The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marko Sturm = The Next Uwe Krupp?

ThaManbeast

Guys, guys, let us settle our religious differences and just talk hockey. Whether you worship the Holy Church of Sturm or are an atheist, we can at least agree on this:

Sturm is an elite winger who has been waiting for a change of scenery so he could break out into the 60 goal, 130 point player we all knew he could be. But it's not just his Lemieux-shaming talent that makes him a great player, it's his monstrous work ethic and devoted commitment to playing a 3-zone game.

Nobody lays it all out on the ice like the Sturminator. Paying a trip to the Sturm bank. Straight outta Vancouver, it's a Pacific Sturm.

Praise Marco Sturm.

Sturm has been playing on the second line and has 0 points with a -2 rating in 3 games played. I've barely noticed him out there(even Dale Weise has been more noticable) and I don't believe he's the reason why Coho is playing better. Samuelsson and Higgins have played much better than Sturm and if his play doesn't pick up he will soon be demoted. Hopefully he can pick up his point production otherwise he'll be in coach V's doghouse all year...

Sir, you need to be a better observer when you watch hockey. Sure Sturm lost the puck a few times but overall he's played great. The hate towards him isn't very fair as he still doesn't have chemistry with the team yet plus he just got off an injury.

I think he's the player we've been searching for as a linemate for Kesler all summer.

Archived