1668 replies to this topic

#1651 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

It's a positive sign indeed. A lot of these guys look like they have top 6/top 4 potential, which has been a rarity for the Flames. More than that, it looks like for the first time in a long time, the Flames management seems to care about icing a strong AHL team, which is so crucial in building a culture of success.

We're far from contending for the cup but these are all optimistic signs.

With the lockout there's a good chance the Flames will get a relatively high pick (Lindholm and Baertschi together would be unreal), which would further strengthen the prospect pool and I have full confidence Weisbrod and co will make take the best players. I do hope Feaster get back the 2nd we traded

Good teams are built from within so it's awesome to see our prospects do well and shut all the haters up.

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#1652 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

POPULAR

Flames suck
GO Canucks GO

#1653 Oilers9977

Oilers9977

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

The Flames are just so hard to judge. They always make this late season push for the playoffs and suck to start. It's like a broken record now. What makes them think a guy like Iginla is going to give them that push now? He is regressing and it is very noticeable. He is no longer a full power forward. He plays ont he outside a lot as well. He is physically slower too. Kiprusoff is an interesting one. Does he keep up his great play?

#1654 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,589 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

The Flames are just so hard to judge. They always make this late season push for the playoffs and suck to start. It's like a broken record now. What makes them think a guy like Iginla is going to give them that push now? He is regressing and it is very noticeable. He is no longer a full power forward. He plays ont he outside a lot as well. He is physically slower too. Kiprusoff is an interesting one. Does he keep up his great play?

Iginla is still a fantastic leader, and that is hard to replace.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#1655 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,259 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

How is Bartschi playing in Abbotsford? I remember at the start of the year he was putting up tons of points, but I checked recently and he didn't have as many points as I thought he might have.
Posted Image

#1656 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

How is Bartschi playing in Abbotsford? I remember at the start of the year he was putting up tons of points, but I checked recently and he didn't have as many points as I thought he might have.

17pts in 19games, currently out with a neck injury

Not sure if you really expected him to sustain the 2PPG he had with the first 2 games

Edited by Sven Baertschi, 22 December 2012 - 07:44 PM.

3499h5x.jpg

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

#1657 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,617 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Flames suck

They certainly don't pose a threat in the NW.
Posted Image

#1658 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

They certainly don't pose a threat in the NW.

They are undefeated so far this year
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#1659 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,617 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

They are undefeated so far this year

Ain't that the truth, homie.
Posted Image

#1660 Oilers9977

Oilers9977

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

Iginla is still a fantastic leader, and that is hard to replace.

I agree, but I was not talking about his leadership. Just how his production is heading south. He also has had a hard time following a team system. Maybe a new coach this year rejuvinates him.

#1661 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,687 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

Lp

#1662 GototheFlamestotheGo

GototheFlamestotheGo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

So much for the Flames having no top 6/top 4 prospects. This WJC has been a real coming out party for Gaudreau. Offensively, he has been one of the most impressive players in the entire tourney, even in games where he wasn't notching points. He reminds me so much of Tanguay. Amazing hands and vision, with a solid shot to boot. Sieloff and Wotherspoon have also been very safe and solid and have the potential to be strong, stay-at-home Dmen in the future.

This is in addition to the already solid Baertschi (though I wish he would heal faster and get back into the swing of things), Gillies, Brossoit, Jankowski who has been quite steady as a NCAA rookie, Ortio in HIFK and Ramo in Omsk. Lots of solid pieces, especially goaltenders, which could definitely prove useful in the future.

Have to give credit where it's due for Weisbrod, Feaster and co. Atleast in the short-term, they have really helped revitalize the future of the Flames.

Edit: How could I have forgotten Markus Granlund! He was great as well for the Finns in their short run this year, not to mention he's been once again solid this year with HIFK, without his brother to be there to provide him sheltered minutes.

Edited by GototheFlamestotheGo, 04 January 2013 - 11:13 PM.

#1663 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Lp
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#1664 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Lp

#1665 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

Lp

#1666 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

So much for the Flames having no top 6/top 4 prospects. This WJC has been a real coming out party for Gaudreau. Offensively, he has been one of the most impressive players in the entire tourney, even in games where he wasn't notching points. He reminds me so much of Tanguay. Amazing hands and vision, with a solid shot to boot. Sieloff and Wotherspoon have also been very safe and solid and have the potential to be strong, stay-at-home Dmen in the future.

This is in addition to the already solid Baertschi (though I wish he would heal faster and get back into the swing of things), Gillies, Brossoit, Jankowski who has been quite steady as a NCAA rookie, Ortio in HIFK and Ramo in Omsk. Lots of solid pieces, especially goaltenders, which could definitely prove useful in the future.

Have to give credit where it's due for Weisbrod, Feaster and co. Atleast in the short-term, they have really helped revitalize the future of the Flames.

Edit: How could I have forgotten Markus Granlund! He was great as well for the Finns in their short run this year, not to mention he's been once again solid this year with HIFK, without his brother to be there to provide him sheltered minutes.

Don't get your hopes up. The Flames have sucked and will suck for years to come.

Edited by Mr. Reputable, 05 January 2013 - 12:13 PM.

#1667 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,639 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Don't get your hopes up. The Flames have sucked and will suck for years to come.

Dude they have Roman Cervenka and Mark Jankowski. They're pretty much unstoppable.

#1668 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

Sven has returned to the AHL and got a point in his first game back in limited minutes

Guy's a star in the making. Calder this year.

Hopeful starting roster:
Baertschi - Cammalleri - Iginla
Tanguay - Backlund - Hudler
Glencross - Cervenka - Stempniak
Jackman - Stajan - Horak

Giordano - Wideman
Bouwmeester - Sarich
Brodie - Butler

Kipper
Irving

Edited by Sven Baertschi, 06 January 2013 - 02:43 PM.

3499h5x.jpg

#1669 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Although, I hate them both equally, I think this Schultz guy will win Calder over Sven due to the fact that Schultz is playing in line with better, highly skilled players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.