#1 ThaManbeast

ThaManbeast

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

POPULAR

Marko Sturm is legendary! Thank you GIllis for this fantastic offseason addition. Almost made me forget about losing Torres (almost ;), still not made up for).

Edited by ThaManbeast, 12 October 2011 - 09:06 PM.

In Benning We Trust

#2 srsface

srsface

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

POPULAR

I agree, I was confused at the signing but Sturm has been fantastic. He brings out the best in Cody, maybe he could do what Sundin did for Kesler, in maturing him. I can see Sturm scoring 40 goals along side Kesler, maybe even 50 with the Sedins.

He's also a veteran, I believe he will step it up in the playoffs. We need a game-breaker, and that is him. Re-signing him this off-season is a must. And that is why MG is GM, he finds bargains.

#3 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

POPULAR

Sturm has been more than another great signing from Mike Gillis. I don't see what everyone's complaining about. He's a good player, and I think Hodgson has been playing well because of him. He has mentored Hodgsonand taught him how to become a professional in today's NHL. It's no coincidence that after Sturm was signed, Hodgson flourished into a confident prospect.

I say we keep Sturm on the 2nd line when Kesler gets back.Kesler, Sturm and Hodgson is exactly the type of offensive output we needed last year during the playoffs. I say after this year, Sturm should receive and extension from Mike Gillis so that he can continue to help Hodgson grow.

I'm surprised people are already complaining about Sturm so early in the season. Sturm just had a surgery so I doubt he's playing at his full potential. Who knows, with Kesler he may even crack 30 goals this season.I say everyone give this man a chance. You'll all be surprised when he turns into an allstar when Kesler returns.

He's currently earning $2.25M per year. I say $3.5M per yearfor 4 years is a pretty good number for him for the next few years. Thoughts? I mean, he has done nothing but amaze me since he's back. His work ethic is outstanding. Despite the few turnovers I see a game from him, I think after 10-15 games he's going to be just fine.

Don't write him off so fast CDC. Star players don't just grow overnight.

Remember when people said Sedins weren't good enough? When Kesler wasn't good enough? When Hodgson was a bust? Well look at them now.Sturm is no different. Give him time, he will come around. He may be the piece to bring us to the promise land.

Edited by BunBun, 12 October 2011 - 09:04 PM.

Posted Image

#4 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,301 posts

POPULAR

Sturm has been more than another great signing from MikeGillis. I don't see what everyone's complaining about. He's a good player, andI think Hodgson has been playing well because of him. He has mentored Hodgsonand taught him how to become a professional in today's NHL. It's no coincidencethat after Sturm was signed, Hodgson flourished into a confident prospect.

I say we keep Sturm on the 2nd line when Kesler gets back.Kesler, Sturm and Hodgson is exactly the type of offensive output we neededlast year during the playoffs. I say after this year, Sturm should receive andextension from Mike Gillis so that he can continue to help Hodgson grow.

I'm surprised people are already complaining about Sturm soearly in the season. Sturm just had a surgery so I doubt he's playing at hisfull potential. Who knows, with Kesler he may even crack 30 goals this season.I say everyone give this man a chance. You'll all be surprised when he turnsinto an allstar when Kesler returns.

He's currently earning $2.25M per year. I say $3.5M per yearfor 4 years is a pretty good number for him for the next few years. Thoughts? Imean, he has done nothing but amaze me since he's back. His work ethic isoutstanding. Despite the few turnovers I see a game from him, I think after10-15 games he's going to be just fine.

Don't write him off so fast CDC. Star players don't justgrow overnight.

Remember when people said Sedins weren't good enough? WhenKesler wasn't good enough? When Hodgson was a bust? Well look at them now.Sturm is no different. Give him time, he will come around. He may be the pieceto bring us to the promise land.

I totally agree, Sturm is everything this team needed to take the next step. Coming into the season, the Canucks required a legit top-6 winger to put them over the top, but MG went above and beyond the requirements.

The way Sturm plays really reminds me of Trevor Linden in the early 90's. He battles for every inch of ice, always strong on the puck and his ferocious efforts when back-checking are amazing.

I know you said that you think Sturm should play with Kesler when he comes back, but I really think that this current second line should stay how it is and Kesler should be put on the 3rd or 4th line so he doesn’t disrupt the chemistry. I think we have a special thing going here; Sturm may end up being the best free-agent signing of the modern era.

It’s too bad he’s had injury troubles during his career. There’s no doubt that he’d be known as the best European forward in NHL history if he was able to stay healthy.

Posted Image

#5 Krazz

Krazz

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:58 PM

POPULAR

I really think Marco Sturm had 3 really good games for the Canucks so far. I don't think people here on CDC is giving him a fair chance. I mean, he's averaging 14:17 minutes of ice time throughout the three games, but he has a 100% faceoff percentage and is tied on the team for the 2nd least amount of penalty minutes (2 PIM).

This shows us that Sturm is a consistently disciplined player that Hodgson could really use as a mentor. Hopefully Hodgson will be able to hit his stride soon so that people on CDC could really see what Sturm is made of.

Posted Image

#6 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,773 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:02 PM

POPULAR

Sturm's positioning is so strong he doesn't even need to move for an entire shift.

Edited by Number14, 12 October 2011 - 09:02 PM.

CMc20QE.gif

Put Gino in the ROH

#7 Chimon

Chimon

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,387 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

POPULAR

Marco Sturm = The next Uwe Krupp? :towel:

CDC STHS Hockey League
2015-16 medium.pngNortheast Division Leader (45-29-8) | DNQ (33-35-8)
2014-15 medium.pngNortheast Division Leader (50-25-7) | AHL President's Trophy (48-19-9)

2013-14 medium.png: Stanley Cup Finalist (41-28-13) | AHL Division Leader (45-19-8)

2012-13 medium.png: GM of the Year, President's Trophy (52-24-6) | AHL Calder Cup (51-18-7)

#8 Kyle-

Kyle-

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

What in gods name am I reading

I don't give a sh*t about spelling.

#9 micgao

micgao

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

POPULAR

What in gods Marco Sturm's name am I reading

Fixed
Posted Image

#10 Krazz

Krazz

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

POPULAR

He's a good player, and I think Hodgson has been playing well because of him. He has mentored Hodgsonand taught him how to become a professional in today's NHL. It's no coincidence that after Sturm was signed, Hodgson flourished into a confident prospect.

I think this is a really good observation. When Sturm was playing on the Hodgson line, he [Hodgson] looked dangerous every shift. As soon as AV changed up the lines for the 3rd period, Hodgson was barely noticeable. Don't fix what's not broke, I'd say.

Posted Image

#11 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 72,386 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:08 PM

POPULAR

Agreed, Sturm has good speed and puck-handling skills. He doesn't have the same speed he used to have but he could be a special-teams weapon. And can develop Cody's game go to the next level.

307mg00.jpg

#12 Anti-Bettman

Anti-Bettman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

Sarcasm overload!!! Posted Image

* 1st in Canucks Fantasy Hockey 2011/12*

Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

POPULAR

the canucks start slow in the first to give the other team a chance against marco sturms determined attack.

#14 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,703 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:10 PM

POPULAR

2qnqykg.jpg

#15 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:11 PM

POPULAR

Sir, you need to be a better observer when you watch hockey. Sure Sturm lost the puck a few times but overall he's played great. The hate towards him isn't very fair as he still doesn't have chemistry with the team yet plus he just got off an injury.

I think he's the player we've been searching for as a linemate for Kesler all summer.

Edited by BunBun, 12 October 2011 - 09:12 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,703 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:13 PM

POPULAR

he's definitely the missing piece to the Stanley Cup puzzle.

2qnqykg.jpg

#17 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:14 PM

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#18 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:13 PM

POPULAR

Uh, have you even watched any of the three Canucks games this season? Sturm has dominated in all 3 zones of the ice. It's just a shame the rest of the team isn't as conditioned and determined as he is right now.

Posted Image

#19 Chimon

Chimon

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,387 posts

POPULAR

Sir, you need to be a better observer when you watch hockey. Sure Sturm lost the puck a few times but overall he's played great. The hate towards him isn't very fair as he still doesn't have chemistry with the team yet plus he just got off an injury.

I think he's the player we've been searching for as a linemate for Kesler all summer.

You mean Marco Sturm played so great the puck lost him. Big difference!

CDC STHS Hockey League
2015-16 medium.pngNortheast Division Leader (45-29-8) | DNQ (33-35-8)
2014-15 medium.pngNortheast Division Leader (50-25-7) | AHL President's Trophy (48-19-9)

2013-14 medium.png: Stanley Cup Finalist (41-28-13) | AHL Division Leader (45-19-8)

2012-13 medium.png: GM of the Year, President's Trophy (52-24-6) | AHL Calder Cup (51-18-7)

#20 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,030 posts

POPULAR

Sturm is my favorite player on the Canucks. I'm turning my Tanner Glass jersey in a Sturm jersey, it's fitting that my two favorite Canucks players both wore 15. Sturms knees aren't holding him back at all, he's as fast as the wind, and just as elusive.

#21 ThaManbeast

ThaManbeast

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

POPULAR

Pretty sure Sturm was setting the pace of the game for the Sedins so that the Flyers will fall under the cycle. If you look at when Sturm was off the 2nd line, the Canucks couldn't re-establish momentum. They need Sturm on that second line to set the pace for the Sedins to work their magic.

In Benning We Trust

#22 Guest_AriGold_*

Guest_AriGold_*
  • Guests

POPULAR

This is by far my favourite CDC thread at the moment. I havent seen this many popular stars since the Clutch thread.

#23 srsface

srsface

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:15 PM

POPULAR

Spot on, I seriously wonder what people are thinking when they watch hockey. You're not going to get much better effort by many other players.

Marco Sturm brings the full package.

#24 The Architect

The Architect

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

" "
Sig too big.

THANK YOU P R O L I F I C for the incredible signature!

#25 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,951 posts

Sturm is MIA.

#26 Clark Kent

Clark Kent

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,598 posts

I see you're Sturm, and I raise you Rome. Wuddup.
Posted Image

#27 Krazz

Krazz

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,472 posts

POPULAR

he's definitely the missing piece to the Stanley Cup puzzle.

If you look at most Stanley Cup Champions, they all have secondary scorers. With Sturm's consistency (he has 8 20+ goal seasons), he will be quite complimentary to Kesler. He will be one of the main guys the Canucks will look towards to showcase his talents in the playoffs, as he's already been there 9 times.

Posted Image

#28 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:16 PM

POPULAR

I think we have a Fitzpatrick replacement. Let's vote Sturm into the All-Star game.

#30 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

POPULAR

Marco Sturm is more than the next Uwe Krupp.

He's the next Chuck Norris.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.