The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marko Sturm = The Next Uwe Krupp?

ThaManbeast

I agree, I was confused at the signing but Sturm has been fantastic. He brings out the best in Cody, maybe he could do what Sundin did for Kesler, in maturing him. I can see Sturm scoring 40 goals along side Kesler, maybe even 50 with the Sedins.

He's also a veteran, I believe he will step it up in the playoffs. We need a game-breaker, and that is him. Re-signing him this off-season is a must. And that is why MG is GM, he finds bargains.

Sturm has been more than another great signing from MikeGillis. I don't see what everyone's complaining about. He's a good player, andI think Hodgson has been playing well because of him. He has mentored Hodgsonand taught him how to become a professional in today's NHL. It's no coincidencethat after Sturm was signed, Hodgson flourished into a confident prospect.

I say we keep Sturm on the 2nd line when Kesler gets back.Kesler, Sturm and Hodgson is exactly the type of offensive output we neededlast year during the playoffs. I say after this year, Sturm should receive andextension from Mike Gillis so that he can continue to help Hodgson grow.

I'm surprised people are already complaining about Sturm soearly in the season. Sturm just had a surgery so I doubt he's playing at hisfull potential. Who knows, with Kesler he may even crack 30 goals this season.I say everyone give this man a chance. You'll all be surprised when he turnsinto an allstar when Kesler returns.

He's currently earning $2.25M per year. I say $3.5M per yearfor 4 years is a pretty good number for him for the next few years. Thoughts? Imean, he has done nothing but amaze me since he's back. His work ethic isoutstanding. Despite the few turnovers I see a game from him, I think after10-15 games he's going to be just fine.

Don't write him off so fast CDC. Star players don't justgrow overnight.

Remember when people said Sedins weren't good enough? WhenKesler wasn't good enough? When Hodgson was a bust? Well look at them now.Sturm is no different. Give him time, he will come around. He may be the pieceto bring us to the promise land.

Sturm has been more than another great signing from Mike Gillis. I don't see what everyone's complaining about. He's a good player, and I think Hodgson has been playing well because of him. He has mentored Hodgsonand taught him how to become a professional in today's NHL. It's no coincidence that after Sturm was signed, Hodgson flourished into a confident prospect.

I say we keep Sturm on the 2nd line when Kesler gets back.Kesler, Sturm and Hodgson is exactly the type of offensive output we needed last year during the playoffs. I say after this year, Sturm should receive and extension from Mike Gillis so that he can continue to help Hodgson grow.

I'm surprised people are already complaining about Sturm so early in the season. Sturm just had a surgery so I doubt he's playing at his full potential. Who knows, with Kesler he may even crack 30 goals this season.I say everyone give this man a chance. You'll all be surprised when he turns into an allstar when Kesler returns.

He's currently earning $2.25M per year. I say $3.5M per yearfor 4 years is a pretty good number for him for the next few years. Thoughts? I mean, he has done nothing but amaze me since he's back. His work ethic is outstanding. Despite the few turnovers I see a game from him, I think after 10-15 games he's going to be just fine.

Don't write him off so fast CDC. Star players don't just grow overnight.

Remember when people said Sedins weren't good enough? When Kesler wasn't good enough? When Hodgson was a bust? Well look at them now.Sturm is no different. Give him time, he will come around. He may be the piece to bring us to the promise land.

I really think Marco Sturm had 3 really good games for the Canucks so far. I don't think people here on CDC is giving him a fair chance. I mean, he's averaging 14:17 minutes of ice time throughout the three games, but he has a 100% faceoff percentage and is tied on the team for the 2nd least amount of penalty minutes (2 PIM).

This shows us that Sturm is a consistently disciplined player that Hodgson could really use as a mentor. Hopefully Hodgson will be able to hit his stride soon so that people on CDC could really see what Sturm is made of.

He's a good player, and I think Hodgson has been playing well because of him. He has mentored Hodgsonand taught him how to become a professional in today's NHL. It's no coincidence that after Sturm was signed, Hodgson flourished into a confident prospect.

Pretty sure Sturm was setting the pace of the game for the Sedins so that the Flyers will fall under the cycle. If you look at when Sturm was off the 2nd line, the Canucks couldn't re-establish momentum. They need Sturm on that second line to set the pace for the Sedins to work their magic.

Sir, you need to be a better observer when you watch hockey. Sure Sturm lost the puck a few times but overall he's played great. The hate towards him isn't very fair as he still doesn't have chemistry with the team yet plus he just got off an injury.

I think he's the player we've been searching for as a linemate for Kesler all summer.

Archived