The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marko Sturm = The Next Uwe Krupp?

ThaManbeast

It took Marco Sturm 5 seasons to finally crack the 20 goal mark in his career that's brutal, it only took Grabner 1 full year to score 30+.

Also Marco Sturms first season in the NHL played 74 games and scored 10 goals.

Grabner in 20 games with Vancouver scored 5 goals, big difference, Grabner played 76 games with Islanders and scored 34 goals.

Sturm definitely looks like the real deal. Sure the injury bug has hurted his last few seasons, but he is coming back with a force. Lets hope when Kesler comes back, we will have that secondary scoring that we are missing.

One more piece to our puzzle, the next is probably solidifying our 4th line. IMO, Volpatti isn't the answer. Expect a Trade Deadline deal for a solid 3rd liner from another team to fill in a 4th line role.

I have to disagree. I think the bright spots in Cody's game have been the times when he controls the puck in the offensive zone with poise vision and hockey sense beyond his years. And thanks to his health, we are finally getting to see it for ourselves rather than debate in these forums whether it exists or not. Oh ya, and I feel we can thank Cody for that, not Marco Sturm.

I agree, I was confused at the signing but Sturm has been fantastic. He brings out the best in Cody, maybe he could do what Sundin did for Kesler, in maturing him. I can see Sturm scoring 40 goals along side Kesler, maybe even 50 with the Sedins.

He's also a veteran, I believe he will step it up in the playoffs. We need a game-breaker, and that is him. Re-signing him this off-season is a must. And that is why MG is GM, he finds bargains.

It took Marko Sturm 5 seasons to finally crack the 20 goal mark in his career that's brutal, it only took Grabner 1 full year to score 30+.

Also Marko Sturms first season in the NHL played 74 games and scored 10 goals.

Grabner in 20 games with Vancouver scored 5 goals, big difference, Grabner played 76 games with Islanders and scored 34 goals.

Sturm definitely looks like the real deal. Sure the injury bug has hurted his last few seasons, but he is coming back with a force. Lets hope when Kesler comes back, we will have that secondary scoring that we are missing.

One more piece to our puzzle, the next is probably solidifying our 4th line. IMO, Volpatti isn't the answer. Expect a Trade Deadline deal for a solid 3rd liner from another team to fill in a 4th line role.

I have to disagree. I think the bright spots in Cody's game have been the times when he controls the puck in the offensive zone with poise vision and hockey sense beyond his years. And thanks to his health, we are finally getting to see it for ourselves rather than debate in these forums whether it exists or not. Oh ya, and I feel we can thank Cody for that, not Marco Sturm.

At first I was a bit puzzled at MG's siging of Sturm, when in fact he was the missing piece to the puzzle. Everyone is talking about how we need parise or weber. Why need them both when we have Marco Sturm? who would cost less than a quarter of the price for parise and weber. Did you see how great sturm was in both zones tonight. The canucks were intentionally taking penalties tonight just to get sturm some pk time. And it was such a great idea! Extension coming? I think YES!

Sturm has been playing on the second line and has 0 points with a -2 rating in 3 games played. I've barely noticed him out there(even Dale Weise has been more noticable) and I don't believe he's the reason why Coho is playing better. Samuelsson and Higgins have played much better than Sturm and if his play doesn't pick up he will soon be demoted. Hopefully he can pick up his point production otherwise he'll be in coach V's doghouse all year...

Sturm has been playing on the second line and has 0 points with a -2 rating in 3 games played. I've barely noticed him out there(even Dale Weise has been more noticable) and I don't believe he's the reason why Coho is playing better. Samuelsson and Higgins have played much better than Sturm and if his play doesn't pick up he will soon be demoted. Hopefully he can pick up his point production otherwise he'll be in coach V's doghouse all year...

Archived