Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThaManbeast

Marko Sturm = The Next Uwe Krupp?

329 posts in this topic

I miss Sturm. He was such a leader on our team earlier this season. Gillis needs to shape up and stop letting guys like this go for next to nothing.

He has 3 points in 28 games. Stud much?

He was a very friendly guy. I still feel kind of bad for him. and its been 4 months.

No matter what people say, Sturm got a pretty raw deal.

Sure the move helped the organization, but Sturm was really excited about coming to Vancouver. He pulled his kids out of school to come here and everything.

I agree, I was confused at the signing but Sturm has been fantastic. He brings out the best in Cody, maybe he could do what Sundin did for Kesler, in maturing him. I can see Sturm scoring 40 goals along side Kesler, maybe even 50 with the Sedins.

He's also a veteran, I believe he will step it up in the playoffs. We need a game-breaker, and that is him. Re-signing him this off-season is a must. And that is why MG is GM, he finds bargains.

I felt bad for the guy no doubt but Gillis made a better hockey decsion in getting Booth.

Sure the move helped the organization, but Sturm was really excited about coming to Vancouver. He pulled his kids out of school to come here and everything.

Add him to the list of players supposedly "mistreated" by the Canucks. (Mattheiu Schneider, Shane O'Brien, Willy Mitchell, etc.)

It's hilarious reading all the praise on the first page :D

its great to make some fun about a guy hwo got injured 5+ times in the past 3 years...and i dont say this just cuz he´s a german

he had great times..he may was the best german ever..we´ll never know

I am glad he got to go to Florida and play.

I mean which northern European or north American would not want a chance to live in the sun?

Sammy was a very popular Canuck and Marco was a great guy.

I am very happy they went to a good team in a great locale.

I totally agree, Sturm is everything this team needed to take the next step. Coming into the season, the Canucks required a legit top-6 winger to put them over the top, but MG went above and beyond the requirements.

The way Sturm plays really reminds me of Trevor Linden in the early 90's. He battles for every inch of ice, always strong on the puck and his ferocious efforts when back-checking are amazing.