GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:31 PM

Tonight's episode might have been the best episode ever

which puts it in the running for best show ever, of all time

Troy timeline was the best. More evil community!

Edited by GodzillaDeuce, 13 October 2011 - 10:54 PM.

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#2 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:33 PM

prob the funniest scenes ever lol

Edited by GodzillaDeuce, 13 October 2011 - 09:01 PM.

#3 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,736 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

Love this show. :)

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes   || STL Blues EHL Roster ||

cookie.png

#4 Yeezus

Yeezus

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:09 AM

I love the first two seasons so much that it became my favorite comedy. Something about Season 3 feels different though, I'm not sure if it's me, or even if it's a good different or a bad different. But last night's episode was definitely interesting to say the least.

#5 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:32 AM

POPULAR

I love the first two seasons so much that it became my favorite comedy. Something about Season 3 feels different though, I'm not sure if it's me, or even if it's a good different or a bad different. But last night's episode was definitely interesting to say the least.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:58 PM

bye week

):

#7 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:19 PM

I watch this show just for Abed.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#8 the-d-man

the-d-man

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:57 AM

I love this show. The concept episodes are the best!
Posted Image
COCONUTS GLOW COCONUTS GLOW
made by ripsh0w

#9 Mr. Shakermaker

Mr. Shakermaker

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,322 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:59 PM

this show tries a little too hard for me (just like Scrubs), but it's got potential
Posted Image

#10 Ren

Ren

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

New Halloween episode tonight!

Posted Image

#11 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,736 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:53 PM

Can't wait for the Halloween episode! Should be great.

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes   || STL Blues EHL Roster ||

cookie.png

#12 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:39 PM

got town meeting to attend tonight

between world series, community, parks and rec and office, i'm seriously considering skipping lol

#13 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:33 PM

got town meeting to attend tonight

between world series, community, parks and rec and office, i'm seriously considering skipping lol

yeah skipped the meeting AND didn't watch the 7th or 8th innings lol

was pretty funny, but can i just say that nothing about shirley ever makes me laugh

#14 Ren

Ren

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:01 PM

Pretty good episode, but I didn't like it as much as the timeline one. I laughed the hardest at Troy, Abed, and Annie's stories.

Posted Image Posted Image

#15 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:29 PM

Pretty good episode, but I didn't like it as much as the timeline one. I laughed the hardest at Troy, Abed, and Annie's stories.

Posted Image Posted Image

+ Britta's. for me the episode started out strong, but got progressively less funny

#16 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,920 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:40 AM

It was a good episode, but my expectations for the holiday episodes is so high for this show. I felt this one of the weaker holday ones. Still, best show on TV, imo

#17 Ren

Ren

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:47 PM

+ Britta's. for me the episode started out strong, but got progressively less funny

I didn't really mean to exclude her; her story was great. And she was great through the whole episode, actually. IMO, she has easily been the best part of season three.
Spoiler

It was a good episode, but my expectations for the holiday episodes is so high for this show. I felt this one of the weaker holday ones. Still, best show on TV, imo

Agreed with all of that. I'm dying to watch the Christmas one. It's supposed to be a musical this year (which I kind of thought they did last year, but I don't mind). Bring on the Glee jokes.

#18 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:47 AM

I didn't really mean to exclude her; her story was great. And she was great through the whole episode, actually. IMO, she has easily been the best part of season three.

Spoiler

Agreed with all of that. I'm dying to watch the Christmas one. It's supposed to be a musical this year (which I kind of thought they did last year, but I don't mind). Bring on the Glee jokes.

Ahaha. Yeah, Britta has always been my favourite character. I actually forgot this was a holiday episode. I know..there were constant reminders, but it just seemed like a regular episode with a Halloween theme...as opposed to the usual extravagent Community Holiday episodes. I hope they do a paintball one again for the finale, those are always way epic.

#19 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,986 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:37 AM

Latest episode was good, but IMO the timelines one has easily become one of my faves

#20 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:55 AM

The timeline episode was great but I still like the paintball ones the best. :P

They need to make sure they include Abed and Troy in most episodes because, IMO, shows that focus on Annie / Britta / Jeff aren't always that entertaining. However, Britta is definitely better this season :lol:

I find the angle between Annie and Jeff... weird. Would rather have Annie trying to court Troy again. :P

Posted Image

#21 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

Also, I lol'd when troy said "I heard the dean's got free taco meat from the army!"

#22 7thMan

7thMan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

Can someone PM me a link to a safe website where I can watch all the episodes for free online?

Cannot seem to find one.

If you have Netflix, they have the entire first season.

Edited by 7thMan, 30 October 2011 - 07:46 PM.

#23 Ren

Ren

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:08 AM

Wrapping most of my post in spoiler tags because it's stupidly long and no one wants to read my essay. Yeah, it's probably time for bed.

Ahaha. Yeah, Britta has always been my favourite character. I actually forgot this was a holiday episode. I know..there were constant reminders, but it just seemed like a regular episode with a Halloween theme...as opposed to the usual extravagent Community Holiday episodes. I hope they do a paintball one again for the finale, those are always way epic.

Spoiler

Latest episode was good, but IMO the timelines one has easily become one of my faves

Spoiler

The timeline episode was great but I still like the paintball ones the best. :P

They need to make sure they include Abed and Troy in most episodes because, IMO, shows that focus on Annie / Britta / Jeff aren't always that entertaining. However, Britta is definitely better this season :lol:

I find the angle between Annie and Jeff... weird. Would rather have Annie trying to court Troy again. :P

Spoiler

Can someone PM me a link to a safe website where I can watch all the episodes for free online?

Cannot seem to find one.

Spoiler

I'm curious what everyone's five favorite episodes are. Mine are: 1. Dungeons and Dragons 2. Paradigms of Human Memory 3. Modern Warfare 4. Remedial Chaos Theory 5. A Fistful of Paintballs

#24 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:30 PM

Favorites (in order of appearance):

• Advanced Criminal Law
  • Environmental Science
  • Modern Warfare
  • Basic Rocket Science
  • Aerodynamics of Gender
  • Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design
  • AD&D
  • Critical Film Studies
  • Remedial Chaos Theory

#25 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:30 PM

Abed as Troy: "I like football... but also, I don't"

also, lol @ pierce's dad's funeral taking place within 24 hrs

#26 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

Favorites (in order of appearance):

• Advanced Criminal Law
  • Environmental Science
  • Modern Warfare
  • Basic Rocket Science
  • Aerodynamics of Gender
  • Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design
  • AD&D
  • Critical Film Studies
  • Remedial Chaos Theory

Paint ball for the victory.

Edited by Champions of Nothing, 03 November 2011 - 08:46 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#27 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:18 AM

Community is pretty much the most innovative show out there. I can't believe it's not more widely known and hasn't garnered much recognition. I mean, and this is just my opinion, but I've seen all the common contenders for awards (ie. Modern Family, Glee) and they just aren't as good as Community on a consistent basis. I just wish they could win an award to maybe gain some more viewers because if it gets cancelled I think a part of me will die. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE MISSING, PEOPLE!

I agree that Community is definitely innovative and for the most part under-appreciated, but to me Modern Family is a notch above; it's already one of my favorite shows of all time. It's a show that never has a bad episode, and I can only say that about Friends, King of Queens and the first half of The Simpsons... elite company. :P

Community is brilliant for the most part but some episodes end up being rather dull. But I guess it doesn't help that I haven't even seen most of the movies they spoof -_-.

Abed as Troy: "I like football... but also, I don't"

also, lol @ pierce's dad's funeral taking place within 24 hrs

Jeff: How old are you guys?

Troy: The question isn't how old we are, but when old we are.

:lol:

Edited by kanucks25, 06 November 2011 - 03:19 AM.

Posted Image

#28 Ren

Ren

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:11 AM

Either Jeff and Britta were talking too fast or their banter just wasn't as funny this week. The B plot with Troy was waaaaay better. I could easily watch a TV show where the thread of the entire season is one man's struggle to find his true calling: plumbing or air conditioning repair.

The episode kind of reminded me of the one with Troy's birthday last season. The first time it seemed kind of dark and unresolved, then I watched it again and loved it. I hope the same thing will happen with this one. The best parts for me were the end tag (the whole thing broke me) and Troy and Abed talking about Superman.

I should clarify that I actually like Modern Family and watch it every week. The first season was flawless and it deserved an Emmy, but I feel like ever since then they've been relying on the same jokes a lot, and it's just a little more predictable than Community. And it could just be jealousy, because I know what an Emmy would do for a show as perilously close to cancellation as Community. I will give it credit though for doing something Community has never really done for me, which is get me emotionally. It sounds stupid, but I like when TV shows make me cry (and I have tear ducts like Alison Brie, so I'm pretty easy to get) and Community has never really come close to doing that for me. The closest was during Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas (didn't include that in my top five, silly). It's okay because I like it for so many other reasons, but I would bet that is at least a small part of why they've never won.

No apologies for Glee though.

#29 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:21 AM

I should clarify that I actually like Modern Family and watch it every week. The first season was flawless and it deserved an Emmy, but I feel like ever since then they've been relying on the same jokes a lot, and it's just a little more predictable than Community. And it could just be jealousy, because I know what an Emmy would do for a show as perilously close to cancellation as Community. I will give it credit though for doing something Community has never really done for me, which is get me emotionally. It sounds stupid, but I like when TV shows make me cry (and I have tear ducts like Alison Brie, so I'm pretty easy to get) and Community has never really come close to doing that for me. The closest was during Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas (didn't include that in my top five, silly). It's okay because I like it for so many other reasons, but I would bet that is at least a small part of why they've never won.

No apologies for Glee though.

I don't think that's just Community, though... that's just how shows are nowadays.

Older shows like Friends, Home Improvement, Fresh Prince, etc. could make you laugh as much as any of the top shows right now, but they had other levels.

The Office has a little of it, and yeah, so does Modern Family, but not much. Shows like Community and The Big Bang Theory are just pure comedies, nothing more.

Posted Image

#30 Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:13 AM

I don't think that's just Community, though... that's just how shows are nowadays.

Older shows like Friends, Home Improvement, Fresh Prince, etc. could make you laugh as much as any of the top shows right now, but they had other levels.

The Office has a little of it, and yeah, so does Modern Family, but not much. Shows like Community and The Big Bang Theory are just pure comedies, nothing more.

Community is so much deeper than a pure comedy...
EMBRACE THE HATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.