1668 replies to this topic

#871 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

You can also ask Columbus how the "tanking approach" has fared with them. This is not a sure-fire thing. Yeah you'll get a high draft pick and draft a decent young player, but it's all about how you develop them.

This team is already filled with young players due to all the injuries. And kudos to them they have performed better than people expected.

When Feaster took over the reign no one expected this team to turn around in just one season. The rebuild is bound to happen sooner or later. It's just not your typical "let's tank it and hope we get a Crosby" rebuild. Feaster has subtly acquired young players like Comeau, Byron, Horak, and Butler while getting rid of older players like Langkow and Regher. The team was a mess when D. Sutter left.

Nobody plays to lose. If your GM has the mentality of not giving a crap, how would the players respond?

Personally I think Feaster has done a phenomenal job considering the status of the team when he took over.

Oh and just so you know, Calgary is top 10 among the world's most livable cities.

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#872 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

Butler out 3 weeks with laceration on his left thigh....

Glencross might be back tomorrow though!

3499h5x.jpg

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

#873 Banned01

Banned01

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

You can also ask Columbus how the "tanking approach" has fared with them. This is not a sure-fire thing. Yeah you'll get a high draft pick and draft a decent young player, but it's all about how you develop them.

This team is already filled with young players due to all the injuries. And kudos to them they have performed better than people expected.

When Feaster took over the reign no one expected this team to turn around in just one season. The rebuild is bound to happen sooner or later. It's just not your typical "let's tank it and hope we get a Crosby" rebuild. Feaster has subtly acquired young players like Comeau, Byron, Horak, and Butler while getting rid of older players like Langkow and Regher. The team was a mess when D. Sutter left.

Nobody plays to lose. If your GM has the mentality of not giving a crap, how would the players respond?

Personally I think Feaster has done a phenomenal job considering the status of the team when he took over.

Oh and just so you know, Calgary is top 10 among the world's most livable cities.

Waste of time to respond to Fo-Life - he is full of the most extreme hate I have ever seen in a Canuck fan. He actually is proud of it, like some KKK advocate. Its simply ugly and is really too bad for other Canuck fans. He certainly doesn't represent the majority of the fan base.

He isn't even aware of the long-term history of his own team and their struggles since the franchise arrived in Vancouver and attendance issues it had in previous decades.

Players like Tangs, Cammy, Joker all come back to Calgary because they want to. They like Calgary, they like the city, they like the organization etc. It is how Calgary has gotten some of the better value contracts in the NHL.

The Flames have options. They can trade out their existing players slowly, they can do the staggered rebuild that does not involve the dramatic drop to the basement which in my view should be avoided at all costs.

Ottawa has bounced this year, Florida has bounced this year and they have several players that would get them decent returns in prospects or picks and they are hardly "garbage" players, they would be players who would get good returns.

Stevie Y in TB has gone to market as a seller this year. Time will tell, I hope we sell at least one D man at the deadline because this particular market at the deadline is paying top dollar for depth D men.

Edited by Banned_for_truth, 22 February 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#874 Banned01

Banned01

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

Fun Facts: In the last 10 years the Flames have won more playoff rounds than the Washington Capitals, Columbus Blue Jackets, Thrashers, Islanders, Panthers, Coyotes, Kings, Blues, Wild and Leafs and more.

Edited by Banned_for_truth, 22 February 2012 - 05:53 PM.

#875 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

Fun Facts: In the last 10 years the Flames have won more playoff rounds than the Washington Capitals, Columbus Blue Jackets, Thrashers, Islanders, Panthers, Coyotes, Kings, Blues, Wild and Leafs and more.

Lol and if Florida makes the playoffs this year and the Leafs don't.....the Leafs will be the only team to not make the playoffs since the lockout. =)
Posted Image

#876 ronsmith

ronsmith

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

LOL as rating Comeau as a young talent. He is East Coast League Material. He is a grocery stick - ( the player that sits between forwards and d-men while never getting on the ice.......)

Edited by ronsmith, 22 February 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#877 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

LOL as rating Comeau as a young talent. He is East Coast League Material. He is a grocery stick - ( the player that sits between forwards and d-men while never getting on the ice.......)

Like the screaming child at the grocery store, if you just ignore him...he should eventually shut up. ;)
Posted Image

#878 ronsmith

ronsmith

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

Yeah Comeau reallly brings it .

LOL

This year 40 games 4 goals 7 Assists and a plus/minus of - 4

What a prospect. LOL He has played himself out of the NHL actually.

#879 ronsmith

ronsmith

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

Oops sorry

He has 56 games played with 4 goals 7 assist and a plus minus of minus 15.

ROFLMAO

#880 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

He's a year removed from a 24 goal season, and 17 goals the year before.

Don't you worry he will bounce back.

You worry about Luongo not choking

3499h5x.jpg

#881 ronsmith

ronsmith

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

Tough to bounce back when you are playing mens rec hockey in Saskatoon.

No team is going to offer Comeau money next year. He is done. He is RFA next year and a 2.5 Mil , he is going to take a cut to about 1 million. Even at that i don't see anyone wanting him.

He was at best a 20 goal guy in the Dub. No way this soft plug is going to be in the show next year.

#882 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

lol just goes to show how ignorant you really are

I will bet your allowance that he will be back with the Flames next year

3499h5x.jpg

#883 ronsmith

ronsmith

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

Yup. Bring back a 4 goal scorer. Better yet pay him 2.5 million again.

No wonder the Flames team sucks this year with the way you guys over pay for players.

#884 Banned01

Banned01

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

Yup. Bring back a 4 goal scorer. Better yet pay him 2.5 million again.

No wonder the Flames team sucks this year with the way you guys over pay for players.

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts and what is it with you and Comeau - you know the Flames got him off waivers for nothing. If he resigns next year on value, great, if not? So what not like the Flames even gave up anything for him.

The Flames paid market value for the #1 UFA with Jbo and yeah he is overpaid but that was the going price.

Kipper's contract - no regrets at all. Him and Iggy are worth their pay easy. Flames didn't create the Cammy contract, in fact Cammy would have stayed in Calgary for a million less but the Flames wouldn't pay even that, he has publicly said he would have signed for a 5 million Cap hit, not the 6 million he got in Montreal.

Tangs (3.5) / Joker (3) / GlenX (2.55) Gio (4) all these are good value.

The only contract I really have an issue with on the Flames now that Bork is gone, is Stajan's which is so bad it basically makes him immovable.

Edited by Banned_for_truth, 22 February 2012 - 09:25 PM.

#885 ronsmith

ronsmith

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

Put down the pipe. Are you serious ? The Flames have overpaid for most of their team - thus the flames suck.

Overpaid Flames

Cammalleri - 6mil 14 goals
Comeau 2.5 mil 4 goals
Stajan 3.5 mil 1 goal
Tanguay 3.5 mil - 7 goals
Blowmeister - 6.8 mil 4 goals
Babchuck 2.5 mil 0 goals

25 MILLIon bucks for 30 goals and you don't think this is overpaid.

#886 ronsmith

ronsmith

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

Cami has 29 pts and makes 6 mil

H. Sedin 64 pts and makes 6 mil
D. Sedin 61 pts and makes 6 mil

Vancouver has players with good value contracts. Flames have a poorly managed cap structure.

Iggy is a legit player and even he with 47 pts makes 7 mil. At least he shows up most nights. Too bad he qualifies for the seniors discount of Cineplex.

#887 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

Doesn't matter, we have a cup

Sleep on that junior

3499h5x.jpg

#888 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

Sleep on that junior

Stop living in the past buddy
GO Canucks GO

#889 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

He's a year removed from a 24 goal season, and 17 goals the year before.

Don't you worry he will bounce back.

You worry about Luongo not choking

no my friend we got the Schnied, luongo has proved he can get to the final round and with his experience he has gained he will be more composed me thinks..
GO Canucks GO

#890 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

Stop living in the past buddy

40 years of existence and you have done nothing

and get on you toad

3499h5x.jpg

#891 Rhinogator

Rhinogator

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

40 years of existence and you have done nothing

and get on you toad

When nux and flames fan argue it always comes down to this eh? Calgary was good in the past. Historicaly they have accomplished more, yes. Old insults lose their sharpness overtime though. Willyfox is right that non of us should live in the past, flames fans, it is perhaps time to accept that your team is poorly built. Coming back and saying you've got a cup is while once effective, isn't anymore. Man up, look at the state of your team without those rose tinted glasses. At the end of the day, I still have lots of respect for those that follow their teams through thick and thin, and defend them intelligently.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#892 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

Even renowned Flame fan Tmart on 1040 says he can't use the cup while trash talking because it's been over 20 years......and he says any Flame fan who does, looks like an idiot. I'm guessing you weren't even old enough to celebrate the cup win, RNH. ;) :P
Posted Image

#893 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:07 AM

Going to the game tonight.
Hoping it is a good one with playoff hope on the line.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#894 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

Sleep on that junior

"We"? Which position did you play on the team? Is this Mike Vernon?

That Cup is tainted, everyone knows Otto kicked that puck in against Vancouver.

A grand total of 3 series wins since then, over a 20+ year span, it's far from impressive.

The Oilers on the other hand.....now that's an impressive club. They already have more Cups than Calgary or Vancouver will win in the next 100 years.

Only a matter of time before they start kicking Calgary's ass on a regular basis.

Edited by Mustapha, 23 February 2012 - 09:30 AM.

Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#895 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

This is going in my signature....most likely the most deluded statement I have read this year.
Posted Image

#896 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,773 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:44 AM

Flames had a good run last year, but started folding once the injuries piled up. They managed to fight through a few of them, but eventually, the lack of depth got to them, and they plummeted down the standings. Unfortunately for Feaster, it all started after the trade deadline.

So...was the Oiler game just a hiccup, or a slightly earlier repeat of last year? The Phoenix and Philadelphia games should be a good indication. If Flames don't show well in the next few days, and some of the other bubble teams do, I think Feaster will be a seller on Monday.
Posted Image

#897 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

Hahaha, so this flamer that posts here gets told, and he resorts to "we have a cup", I never even followed hockey when I was that young, but I know that Otto kicked the puck in, in overtime in Game 7. If Stan Smyl had just scored on that overtime breakaway, the flames would have a much worse history than the Canucks, and I mean much worse. Your team has been past the 1st round just once in what, 22 years and counting??? Theyre not doing it this year either, or probably for the next 4. The last decade, the Canucks have had way more success than the lames.

Its hilarious, on calgarypuck, the mods dont even let any other teams fans say anything negative about the flames. You should be banned. I got banned in last years finals for saying Rome's hit was clean, which it was.

Have fun picking a team to cheer for in the playoffs yet again, cause your piece of garbage team with plugs wont be doing anything for years, and that includes your overrated captain. One of these days he's gonna get his lunch fed to him and I cant wait.

Id take Kesler and any of the Sedins over that loser, of course his only accomplishment came when Luongo was in net and had to bail him out.
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#898 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:54 PM

Hahaha, so this flamer that posts here gets told, and he resorts to "we have a cup", I never even followed hockey when I was that young, but I know that Otto kicked the puck in, in overtime in Game 7. If Stan Smyl had just scored on that overtime breakaway, the flames would have a much worse history than the Canucks, and I mean much worse. Your team has been past the 1st round just once in what, 22 years and counting??? Theyre not doing it this year either, or probably for the next 4. The last decade, the Canucks have had way more success than the lames. Its hilarious, on calgarypuck, the mods dont even let any other teams fans say anything negative about the flames. You should be banned. I got banned in last years finals for saying Rome's hit was clean, which it was. Have fun picking a team to cheer for in the playoffs yet again, cause your piece of garbage team with plugs wont be doing anything for years, and that includes your overrated captain. One of these days he's gonna get his lunch fed to him and I cant wait. Id take Kesler and any of the Sedins over that loser, of course his only accomplishment came when Luongo was in net and had to bail him out.

This is what you're like:
Posted Image
CDC is a reflection of society.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#899 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

Inb4 the lock!
Posted Image

#900 Banned01

Banned01

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

Inb4 the lock!

This thread won't lock, you have no idea what was in it last year. It was so far beyond what is in it this year that it was unreal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.