice as painful as the past few, due to the sudden success of their rivals.

Even if Edmonton doesn't make the playoffs, all signs point to them being really good, really soon. And all signs point to the Flames not being able to contend for at least half a decade. That's gotta hurt!
Posted Image

#86 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:06 PM

Not going to judge the Flames too harshly until Backlund returns and makes an impact. With how their centre depth is he could be a hugely important cog once he gets back on track.

The defense looks to be a mess however..I wonder if Feaster will concentrate on that or the C spots (or both!) once next years off season removes a bunch of albatross contracts.

Edited by Industrious1, 31 October 2011 - 04:06 PM.

#87 GototheFlamestotheGo

GototheFlamestotheGo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

How has Butler looked? I listened to Feaster saying on the radio that he was the key to the deal, that Butler made it a hockey deal as opposed to a salary dump.

Butler started off very poorly but has started to become more consistent. He doesn't do anything especially well. He can just do everything decently. A massive downgrade from Regehr and he will most likely never reach Regehr's calibre. But, that's the cost of a salary dump unfortunately.

Haven't really watched the Flames much at all this year. But have tickets to the game on Tuesday, so I'll have more to say later in the week.

Still think they should blow it up though. If Kipper is playing well, the best thing for the franchise would be to sell high.

Turris + Smith (+pick?)
-for-
Kiprusoff?

If Calgary makes that trade, I might have to slap Feaster. Turris is a guy who can't wait to leave Phoenix and no matter what Don Maloney says, he does not want Turris bringing bad press to a franchise that is already pretty fragile. They aren't shopping him from a position of power. And Smith? He has been a really poor goalie for the past 4 years now. And at 2 million a season, he is quite overpaid for what he brings to the table. If those two players are what Phoenix would offer for Kiprusoff, you are looking at atleast a 1st round pick and possibly another pick or prospect to even things out because big-ego-underachiever Turris and Smith for a guy who has arguably been Calgary's MVP since the lockout and one of the league's most consistent goaltenders is an absolute farce.

#88 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:38 PM

Roman Horak has been a pleasant surprise. Stajan's time in Calgary is close to the end

Great trade Darryl, great trade :picard:

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#89 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:44 AM

Butler started off very poorly but has started to become more consistent. He doesn't do anything especially well. He can just do everything decently. A massive downgrade from Regehr and he will most likely never reach Regehr's calibre. But, that's the cost of a salary dump unfortunately.

Pretty hard to replace Regehr. Not too often do you get his combination of size, ability and NASTY all in one package.

#90 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,783 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:03 AM

If Calgary makes that trade, I might have to slap Feaster. Turris is a guy who can't wait to leave Phoenix and no matter what Don Maloney says, he does not want Turris bringing bad press to a franchise that is already pretty fragile. They aren't shopping him from a position of power. And Smith? He has been a really poor goalie for the past 4 years now. And at 2 million a season, he is quite overpaid for what he brings to the table. If those two players are what Phoenix would offer for Kiprusoff, you are looking at atleast a 1st round pick and possibly another pick or prospect to even things out because big-ego-underachiever Turris and Smith for a guy who has arguably been Calgary's MVP since the lockout and one of the league's most consistent goaltenders is an absolute farce.

Maybe Phoenix would include a 2nd rounder on that deal, but I doubt a 1st. Smith is just there to balance out the goalies and salary dollars.

Kipper has had a good start, but he's no longer a top-5 goalie in this league, and in some people's eyes he is barely top-10. Last year his stats were in the bottom half of the league. And at 35, his best years are likely behind him, despite carrying a 5.833 cap hit for three more years (including this one). If you can get a prospect of Turris' calibre (at a position you are currently severely lacking in for young prospects), and a mid-2nd rounder for Kipper, and only have to take back a below average goalie with 2 years at 2 mil per back...

I think that might be a good deal for the Flames. It would help your draft position too. But then again, if Kipper manages to play well for the season, the Flames would probably get more for him at the deadline - particularly if a contender gets a serious injury to their starter. But that won't likely bring in someone like Turris, who is ready to compete as a top-6 center right away.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.