Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

Cami has 29 pts and makes 6 mil

H. Sedin 64 pts and makes 6 mil
D. Sedin 61 pts and makes 6 mil

Vancouver has players with good value contracts. Flames have a poorly managed cap structure.

Iggy is a legit player and even he with 47 pts makes 7 mil. At least he shows up most nights. Too bad he qualifies for the seniors discount of Cineplex.

Once again the flames did not negotiate the Cammy contract. They refused to sign Cammy even at 5 million, he went to market and got 6 million from Montreal.

The Sedins discount is well known because they want to stay together. Great for Vancouver because they are one of the best value contracts in the NHL.

The Flames are not one of the worst teams in the NHL with their contracts. No way.

#902 Banned01

Banned01

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

This is going in my signature....most likely the most deluded statement I have read this year.

I have seen this often here, I consider it kind of childish but whatever, I'll play along. Never done it before but really it makes you look like the fool, not me.

Any neutral Nuck fan is going to see value in Tangs, Joker, GlenX and at least see market value in Kipper, Iggy, and Gio. So you are going to make yourself look dumb, not the other way around. Drop the sig and so will I, it just makes you look dumb to people who know hockey.

#903 Banned01

Banned01

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

Doesn't matter, we have a cup

Sleep on that junior

RNH - you have to stay away from this topic, you know it is the nuclear option and just floods the thread with low-brow commentary which to me isn't why I come here.

Edited by Banned_for_truth, 23 February 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#904 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

This is what you're like:
Posted Image

Please don't insult dogs like that
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#905 Banned01

Banned01

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

Yup. Bring back a 4 goal scorer. Better yet pay him 2.5 million again.

No wonder the Flames team sucks this year with the way you guys over pay for players.

The Islanders gave him the contract not the Flames, do any of you guys look up this stuff. Montreal gave Cammy his contract etc etc.

Stajan is a truly bad contract, Jbo is also overpaid, what the heck?

#906 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

Taking on contracts is not much different than the original signing BFT. The only difference is term.

#907 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

The puck was also in in that game 6 in 04

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#908 Banned01

Banned01

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

Taking on contracts is not much different than the original signing BFT. The only difference is term.

I view it more as a Cap issue, if you have the room and you are a team that can spend to the ceiling? Why not, if the player fits. As you state the term is shorter.

I distinguish between a team that negotiates the contract and one that has it traded to them.

A rich team doesn't care outside of it affecting their Cap ceiling. Bad contracts negotiated BFT bring negative value to the player they want to trade, hence a Cap team can take advantage in moving less assets and taking on the bad contracts. The money doesn't really affect them if it fits.

Edited by Banned_for_truth, 23 February 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#909 Banned01

Banned01

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

The puck was also in in that game 6 in 04

Now you are really going to get it going by saying we have two cups. :frantic:

#910 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

Now you are really going to get it going by saying we have two cups. :frantic:

this is non sense :lol:

Stick around with your team through hard times, that's what fans do. Don't care what you all say, love my Flames!

Also, Glencross is likely back tonight! What an acquisition :P

3499h5x.jpg

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

#911 Banned01

Banned01

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

this is non sense :lol:

Stick around with your team through hard times, that's what fans do. Don't care what you all say, love my Flames!

Also, Glencross is likely back tonight! What an acquisition :P

And a great value contract - 0.733 PPG would factor out to a 60 point player if he had stayed healthy on an 82 game schedule and at 2.55 million?

I can't even think of a non RFA player that puts up that kind of output at that price. :)

Edited by Banned_for_truth, 23 February 2012 - 02:19 PM.

#912 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

This thread won't lock, you have no idea what was in it last year. It was so far beyond what is in it this year that it was unreal.

Yah I do remember it getting nasty.....if people don't grow up, we are headed down the same path.

Edited by pimpcurtly, 23 February 2012 - 02:33 PM.

Posted Image

#913 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,010 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

Yah I do remember it getting nasty.....if people don't grow up, we are headed down the same path.

This is the third Flames thread that I've been a part of. Irritates me to no end when a few trolls (so-called Canuck fans) cause the thread to be locked.

I just don't understand the need for the e-version of sticking out your tongue and saying "my dad can beat up your dad". Frankly, it's embarrassing....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#914 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

Gosh the flames suck even there captain is over paid he aint worth 7M, its kinda funny how people are getting upset that canucks fans are being negative towards these losers funny thing is this is our boards go back to that Hole CP. Another thing thats funny is why is Iginla a god in flamer fans eyes what has he accomplished in his career other then making it past the 1st round only once in his entire career even the sedins have accomplished more than that loser.. :bigblush:
GO Canucks GO

#915 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

Gosh the flames suck even there captain is over paid he aint worth 7M, its kinda funny how people are getting upset that canucks fans are being negative towards these losers funny thing is this is our boards go back to that Hole CP. Another thing thats funny is why is Iginla a god in flamer fans eyes what has he accomplished in his career other then making it past the 1st round only once in his entire career even the sedins have accomplished more than that loser.. :bigblush:

Posted Image

#916 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

Posted Image

Pretty sure the sedins have one of those even the 7uongo has one..
GO Canucks GO

#917 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

Pretty sure the sedins have one of those even the 7uongo has one..

I guess that puts them on the same Elite level.

#918 GototheFlamestotheGo

GototheFlamestotheGo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

Inconsistent play loses them another point. Mike Smith was shaky all night and the Flames decided to be generous by not testing him nearly as much as they should have.

Feaster during the intermission sure looked PO'ed in his interview and did say that if the Flames play like they did in Edmonton, then he will have no other option but change things up. I hope he realizes that despite the different outcome tonight, the effort level of the team was god awfully similar tonight, and he makes the required changes. Hey Jay, Paul Gaustad is still available! Should be able to acquire him without mortgaging the future and still get a player who will be extremely valuable.

And no Flames game it seems is without a new addition to the injury list. Krys Kolanos is now out with what looks like a Right ankle injury. Tough break for both him and the Flames.

#919 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

Any neutral Nuck fan is going to see value in Tangs, Joker, GlenX and at least see market value in Kipper, Iggy, and Gio. So you are going to make yourself look dumb, not the other way around. Drop the sig and so will I, it just makes you look dumb to people who know hockey.

I'm not dropping the sig, and by all means, keep your sig. It looks ridiculous.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#920 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

Just dropping like flies

Good thing that we tied it late to get a point. Jokinen!

3499h5x.jpg

#921 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,562 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

flames blow another big lead this season. I watched the 3rd, dont know why Vrbata didnt take the slapshot on the 2 on 1 with Phoenix up 3-2, he had room and that woulda iced the game. Three teams at 66 points, all with 61 games played, Dallas has the last spot with 31 wins, 3 more than the flames. Philadelphia somehow lost to the Oilers tonight, but that'll be a good test on Saturday for calgary, hoping the Flyers get it done in regulation. The flames play like they did tonight against Philly, it'll be lights out quick. GO FLYERS!!!
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#922 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

Wow just saw the interview Feaster had at the intermission

Boy did he sound pissed :lol:

3499h5x.jpg

#923 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,709 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:02 AM

I actually just went through and read the last few pages on this thread. Some people that post in here are an embarrassment to Canucks and Flames fans. However there is alot more good posters then bad. I do enjoying reading posts from both sides.

I actually post on a regular basis over at CP and I really only think one or 2 of them are idiots. Most of them jus stay stuff about the Canucks to try and get certain people banned. I honestly could care less if a guy from an Internet forum says the Canucks suck.

Also didn't Fo life say this draft was weak? From what I've read I've heard it's a pretty good draft. I do think the Flames will try and add a piece for the playoffs, but Jbo will still have to wait another year for playoff action.
Posted Image

#924 Banned01

Banned01

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:56 AM

I'm not dropping the sig, and by all means, keep your sig. It looks ridiculous.

Why would I expect you to take the high road. :lol: Goes against the very heart of what you are, one of the lesser classy posters that still hangs around on this board, thankfully in the minority now.

I doubt it looks ridiculous to those who do know what value contracts are in the NHL and what fair market value for certain players really is.

So giver, you look like a winner cutting up my post and putting a fragment in for your sig, to take a personal shot at me. Classy…

As I said here long ago, I have noticed a dramatic difference on the CDC this year compared to last year. The volume of posters like you has plummeted, you look like the class act to the other posters here with your cheap shot sig that is cut out of the context of my post for the specific purpose of mocking me.

Edited by Banned_for_truth, 24 February 2012 - 02:58 AM.

#925 Banned01

Banned01

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:00 AM

Wow just saw the interview Feaster had at the intermission

Boy did he sound pissed :lol:

It was refreshing to hear actually, definitely a call to step up.

Edited by Banned_for_truth, 24 February 2012 - 03:04 AM.

#926 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:02 AM

Don't feed the trolls Banned, we all know Jokinen's been amazing this year :)

Same with Glencross

And boy, Derek Smith! logging almost 20 minutes a game! What a find

3499h5x.jpg

#927 Mufasa

Mufasa

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

Wow that flames prove once again that they are a tweener looking to make a run, when will they learn that it's time to trade off the assets and get some picks. I'd like to know what dierection my team was going I'd feel so hopeless if they kept on going all out for playoffs just to miss it by 2 points. Oh well the flames are a garbage team that is damn pathetic.
RIP - Rick Rypien
PSN - BthaKing

#928 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

The Flames looked great in the first last night. Then it turned into bobble the puck night.

Glencross was a step or two behind. He should not have been inserted on the top line for his first game back (easy for me to say after the fact, however). His legs clearly weren't their. He couldn't hold the puck in the offensive zone, couldn't get it out of his own and had some pretty lousy whiffs at it (including during PP time). I am sure he will regain his stride; it just wasn't working last night.

I felt bad for Hannan tripping over the blue line and leaving the puck there for Whitney of all 'yotes.

Was very impressed with Brodie and Smith. Have never really noticed Smith before....he was solid last night. And Brodie fills in very nicely for a younger player.

Jokinen has been a pleasant surprise. He was solid again last night. I laughed when he was resigned but he may be their best forward this year. Yes, even better than Iginla.

I really don't see them making the playoffs, especially with all these injuries. And if they made it they would get 8th spot. I am certain that would be an easy elimination for Vancouver or Detroit.

#929 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,644 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:07 AM

Nvm

Edited by Tony Romo, 24 February 2012 - 09:08 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#930 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:50 AM

The Flames are not one of the worst teams in the NHL with their contracts. No way.

Who would be worse? If there are not "one of the worst", then in your summation there must be at least 5 teams with a worse contract structure.

And please include NTC and NMCs in your comparison.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.